• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Silexx

Well, I just got the Smash Bros + Splatoon Wii U bundle for Black Friday. Guess I'm now officially joining the current gen.

Curufinwe

Flyers officially call up Nick Cousins and sent Taylor Leier back down.

latest

imBask

Banned
I got the 8gb white WiiU on launch and it's been a struggle forever, every update means the console is now full, it just adds to the poor experience i've had with the WiiU

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I got the 8gb white WiiU on launch and it's been a struggle forever, every update means the console is now full, it just adds to the poor experience i've had with the WiiU

Just get an external hard drive.

I've got an Xbox One and I still have to delete games from the hard drive that I own on disc. Yeah it's got a 500GB drive, but a lot of these games are nearly 50GB themselves, it's stupid as hell.

imBask

Banned

I've got an Xbox One and I still have to delete games from the hard drive that I own on disc. Yeah it's got a 500GB drive, but a lot of these games are nearly 50GB themselves, it's stupid as hell.

at this point it's too late, i'm not spending another dollar on that piece of garbage

not only do you need an external hard drive, you need a powered one because the wii u uses weak USB ports, so there goes another outlet as well. Not only that, but the account management on the wii u is still shit and digital games are tied to the system instead of an account.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
not only do you need an external hard drive, you need a powered one because the wii u uses weak USB ports, so there goes another outlet as well. Not only that, but the account management on the wii u is still shit and digital games are tied to the system instead of an account.

That's all true, but at least I have the option of buying and playing as many disc-based games as I want.

Silexx

Damn it.

I was hoping it would be the discs. I'm on the fence on everything being digital. If there is a Physical Copy, I'll buy it if not i'll buy it digitally.

I'm at the point where I'm preferring digital over physical. I don't want all my (physical) storage space to be taken up boxes full of games.

imBask

Banned
I think you have to write stuff a certain way on the package, and stick a specific amount of stickers on a corner

I don't know, traditionnal post is silly

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The way you do it is you lick a ton of stamps, place them on your forehead and dive head first into a mailbox

It's been so cold here that I've had to scrape my car windows spray wiper fluid on the windshield in the morning. FFS weather.

edit: simon was too fast !!!

Calamari41

41 > 38

Or you can use a Y-cable. And the games are account based, not system based. Do you guys think it's still 2012?

Calamari41

41 > 38
The USB drives aren't reliably powerful enough. Had external drives constantly fail on me during random moments with Y cable drives.

That's interesting, I've had the same one since launch day and it's going strong. I'll have to look up which specific drive it is.

zroid

Banned
The external hard drive I'm using with my Wii U is actually the same one that was in my old 2008 PS3 which died a couple years ago, lol (80GB)

I just stuck it inside a cheap enclosure and it's been perfect :3

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Semin and Price being injured on Wednesday continues a weird trend of players getting inexplicably injured against the Rangers this season. It seems like it happens every other game, and half the time it's not even clear when or how it happened. Are we secretly the dirtiest team in the NHL? :D

Anyway, as for today (yes, there is a game in an hour from now), it's good to see AV agrees with me. Stalberg out for Etem, Boyle out for McIlrath.

Lundqvist starts today while Raanta is in net tomorrow afternoon against the Flyers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers are 161-1-9 over their last 171 games in which they lead after two periods.

That 1? Against the Bruins on Black Friday two years ago.

Line_HTX

Hello there. This is my first time posting in here that's not in the Finals. Hope y'all enjoyed y'all's Thanksgiving. I got some time to kill before going out to buy a couple of things for Black Friday.

I'm thankful that NBC does a lot for my hockey viewing, even if it's just the occaisional casual viewing. I'm watching this game because they promoted it last night in the Bears/Packers game.

The Rangers are 161-1-9 over their last 171 games in which they lead after two periods.

That 1? Against the Bruins on Black Friday two years ago.

LOL, what a coincidence at that one regulation loss.

I don't know shit about the Rangers except Lundquist, but I'm more familiar with Chara and Kampfer on the Bruins if that counts... :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure why AV didn't challenge on that Bruins goal. Had a pretty good chance of overturning it.

Gotta stockpile those timeouts, I guess.

Line_HTX

Not sure why AV didn't challenge on that Bruins goal. Had a pretty good chance of overturning it.

Gotta stockpile those timeouts, I guess.

How many do you get? Because sometimes I notice in 3rd periods if there's something that needs to be drawn up a team will use one or if things are out of control early on. I don't think I've seen a team use multiple timeouts.

Top Bottom