• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Nazem!!!

I didn't even realize OT had started. I looked up from my phone just as he went in and scored.

It was nice to see the Leafs get the W against the Oilers, and to see Kadri start to break out. He could end up being a big piece here.

zroid

Banned
I'm scared to check the fancystat charts for this game because I know it's gonna look brutal for us

too much damn dump-in and chip-and-chase

waiting for don cherry's hot take on HNIC

andersen was pretty good considering the amount of shots!

1297405803524_ORIGINAL.jpg

imBask

Banned
"lol oilers medias are so stupiOMG WE WON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE CUP IS OURS LOL 2 EZ MARNERDAGAWD OMG AUSTON MATTHEWS UNLOAD IT ALL ON ME"

Foggy

Werenski chilling with 1 point per game as a rookie defenseman. Good American kid doing good American kid things.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm if any Leafs-Agers want to feel better about the lopsided shot differential, Toronto actually led in score adjusted xG. It's probably because the Oilers had so many shots from the blue-line hit the target

Meanwhile Matthews was piling up point blank chances, which I should again remind you does happen to defences other than the Leafs. None of them led to goals, interestingly enough! That also happens!

bozak had a 13.3% CF
that line is getting hosed defensively. When a 19 year old is the best two way forward on your line you've got problems.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
that line is getting hosed defensively. When a 19 year old is the best two way forward on your line you've got problems.

we shouldn't be surprised tho

after JVR/Bozak were -33 and -34 in 2014-15, respectively.

it's because of their shit play we got marner lol

Erdrick

C'mon Jets. Nice to tie it, but complete the comeback and win!

Edit: I cursed them with this post. Arrrgh

Silexx

So Anderson is still bailing us out, I see. We are so fucked if he has to take any extended time off (which would nonetheless be understandable, given the circumstances).

calder

C'mon Jets. Nice to tie it, but complete the comeback and win!

Edit: I cursed them with this post. Arrrgh

I literally messaged my brothers during the timeout "please don't let the caps score with 10 seconds left" and of course the caps score like seconds later. Fucking hell what a devastating loss

calder

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH that sucked holy shit.

Why do we even watch sports? I could just focus on scripted entertainment and probably be happier.

Cake Boss

Banned
So Anderson is still bailing us out, I see. We are so fucked if he has to take any extended time off (which would nonetheless be understandable, given the circumstances).

Not really, he doesn't have to make the highlight reel post to post robbery saves that he has been making here since he arrived in Ottawa, we haven't been giving away as many high danger scoring chances as we have the past 5 years, sure we can still do better to limit the shots but I have finally seen a systematic change into the style we are playing and it seems more players are on the same page regarding the defense. Still more work to be done and Anderson has been sharp the past 3 games, but other than that we got sub par goaltending from all our goalie at the start of the year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers are now sitting on a league best +18 goal differential. That is a new franchise record through 10 games in a season for the Rangers. At 40 GF, they are scoring at a league leading pace of 4.00 goals per game (second place is nearly a half a goal per game back at 3.56, the Wild).

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Top Bottom