• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Can't imagine that the Avs would trade Duchene/Varly unless someone wanted to wildly overpay which wouldn't make any sense so it seems moot.

Iggy I can see getting traded but just in the "here, go try to get a cup" sense.

I could see Varlamov being traded with how he's playing. Especially with Picks waiting.

Parch

Another here bet on sports frequently?
I used to. I had better success at hockey than baseball, but ultimately it was a struggle to break even. There are scheduling quirks that you can take advantage of, but it's really hard to make significant money betting on hockey. I gave up trying.

CTflbYwVAAEotBD.jpg

Sadly this season, this is closer to the truth than we want to admit.

Pikma

Banned
You follow any kind of source or guide, or just go on your own intuition?
I follow the lines a lot, even on days I don't play. At first none of it makes sense and you'll hardly get anything out of it but once you learn to "read" them they're ridiculously useful. I tend not to go with intuition since I consider that to be lazy and also the easiest way to lose money, maybe once in a while just for fun but definitely not regularly.

Have you been doing it for a while or are you just starting?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I used to do soccer bettings back home and I just followed intuition

I used to. I had better success at hockey than baseball, but ultimately it was a struggle to break even. There are scheduling quirks that you can take advantage of, but it's really hard to make significant money betting on hockey. I gave up trying.

I follow the lines a lot, even on days I don't play. At first none of it makes sense and you'll hardly get anything out of it but once you learn to "read" them they're ridiculously useful. I tend not to go with intuition since I consider that to be lazy and also the easiest way to lose money, maybe once in a while just for fun but definitely not regularly.

Have you been doing it for a while or are you just starting?

I've started betting more and more the past few weeks on hockey, it's gone really well but there's still some bets I don't feel I know enough to make.

Pikma

Banned
Yeah it's really hard but it's possible! :p
I've started betting more and more the past few weeks on hockey, it's gone really well but there's still some bets I don't feel I know enough to make.
For example?

Red_Man

For example?
Mostly betting on Western teams, just because I don't get to watch them as often. I stick to the lines mostly as you said, then there's odd bets I'll make against the line if I feel there's a good chance of it going that way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh forgot to mention before, in addition to setting the new franchise record for saves tonight, Henrik Lundqvist also set a new franchise record for games played by a goaltender.

Busy night for Hank.

Pikma

Banned
Mostly betting on Western teams, just because I don't get to watch them as often. I stick to the lines mostly as you said, then there's odd bets I'll make against the line if I feel there's a good chance of it going that way.
What I do when I don't feel like I know enough of one or both teams is just skip it, I think that's the smartest choice in those scenarios, and maybe start following them so I have more info in hand next time. But yeah sometimes shit ends up going to whatever way, I still haven't found a way to counter that :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
we're well on our way to go 0-6 in 3on3 OT

whyyyyyyyyyy

JESUS CHRIST MARKSTROM WHAT ARE YOU DOING

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hurricanes are now 0-for-6 on the power play tonight.

And that's with us scratching one of our best PKers in Dom Moore.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
HONEY BADGER WITH HIS THIRD POINT

TIED AT 3

READY FOR A 3ON3 LOSS IN OT

johnson throwing his hands in the air like "damn i'm bad"

Red_Man

What I do when I don't feel like I know enough of one or both teams is just skip it, I think that's the smartest choice in those scenarios, and maybe start following them so I have more info in hand next time. But yeah sometimes shit ends up going to whatever way, I still haven't found a way to counter that :lol
Yea, I don't place a bet unless I feel pretty good about it. Do you usually just go with the favourites and try and add up the smaller wins?

Top Bottom