• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

You forgot someone

rWGhk2Y.png

Foggy

Dreger also reporting that Jarmo is fielding offers for Johansen still. Not actively shopping him, but not turning anyone away. I'm ready and willing to vomit uncontrollably if they lose Johansen. All the vomit.

Cake Boss

Banned
Please stop talking about the kid that your semen developed with another willing female. Lets talk about my dirty semen sheets in a hotel where I paid someone to sex me up, and she still didn't let me finish inside of her.

Samyy

Dreger also reporting that Jarmo is fielding offers for Johansen still. Not actively shopping him, but not turning anyone away. I'm ready and willing to vomit uncontrollably if they lose Johansen. All the vomit.

I wonder if Montreal would be interested, I feel like they probably should be

imBask

Banned

I think most of our fans would probably say no because or Galchenyuk's hypothetical """""""""potential"""""""", Habs fans loooooove their potential! Eller's been in the league for 7 years now and people still believe he's about to explode!

I would take him any day of the week

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Torts gonna fuck up another team's season. Poor BJs...

Johansen 4th line C? We'll give you Brown, Bozak, and a third.
<_<
>_>

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I thought about this when the rumour first came up, but I don't see Therrien getting along with him and it's pretty obvious Therrien is sticking around. Our need for a winger is much stronger at this point.

I think most of our fans would probably say no because or Galchenyuk's hypothetical """""""""potential"""""""", Habs fans loooooove their potential! Eller's been in the league for 7 years now and people still believe he's about to explode!

I would take him any day of the week
Johansen is 23 while Galchenyuk is 21 and just started playing center because Therrien has felt the need to babysit him for 3 years.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Nashville is now Anaheim with their inability to score.

Really, they should try a trade with the Oilers. Defence for some offence. Seems like both teams wound benefit.

Red_Man

Emelin in for Pateryn tonight =/

Although Therrien won't say if he's playing with Petry, he's been very high on Beaulieu - Petry, so hopefully they remain a pairing from now on.

imBask

Banned
I thought about this when the rumour first came up, but I don't see Therrien getting along with him and it's pretty obvious Therrien is sticking around. Our need for a winger is much stronger at this point.

Johansen is 23 while Galchenyuk is 21 and just started playing center because Therrien has felt the need to babysit him for 3 years.

Therrien is partially to blame, i'd never argue against that, but Galchenyuk had some chances in the past and blew it. I don't think Galchenyuk will ever be as good as Johansen, I just don't see it

then again if I get quoted on that in 3 years when Galchenyuk scores 35 goals, then i'll be a fan of his, but as of right now and from what i've seen + the fact that the window is opening right now, i'll take a Johansen who's ready over Galchenyuk

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Man that "Switzerland bans Niqab and Burka" thread is full of misinformation because the original article is a terrible UK source. we're racist but not THAT racist, c'mon!

Therrien is partially to blame, i'd never argue against that, but Galchenyuk had some chances in the past and blew it. I don't think Galchenyuk will ever be as good as Johansen, I just don't see it

then again if I get quoted on that in 3 years when Galchenyuk scores 35 goals, then i'll be a fan of his, but as of right now and from what i've seen + the fact that the window is opening right now, i'll take a Johansen who's ready over Galchenyuk

Look I know you hate Galchenyuk with a burning passion. But Jesus Christ give him a chance here. He was on the Left Wing for few years now. I don't think Therrien or Galchenyuk are on bad terms with each other. I believe he's one of those guys that needs more time. He's only 21 FFS. He's not like the fucking frauds that were the Kostitsyn brothers.

Red_Man

He's definitely behind where a lot of people including myself expected, but you can't ignore the fact he missed his entire draft year and started playing in the NHL at 18. Doesn't help that he's playing like 12 minutes a night this season, he's getting less minutes than last season. It's ridiculous, other teams play 18-19 year old kids more than he'll play Galchenyuk.

I have a hard time imagining Galchenyuk not having surpassed Johansens play now when he's 23.

imBask

Banned
Look I know you hate Galchenyuk with a burning passion. But Jesus Christ give him a chance here. He was on the Left Wing for few years now. I don't think Therrien or Galchenyuk are on bad terms with each other. I believe he's one of those guys that needs more time. He's only 21 FFS. He's not like the fucking frauds that were the Kostitsyn brothers.

He's definitely behind where a lot of people including myself expected, but you can't ignore the fact he missed his entire draft year and started playing in the NHL at 18. Doesn't help that he's playing like 12 minutes a night this season, he's getting less minutes than last season. It's ridiculous, other teams play 18-19 year old kids more than he'll play Galchenyuk.

I have a hard time imagining Galchenyuk not having surpassed Johansens play now when he's 23.

oh man, Galchenyuk is my favorite player if you wanna compare it to my burning hatred for Andrei Kostistyn

Whenever I see someone mentionning that we should give him another chance I burst into flame and I start to vomit profusely, now THAT was the definition of a fucking lazyass locker room cancer piece of garbage, fuck this guy forever

Galchenyuk will be fine, but only as a 3rd line center, or 2nd if we're lucky. The expectations were #1 center and I don't see him hitting that target ever. He just needs to step up his confidence game, you can't stop playing everytime you have a bad shift

we're all gonna make it brah

Syrinx

Damn Nashville is now Anaheim with their inability to score.

Really, they should try a trade with the Oilers. Defence for some offence. Seems like both teams wound benefit.
Elliotte Friedman specifically invoked Nashville when talking about potential Eric Staal destinations, though it was pretty much just pure speculation on his part.

Plus I'm not too familiar with these Canadian hockey insider guys except Bob McKenzie I guess, but most seem to be viewed generally negatively around these parts and I don't know if Friedman is an exception.

zroid

Banned
Elliotte Friedman specifically invoked Nashville when talking about potential Eric Staal destinations, though it was pretty much just pure speculation on his part.

Plus I'm not too familiar with these Canadian hockey insider guys except Bob McKenzie I guess, but most seem to be viewed generally negatively around these parts and I don't know if Friedman is an exception.
Friedman and McKenzie are two good ones

everyone else is ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Yawnier

Banned

Elliotte Friedman sometimes asks stupid questions during interviews and such but other than that he is a pretty good insider. Also, Pierre Lebrun isn't bad either.

Insiders like Damien Cox, John Shannon, Nick Kypreos, etc. tend to be mehhhh.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Eric Staal isn't going to help their offensive problems and that's a HUGE cap hit to take.

Steve Simmons, Howard Berger, and Damien Cox are the best hockey writers in the business.
;)

Red_Man

Since Bergevin took over:

Only eight players who were on the 2011-12 roster are still with the Canadiens: goalie Carey Price, defencemen Andrei Markov, P.K. Subban and Emelin, and forwards Plekanec, Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Lars Eller.

Quick

Banned
Elliotte Friedman definitely asks stupid questions, but he doesn't seem malicious about it, and he rounds out his points well. He's also good with breaking news.

Bob McKenzie's the standard insiders should model themselves after. He's been mostly an in-studio panelist, so he doesn't get to interview people too much. Any speculations he makes, he makes sure to indicate as such and to have a base for it, rather than going full blown Steve Simmons in straight up bullshitting.

Pierre LeBrun is like McKenzie-lite to me. Anything he brings up is usually very substantial.

Two out of three of these guys are on TSN. How about that. Friedman is one of the few shining lights of Sportsnet's hockey coverage.

Nick Kypreos isn't bad at breaking news or deals, but he's just a shit panelist and has generally shitty opinions.

Damien Cox is just shit all around. Sportsnet really scored one here.

Steve Simmons is hot shit thrown into a garbage bag left to stew in the sun, then opened up for everyone to smell. He works for TSN, unfortunately.

Tabris

Tabris is definitely a parody account. A really bad parody account.

I really don't understand this. These are just my thoughts and opinions.

Also it's online, I don't need to use tact. Why should I filter my inner thoughts? That's the best thing about being able to post in a forum like this, I don't need to do that, I can just post exactly what I think without filtering or padding it.

And finally, if there was a parody account - it would be one that was here for over a decade (I started posting on old GAF), and also people respond to my thoughts and opinions a lot - so that would mean I was a highly successful parody account.

The real answer is my opinions and thoughts are just highly debatable so they create threads like that. If a lot of parents weren't boring, weren't defensive about being boring, and other people didn't think they were boring - that thread would have little replies.

Top Bottom