• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That whole period was dominated by the Rangers until Skjei and Hayes took a couple of really stupid and utterly pointless penalties and gave Florida the chance to take control of things.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just watched my first ever Steve Dangle video and I'll never watch one again. That was actually embarrassing, what do people enjoy about this guy?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well... The Wings are done. Took them 26 years, but they will be missing the playoffs this year. They're down 2-1 to the Flames with 16 left in the 3rd and there is no hope they come back to win. If they lose to Buffalo on Wednesday, they are 100% not making the playoffs. The standings at Thanksgiving are usually where all the teams finish and Detroit will be in last or 2nd to last. They have no goal scoring and their D is terrible. Howard finally has a season of his career and it's being wasted. Guess he'll be good trade bait.

Yawnier

Banned
I just watched my first ever Steve Dangle video and I'll never watch one again. That was actually embarrassing, what do people enjoy about this guy?
I don't watch his videos anymore. His podcast is a lot better whereas he isn't screaming all the time. Though a lot of the stuff he does has a bit of a goofy and comedic slant to it so if you aren't into that, well.....

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

They show his clips on Sportsnet sometimes for some reason, that editing style is so annoying, I didn't know people still did that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing with Zibanejad gone, Hayes moves up to the second line, Lindberg comes in to center the third line, Jooris stays in to center the 4th, and Boo Nieves gets called back to be the 13th forward.

EDIT: Broken fibula, out 6-8 weeks. That's honestly way better than I expected.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't watch his videos anymore. His podcast is a lot better whereas he isn't screaming all the time. Though a lot of the stuff he does has a bit of a goofy and comedic slant to it so if you aren't into that, well.....
It's Dane Cook humour, yelling doesn't make you funny, and the awkward cuts between himself are cringeworthy.

zroid

Banned
It's Dane Cook humour, yelling doesn't make you funny, and the awkward cuts between himself are cringeworthy.

welcome to the youtube generation. I like Steve, he's a good dude, but sometimes his videos are just too much. they're not all like that though, he makes good commentary as well. certainly he's better than the mainstream pundits.

Yawnier

Banned

Yeah like I said I stopped watching his LFR videos a while back since most of them are so similar to each other and there is only so much screaming that one person can take.

His podcast (along with the PDOcast) are the only hockey podcasts that I listen to on a semi-regular basis tho. The yelling is kept to a minimum and it is leaf centric but they do talk about other teams in the league and non-sports topics as well.

zroid

Banned
I was confused as hell about why Edmonton was playing in the Eastern Finals in the CFL so I just looked up the regular season standings.

fucking lol @ the top team from the East being under .500. what a bizarre league.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hah, holy shit. Absolutely did not notice that the first time through. Gotta pay attention with this show.

whaaat that was THE moment of that episode. That was the "uh oh did I just hear that right" moment for me. Absolutely phenominal acting though.

Socreges

Banned
whaaat that was THE moment of that episode. That was the "uh oh did I just hear that right" moment for me. Absolutely phenominal acting though.
I barely remember seeing that scene at all. Must not have been focusing at that moment. But yeah, watching it again, juxtaposed against what he had just said, it's right there.

Quick

Banned
New Bruno Mars and Justice albums are rill gud.

9XiTIaZ.jpg

Pikma

Banned
So I haven't checked the results but going by the lack of celebration gifs, I bet both the Kings and the Panthers won lol

Solo

I haven't watched last nights episode. What happened in the thread?

It was the weakest episode yet. Which is fine, fair enough. But the hypercritical armchair GAF reviewers are tearing the show apart. When just a week ago it was the bees knees.

Just GAF being GAF

I looked at my jerseys again last night, and showed them to my grandparents. I was going to ask them about the necks. But it seems like only one is doing it -- the 2015-2016 Leafs one I got for $40-something. That's the one I'm least worried about, and may actually wear casually.

Las Vegas expansion underscores grim reality for the NHL: Some of its teams just can’t draw fans

On Tuesday, the Las Vegas entry in the National Hockey League will unveil its nickname and logo. It’s expected to be the Las Vegas (Something) Knights, partly because the league vetoed Aces and other such names with a link to gambling, which is silly, since nothing makes one immediately think of gambling more than the words “Las Vegas.”

No doubt it will be an occasion for the expansion franchise to talk up all the good news — the executive team full of familiar hockey names, the robust ticket sales, the expansion draft rules that have been rigged to ensure the Not Aces will be decent off the jump.

None of this is particularly new or unexpected. For years now, the NHL has always had a handful of franchises losing piles of money, with lousy attendance, or with questions about ownership or an arena — and sometimes all of those things at once.

There are still many reasons to be skeptical of Las Vegas as an NHL site, but the biggest question remains this: with so much uncertainty around the bottom end of its 30 markets, why add a 31st?

This article really doesn't seem to want to get that someone eventually had to break through the glass ceiling that is sports teams in Las Vegas. Ever since the NHL announced they would be expanding to LV, we have had the NFL in talks to move the Raiders there, and MLS is mulling an expansion. Las Vegas is very much the last frontier for major North American sports, and NHL was right in trying to lay the first claim to it.

And really, while Arizona and Carolina may be headaches now, the real problem will be the Isles. That is a team that the NHL should do their damndest not to lose.

imBask

Banned
when your team is trying to choose between Hunwick and Cowen, you know you're just one 20 goal scorer away from being cup contenders

Top Bottom