• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

iLLmAtlc

Can we all just agree that the best game ever made was a game that was made once before and people enjoyed it and it came out.

image.php

go back to yoda and dream of a world where women have no rights, will ya?

Real talk: LiS is a total non game and it has a bunch of stupid shit to stretch the game out, what's worse is none of your choices have weight because you can just rewind, and then he odd time when you can't rewind you have to be flawless to not get the "bad" outcome, it's so dumb.

HUH

Are you serious?

Not at all surprised you blacked it out

Quick

Banned
So players apparently quit on an OHL club due to the fact the owner fired the coaching staff after a game.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...ebirds-coaching-staff-fired-immediately-after

I was just reading about this. Man, this is insane.

I respect the solidarity, but I hope this doesn't get to the point of damaging their hockey futures, if anything.

Gonna be interesting to see if it goes all the way to Friday when they're scheduled to play against Sarnia.

Pikma

Banned
Real talk: LiS is a total non game and it has a bunch of stupid shit to stretch the game out, what's worse is none of your choices have weight because you can just rewind, and then he odd time when you can't rewind you have to be flawless to not get the "bad" outcome, it's so dumb.

Not at all surprised you blacked it out
I think you missed this part
I'd add Splatoon, but yeah, Life is Strange will be my GOTY no matter what
Won't say a word about what you think of the game because that'd be pretty damn pointless, it's your opinion after all.

Pikma

Banned
You missed the part where I questioned if it was even a game
You missed the part where I expressed my opinion, and to me LiS is a videogame, just like any other piece software found under the "GAMES" tab. Having said that, I have zero interest in discussing the universal meaning of a word.

But if it bothers you that much
Life Is Strange is my Non-Game Of The Year
There you go.

You missed the part where I expressed my opinion, and to me LiS is a videogame, just like any other piece software found under the "GAMES" tab. Having said that, I have zero interest in discussing the universal meaning of a word.

But if it bothers you that much

There you go.

I'm not sure how the opinion card even applies, I mean I get it, it's your GOTY, that's cool. I'm just telling you why I think it isn't. I haven't even seen you defend it out side of playing the opinion card

Pikma

Banned
I'm not sure how the opinion card even applies, I mean I get it, it's your GOTY, that's cool. I'm just telling you why I think it isn't. I haven't even seen you defend it out side of playing the opinion card
Because I don't want to defend it? It's ok if you don't like it, and it's ok if you don't think it's a game, not gonna argue about that.

oh god, see, that's why I didn't want to take this any further. There is nothing to discuss here.

It's subjective, but certainly a game like uncharted fits the adventure bill much better. I don't consider it an adventure game, although it owes itself to the genre, it's not got enough game to be considered that. It had more in common with a David cage game which is barely an adventure game.

I see what you are saying in terms of old Sierra games etc.. But it's not an adventure game by today's standards.

I even took 4 zzzquil and im still wide awake.

How much sleep do you get on average? I sleep like 5-6 hours per day and I feel like I feel I'm an insomniac, even though that's pretty far from the truth.

I would try and get some ambien, I've had friends who sleep half as much as me and that's helped them to get to 5-7 hours a day.

trifelife

You missed the part where I questioned if it was even a game

I get the "interactive drama" genre I just don't think a story alone is compelling enough to justify a GOTY tag.

Of fucking course it's a game. Limited interaction hurr durr walking simulator - I thought we got over this dumbass attitude in 2013.

I'd rather listen to 9/11 truthers at this point.

Stasis

Fuck insomnia. Ive gotten like 2 hours of sleep since friday afternoon.

I know those feels man. Not usually as intense as you right now, but it does happen.

I'll get around 6 hours every 36 for a week or more and then crash and get a solid 12. Rinse and repeat. I've been up all night after one of those good sleeps, so my cycle is ruined too. Will take a while before I can cycle back to "normal".

Not many pills do anything for me when I'm into it either. The ones that do just knock me the fuck out forever and I feel groggy for half the day after I wake up.

Cake Boss

Banned
Who already stopped giving a shit about their fantasy hockey teams. The last time I checked I believe I was 2nd.

The daily micromanagement that you have to do is what kills me.

Who already stopped giving a shit about their fantasy hockey teams. The last time I checked I believe I was 2nd.

It takes like 5 minutes. Which is hardly anything at all.

But I say this as a student, where I have 10-15 minutes of downtime to do anything several times a day between classes.

Mine limits transactions to 3 a week, so no daily management since you just run out of moves. I just start my lineup for the week at the start then if I hear about an injury I'll jump in to make the swaps.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Bloodborne easily for me.

I'm a diehard Miyazaki/FromSoft fan, but I am shocked right now to find myself considering putting Yoshi's Wooly World above Bloodborne in GotY ranking.

Because I don't want to defend it? It's ok if you don't like it, and it's ok if you don't think it's a game, not gonna argue about that.

Well, that's not very interesting.

LOL

Pikma, you OWE Terrordactyl a conversation!

Marvie_3

Banned
How much sleep do you get on average? I sleep like 5-6 hours per day and I feel like I feel I'm an insomniac, even though that's pretty far from the truth.

I would try and get some ambien, I've had friends who sleep half as much as me and that's helped them to get to 5-7 hours a day.

6 hours on a "normal" night, which is fine. It's enough for me to function normally all day. Then sometimes I barely sleep for a few days. I know I'm gonna crash the second Fallout shows up in the mail tomorrow. :lol :(

CALAMARI

Today is the day.

Coyotes. Ducks.

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR QUACKER IS.

Let's make an avatar bet.

Ducks win, I use your selection of avatar for 2 weeks. If the Coyotes win, you go with your choice of 1 of the following for 2 weeks:

VRudYkt.jpg
3Rio9lp.jpg
nwywhdT.jpg

Real talk: LiS is a total non game

Oh ffs.

Calamari41

41 > 38
CALAMARI

Today is the day.

Coyotes. Ducks.

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR QUACKER IS.

Let's make an avatar bet.

Ducks win, I use your selection of avatar for 2 weeks. If the Coyotes win, you go with your choice of 1 of the following for 2 weeks:

VRudYkt.jpg
3Rio9lp.jpg
nwywhdT.jpg

Oh shit.

You're on!
And I'm fucked

The 2015-16 Stanley Cup Champs are going down tonight, but just in case they don't, I'll have a suitably embarrassing avatar ready for you.

Though I might have to contract out Quick's services for this one...

Quick, buddy, do you have any ideas for a Quebec Coyotes avatar?

imBask

Banned
Oh shit.

You're on!
And I'm fucked

The 2015-16 Stanley Cup Champs are going down tonight, but just in case they don't, I'll have a suitably embarrassing avatar ready for you.

CYfKZiMa_400x400.jpeg

that is one ugly google search

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh shit.

You're on!
And I'm fucked

Just shrink this down and pretend its a coyote:

wolf.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
CYfKZiMa_400x400.jpeg

that is one ugly google search

This is good. A small, clean version would be the perfect avatar for our dear friend CosmicQueso to choke on until he accidentally throws up and we have to reshoot the deepthroat scene.

Edit: so is Marvie's. Got some good options to go with here already.

Top Bottom