• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Calamari is out for revenge. Well, he's out for hoping someone else goes for revenge for him, while he kicks back in the OC eating some Wahoos Fish Tacos with his Orange County black flat brim hat on, sunglasses upside down on the back of his neck, looking forward to going to the South Coast Plaza before finishing up at the Goat Hill Tavern.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Calamari is out for revenge. Well, he's out for hoping someone else goes for revenge for him, while he kicks back in the OC eating some Wahoos Fish Tacos with his Orange County black flat brim hat on, sunglasses upside down on the back of his neck, looking forward to going to the South Coast Plaza before finishing up at the Goat Hill Tavern.

L0NES8d_zps0mc3yoff.gif

Redondo Beach: OC North, but with enough LA influence to make it the date rape capital of the state.

Just South of Hermosa, the VD capital of the state, just below Manhattan home of the most plastic breasts and duck lips.

The South Bay is a goddam cesspool. No wonder the Kings all live and train there.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Just South of Hermosa, the VD capital of the state, just below Manhattan home of the most plastic breasts and duck lips.

The South Bay is a goddam cesspool. No wonder the Kings all live and train there.

Manhattan Beach is a great place if you enjoy driving on busy two way streets which are only wide enough to fit one car, all on a 60 degree grade.

Quick

Banned
One day, I'll go to California and memorize the whole Los Angeles/Anaheim and surrounding areas, just so I can also comment on terrible qualities of each region.

Cake Boss

Banned
White is legit though. For two years in a row, USNDP has had fantastic, underrated second line centres (Larkin, White) due to the first line centres being elite prospects (Eichel, Matthews)

Another 3 point night for him, 20 points in 12 games. On pace for more points than Larkin.

#1 CENNNNTTTTEEEEERRRRRRR!!

I remember being so pissed we didn't take Koneckny and passing on him twice, glad I was wrong. Thats why this scouting staff needs to stay.

Curufinwe

Another 3 point night for him, 20 points in 12 games. On pace for more points than Larkin.

#1 CENNNNTTTTEEEEERRRRRRR!!

I remember being so pissed we didn't take Koneckny and passing on him twice, glad I was wrong. Thats why this scouting staff needs to stay.

The bottom half of the first round looks very impressive so far. If he can stay healthy Konecny could be the playmaking RW our top 6 really needs.

The one guy who maybe went too high was Carlsson at 29. I think Roy would have been a better pick.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft.php?year=2015

Minnesota fans can be so fucking stupid sometimes.

The stadium series jersey is great. I'm obviously biased, but it's the best looking one of the bunch.

Yet all I see on social media is bitching about how it's not bright green or how it doesn't have a huge North Star on it.

The whining about losing the North Stars is quite possibly the most annoying thing about being a Wild fan. Worse than bitching about not having enough Minnesotans or bitching about too many "soft Europeans" or bitching about how the Blackhawks get too much attention.

If anything ever forces me to leave this area it's going to be the constant reminders and whining about a franchise that left almost 30 years ago.

Cosmic Queso!

I will nominate myself to be Calamari's champion.

It's on. I don't have avatars ready. I'll take suggestions.

Temecula has good wine

Alright smackcracklenarooooo lets make this happen!

2 weeks. Avatar selections to come shortly.

I have no faith in the coyotes getting 2 in a row, but hoping the ducks back to back will make their wings sad and tired.

It's on quackGAF

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
If the Preds somehow get shut out by the Sabres, it'll be the first time that a team's suffered 4 straight shutout losses since the 1928-29 Blackhawks. (The 1967-68 Oakland Seals suffered 4 straight shutouts, but one was a 0-0 tie.)

New NHL.com article today talks about the Selke Trophy early candidates
Wild's Koivu making early case for Selke Trophy

A quarter of the way through the season there have been many surprises, whether it has been players or teams. One of those surprises is center Mikko Koivu of the Minnesota Wild, who is the pick to win the Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward.

When analyzing advanced stats, which play a big factor in determining the Selke Trophy finalists and winner, Koivu has excelled. He ranks seventh in shot attempts percentage at 5-on-5 (SAT%) at 58.94, and is tied for first in SAT Relative, a ratio of on-ice SAT% vs. off-ice SAT% (13.6). Koivu has won 54.6 percent of his faceoffs (253 of 463) and has been equally as impressive in defensive-zone faceoffs. He's taken 141 defensive-zone faceoffs and has won 51.8 percent.

His SAT percentage in close games (tied or one-goal difference) is 63.05 (second among forwards) and in tie games he ranks first (65.17).

Koivu, 32, is having a great season offensively and defensively. In addition to having four goals and 18 points in 19 games, he's only taken two minor penalties and is a staple on the penalty kill (1:12 of shorthanded ice time per game). He leads Wild forwards in total ice time (387:06) and ice time per game (20:22), and is second in points.

His rankings near the top in all important categories are why Koivu is the favorite to win the Selke a quarter of the way through the season.

Finalists:
Anze Kopitar
Max Pacioretty

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hahahaha @ Sir Bat's new thread. Epitome of narcissism.

The meaning of life is getting wasted every night at your local walking distance bar and talking about public transportation with your other permanently single friends. And then asking the State to please pay to keep you alive in your twilight years since nobody else is interested by that point in your life.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hahahaha @ Sir Bat's new thread. Epitome of narcissism.

The meaning of life is getting wasted every night at your local walking distance bar and talking about public transportation with your other permanently single friends. And then asking the State to please pay to keep you alive in your twilight years since nobody else is interested by that point in your life.

Link?

imBask

Banned
there's a gap between "being a low life single person who spends his night wasted at a bar" and "being a parent who's only passion is his child and won't talk about anything else"

i'll try to walk that not-so-fine line for the rest of my life. Although I agree with Tabris, kids are the worst, get a dog

Curufinwe

http://www.nhltraderumors.me/2015/11/monster-trade-rumor-out-of-philadelphia_24.html

TSN Hockey Insider, Darren Dreger, said Schenn is being shopped and teams are interested.

Now I can confirm per very trusted sources the St. Louis Blues, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Calgary Flames have all expressed serious interest in Brayden Schenn and would be looking to acquire him in the near future. The asking price for Brayden Schenn is around a top 9 forward, a prospect, and a draft pick.

imBask

Banned
http://www.nhltraderumors.me/2015/11/monster-trade-rumor-out-of-philadelphia_24.html

TSN Hockey Insider, Darren Dreger, said Schenn is being shopped and teams are interested.

Now I can confirm per very trusted sources the St. Louis Blues, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Calgary Flames have all expressed serious interest in Brayden Schenn and would be looking to acquire him in the near future. The asking price for Brayden Schenn is around a top 9 forward, a prospect, and a draft pick.
Monster Trade Rumor Out of Philadelphia

The Philadelphia Flyers have a plethora of centers - Claude Giroux, Sean Couturier, Scott Laughton, Brayden Schenn, and the rest. Schenn is the odd man out and the Flyers are looking to trade him.

:lol at that headline

"MONSTER TRADE!!!!11!1! Flyers are about to trade the one center other teams wouldn't want from the Flyers!!"

Curufinwe

BSchenn has more value than Laughton. But it seems like Hextall is ready to move on from him.

It will be funny if Brayden gets moved before Luke.

Cake Boss

Banned

Hahaha of course. Always on middling 3rd liners hoping to be a top 6 forward.

Never in on top 4 dman.

I hung out with some relatives and their kids. Tried to persuade me into buying them GTA V. They're 7 and 11. If you combined their ages, totally okay! I didn't buy it. Got Forza 4 for them instead and espoused the virtues of PS4 where greatness awaits. Or at least an Xbox one where they're not stuck with a now limited library.

Some kids makes you hate them, some kids can make you love them. If I ever got a kid, I'll try to be a good parent.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My best friends who have kids have a good balance talking about there kids.

Edit: Tabris also sounds like a terrible friend to have.

Top Bottom