• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

zroid

Banned
I forgot about that. I wonder what's taking so long. Be honest, you would probably want Cowen over Hunwick right now eh?

you know what I truthfully am not sure about that :lol

but it's irrelevant because Hunwick shouldn't be playing as it is; Cowen showing up would have zero impact on Babcock's usage of Hunwick.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol best players from that 'rebuild' 2011 draft is Pageau and Dzingel.

We got rid of

Zibenejad
Puempel
Noesen
Prince

3 first rounders and 1 2nd rounder.

What a bust of a draft.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hopefully Pumps works out for the Rangers, he seems like a good guy, but unfortunately it didn't and probably never will have worked out for him here. I never noticed him when he was on the ice, which is disappointing because I had high hopes for him.

Quick

Banned

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news...-centennial-classic/c-283939166?tid=277568014

Several elements of the uniform pay homage to the team's past. The words 'Honour, Pride and Courage' stitched into the back of the neck of the sweater, similar to the team's new sweaters, are taken from a famous Conn Smythe quote and represents the values the franchise strives to represent. The horizontal singular band of white across the body of the sweater is reminiscent of the Toronto St. Pats sweater worn from 1922 to 1925, and as a tribute to the franchise's origin, the pants are adorned with a white Toronto Arenas "T."

Kind of like it, though it might take some time for it to grow on me.

Edit: Detroit's jersey:

CxzQ5JzXUAAG5CQ.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Though, I'll say from an AZ perspective, technically the coyotes are a good business driver.

I'd say AZ gets between 10-15 million a year from taxes of the players playing there... and that's excluding anything the coyotes players do in their respective cities and any other additional business from people travelling there for games, etc.

$200 million from a state perspective would be safe in a 10 year timeline... otherwise you will be losing that $200 million if they leave anyways.

A lot of the manufacturing would be done in state so that $200 million essentially returns most of it to AZ.

Financially speaking, it's better to invest instead of letting them leave. Though a city shouldn't be giving money for sports facilities... glendale,,. Arizona directly taxes these peeps and can recover their losses. Glendale couldn't because they have absolutely zero methods to directly recover that money.

Quick

Banned
Though, I'll say from an AZ perspective, technically the coyotes are a good business driver.

I'd say AZ gets between 10-15 million a year from taxes of the players playing there... and that's excluding anything the coyotes players do in their respective cities and any other additional business from people travelling there for games, etc.

$200 million from a state perspective would be safe in a 10 year timeline... otherwise you will be losing that $200 million if they leave anyways.

A lot of the manufacturing would be done in state so that $200 million essentially returns most of it to AZ.

Financially speaking, it's better to invest instead of letting them leave. Though a city shouldn't be giving money for sports facilities... glendale,,. Arizona directly taxes these peeps and can recover their losses. Glendale couldn't because they have absolutely zero methods to directly recover that money.

I don't know if players and team personnel paying taxes is enough by itself to justify keeping the Coyotes in Arizona. Their taxes are already accounted for as residents of the state to begin with, so it's not like their money is adding a float to whatever money AZ gets back in taxes. And should they move, I don't think it makes too big a difference.

As well, the whole issue with the team has always been money, and asking the state/city to pony up to keep them alive. So at this point in time, they appear to be a money pit instead of being a money maker.

Unless I'm reading your post wrong.

For the record: I also don't really mind the Coyotes sticking around in AZ, but that just didn't make sense to me Dopey.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers now have 4 2011 first round draft picks on the active roster.

If your owner is looking to cut back on some costs, we can take Karlsson, too, Ottawa!

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
For StarsGAF: Klingberg will be scratched tonight for missing The Morning Meeting.

Welp, congrats on the win Wild. This fucking team man, this fucking team...

Off-topic: I know there's some folks in here that are good with Photoshop, but I am wondering if there is any graphic artists here as well. There's something I've been wanting to do for a while now and kinda need an artist to help me out a bit. And no, it's nothing major, just a quick personal request is all.

Cake Boss

Banned
Not good man.

All of our forwards except for Turris and Dzingel are sucking hard this season.

It was a stupid trade then and a stupid trade now. This franchise is just stupid all around.

As well, the whole issue with the team has always been money, and asking the state/city to pony up to keep them alive. So at this point in time, they appear to be a money pit instead of being a money maker.

Where they're at, 4 google map inches away from money, sure, they're not.

Likely a different story in Tempe/Scottsdale.

But it's not going to happen, they're not getting $200m of public money, so whatever.

Just move them already to make people get another hobby aside from shitting on the Coyotes.

Also, Tucson captain Craig Cunningham in critical but stable condition. Looks like the docs don't quite know what happened yet. Roadrunners have canceled Tuesday and Wednesday's games.

*Listening to Overdrive*

I don't think the NHL or PA cares about the Leafs - or any other team - keeping guys on the IR, or having unsigned (and otherwise useless) players practice with the team.

Top Bottom