• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs lines vs #NHLJets
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Flynn
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise
Byron - Mitchell - DSP

Now this is worse.

Flynn shouldn't even be in the NHL.

Can we call up Andrighetto?

RevoDS

I like how you can always tell ahead of time when Price is injured...when he becomes merely human, he's injured. Happened in the playoffs last season, and now the last 2 games were pretty good signs.

Pikma

Banned
Haven't mentioned it before but I'm really liking Nichushkin right now, dude has been improving a lot in the last few games, he hasn't scored yet but I feel like it's just a matter of time since the chances have clrealy been there.
Awesome! I might be heading to the game this Tuesday.
Oh man that's awesome, have fun!
It'll be pretty interesting to see how we handle that game, it'll be our first back to back, I guess whichever team gets to face Lehtonen will luck out and get 2 free points

I like how you can always tell ahead of time when Price is injured...when he becomes merely human, he's injured. Happened in the playoffs last season, and now the last 2 games were pretty good signs.

I knew there was something strange about his performance in Edmonton. I wonder how he got injured.

RevoDS

Six of the top 8 teams in the West are in the central.

Fuck this.
Same deal in the East though, or nearly so. Habs aside, the Atlantic is really fucking weak right now compared to the Metro division.

Last year the Atlantic had the Lightning, but they're shitting the bed, so...

Quick

Banned
Still feeling that Phantom Phil after the shutout last night.

The Leafs need better goaltending and another scoring forward to back up Kadri and JVR. They're the only real scoring threats at our forward position right now, and they're not doing much scoring.

Pikma

Banned
Also, the Gulls are 6-1-0 now!!!!!!!

Looking better than the Habs and without Price. A better team overall if you ask me

zroid

Banned

The Leafs need better goaltending and another scoring forward to back up Kadri and JVR. They're the only real scoring threats at our forward position right now, and they're not doing much scoring.

Well, uh, they could call up Nyla----

NO! PATIENCE! MATTHEWS!

Pikma

Banned

I'd offer you Lehtonen but you guys don't deserve more pain.

Quick

Banned
Well, uh, they could call up Nyla----

NO! PATIENCE! MATTHEWS!

Basically, this.

But I think one of the big things that needs to be addressed this year is goaltending. Either this season or during the off-season. The goalie tandems have been dragged out for too long.

Leafs goalie tandems since 2005-06

Belfour/Tellqvist
Raycroft/Tellqvsit/Aubin
Toskala/Raycroft
Toskala/Joseph
Toskala/Gustavsson
Giguere/Gustavsson
Gustavsson/Reimer/Scrivens
Reimer/Scrivens
Bernier/Reimer

Erdrick

I'd really love to watch the Jets game tonight but I'll have to monitor it via my phone since I have to work this evening. The fact that Price isn't playing gives me some hope that the Jets could pull off a win, but we'll have to wait and see, since Condon has looked good as well.

I... Really have no complaints about the Jets play so far this year. Each game that has gone by, makes our GM look like some kind of genius. How he has molded this team into one of the most solid and exciting ones to watch in the whole NHL. Especially our line with Ehlers-Scheifele-Perrault... So awesome to see those kids play.

One thing is for sure, we've come a long way from that first game some 5 years ago against the Habs.

Edit: WTF is this redirect that I keep getting on my phone? I got it as soon as I posted this message, originally. Some Cellphone ad? I know I'm not the only one who has gotten this, based on some threads about it in the OT. It's very intrusive and annoying. Are any of the higher ups at NEOGAF going to address this?

zroid

Banned
If anyone is looking for a bit of optimism about Bernier right now, there is this: he currently leads the league in High Danger Save% (.9143).

it's a really small sample, but it is a fact. I should add that he historically has not fared that well against high danger shots so, like I said, small sample.

Anyway, what this means is he's been making the tougher saves but letting in a lot of bad goals which is killing his stats. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to make those saves, as bad goals are usually more indicative of flukeyness than anything else.

Quick

Banned
http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/869649?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Just reminding me that a piece of shit like Simmons can fabricate a news story and have no repercussions for it while it probably sticks with Phil for years.

Not only that, but you have people that seem to have eaten up what he's said (along with the rest of the media):

Letang's upset that Kessel didn't get a tribute at the ACC? Fuck that.

Kessel wasn't a class act here, was supposedly the leader of the group who decided to stop saluting the fans, didn't accomplish much here, etc.

He wasn't a captain who rallied the team, a class act who gave his all every night like Sundin or Gimour...

Fucking triggered me hard.

Not only that, but you have people that seem to have eaten up what he's said (along with the rest of the media):

Fucking triggered me hard.

That whole thing read like Simmons wrote it. It just seems so odd that the players and (some) of the media have two completely different viewpoints on one person.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
UGH

I'm swamped writing my thesis

I have to write like 50 pages in the next 2.5 weeks, then make up a presentation and defend it second week of december

at the same time I have to find a job so I can actually not be unemployed and bored to death in January

and guess whose roommate just gave him a 30-day eviction notice

this fucking guy

I don't have time for this shit

UGH

Great OT.

McCann and Virtanen made the team!

woo! McCann is leading the team in points, thank god he's staying. And Virtanen would've murdered someone in Juniors if he'd gotten sent down just by bumping into them, so... good too.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
UGH

I have to write like 50 pages in the next 2.5 weeks, then make up a presentation and defend it second week of december

at the same time I have to find a job so I can actually not be unemployed and bored to death in January

this fucking guy

UGH
Rewind time and save Kate. All your trouble will be gone :) Save Kate, save the world !

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
When it rains it pours. Hope you land on your feet smiley. Been going through similar stuff though not as serious as that.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
UGH

this fucking guy

UGH

:(

Hope it works out. Good luck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Price injured, you say?

V5dvEcf.png

Top Bottom