• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Looks at avatar

This fruit is so low hanging it's practically under the dirt.

I get that the Leafs are Canada's most covered team and are usually given favouritism, but there's not the same level of elitism in the vocabulary used around them or the arrogance. Plus, as opposed to what I'd see on Sportsnet Pacific, the Toronto based broadcasts do a good job of talking about all Canadian teams.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd actually like to see the Leafs get into the playoffs so the Habs could play them and re-energize this rivalry again, all our other rivalries are essentially dead at this point.

I just saw Radulov's post goal trolling of Kadri and I'm dying

Socreges

Banned
Pretty sure his former maid was a Nucks fan.
james_rolfe_as_avgn.jpg

"If I hear you say 'Sedinery' one more goddamned time"

The-Maid-La-Nana-movie-image-3.jpg

"Ok Meester Chewie"

AVGN.jpg

"Also I'm out of fresh underwear again"

la-nana-film.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
I'd actually like to see the Leafs get into the playoffs so the Habs could play them and re-energize this rivalry again, all our other rivalries are essentially dead at this point.

I just saw Radulov's post goal trolling of Kadri and I'm dying

I would kill for a leafs-habs playoff series to happen sometime in the next few years

It almost happened in 2014 until the leafs collapsed late in that season (like they do every other year ofc).

zroid

Banned
I'd like all the Canadian teams to get into the playoffs. 2015 was a ton of fun because of the VANvCGY and MTLvOTT series.

Red_Man

I would kill for a leafs-habs playoff series to happen sometime in the next few years

It almost happened in 2014 until the leafs collapsed late in that season (like they do every other year ofc).
This year or the next two years would probably be the most likely with the Leafs being in a bubble position and the Habs should be setting at the top for a first round match up.

This place would explode.

Yawnier

Banned
This year or the next two years would probably be the most likely with the Leafs being in a bubble position and the Habs should be setting at the top for a first round match up.

This place would explode.

Yeah if it doesn't happen in the next 2-3 years then it probably won't happen for a long ass time after that

Dylan Strome got sent down to the OHL.

Probably for the better. He isn't getting any minutes.

Canada could really use him for the WJC this year as well.

ShaneB

I'd like all the Canadian teams to get into the playoffs. 2015 was a ton of fun because of the VANvCGY and MTLvOTT series.

This is why I'd generally like to see all of the Canadian teams doing well.

Foligno the faker..bah. Would've been funny if it was no goal.

Red_Man

Markov has the same amount of points as Karlsson so far. He's been much better this year on that second pairing with Petry, the question is how long he can keep it up going late into the season / playoffs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Today begins a crazy stretch for the Rangers of 8 games in 14 days, including 4 real tough games in a span of about 5 and a half days.

Today vs. Florida
Tomorrow @ Pittsburgh
Wednesday vs. Pittsburgh
Friday (1 pm) @ Philadelphia
Next Sunday vs. Ottawa
Next Tuesday vs. Carolina
Next Thursday @ Buffalo
Next Saturday (1 pm) vs. Carolina

Then finally an extra day off before going to Barclays Center for the first time this year.

This week is going to go a long way towards setting the true pecking order of the Metropolitan Division for the rest of the season going forward.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Puempel on waivers today. Sad, because I had a lot of high hopes for him. But he's just yet another Murray bust.

OTTTAWA REDCOOOCCKKSSS

holy shit the weather in Ottawa for this CFL game right now :lol

And the arena was still rocking, major props to all the folks that made it out(since the roads are pretty bad right now).

Redblacks are proof that there's nothing wrong with Ottawa sports fans, the Sens attendance woes have all to do with fans having to endure season after season of mediocrity and a shitty owner. And the location of the arena doesn't help, TD Place offers so much more for fans(major restaurants, shops and a theater all right next to the arena) than CTC does.

Saw a white away Leafs jersey at Canadian Tire for $130. $10 cheaper than normal, I think. But I abstained.

I want to get one of those with Marner's name, but don't need.

Cake Boss

Banned
Puempel on waivers today. Sad, because I had a lot of high hopes for him. But he's just yet another Murray bust.

And the arena was still rocking, major props to all the folks that made it out(since the roads are pretty bad right now).

Redblacks are proof that there's nothing wrong with Ottawa sports fans, the Sens attendance woes have all to do with fans having to endure season after season of mediocrity and a shitty owner. And the location of the arena doesn't help, TD Place offers so much more for fans(major restaurants, shops and a theater all right next to the arena) than CTC does.

Don't forget a much better fan experience and atmosphere. The times I went to the Redblacks games I couldn't believe this was the conservative government town that's Ottawa. Everyone was drunk, happy, engaged in the game and really loud. As opposed to the sens game where no one stands up, it's quiet as an all white church, and just as dry alcohol wise cuz it's expensive as fuck.

ShaneB

Football is also a sport where you can cheer every single play, and are encouraged to go absolutely crazy when your team is on defence.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Vesey-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Pirri-Jooris-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Klein

Lundqvist

Jonogunn

I've explained my hatred for the Canucks, though.

I can't stand how cheap and dirty they are when they play the Leafs, like with Burrows the other night. Also how he would slash Kessel's hands after the whistle.

Don't like their fanbase's elitism/arrogance/the riot.

Sick of how much coverage they've gotten over the last ten years, from media that would always talk like they could do no wrong.

Yeah, I'll look. Thanks.

I have a bunch of old hangars, but don't think any are that thick.

Damn. I feel like we are buddies in another thread but enemies here lol

zroid

Banned
i've fallen way behind in Westworld, feels bad man

with how much time i spend on twitter, i'm walking a dangerous tightrope wrt spoilers

Solo

I see Auston Matthews had an Auston Matthews hattrick last night. 0g 0a 0 fucks given.

That AGally/Radulov magic :eek:

Top Bottom