• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

25% off for a Matthews jersey because he's working at 25% of the expectations

so the reason he's busting is because if he was at 100% expectations the jersey would be free. Gotta bring in that licensing money I guess...

should have bought good canadian boy Marner instead smfh

I can get one at IceJerseys for $230 all in, with free shipping and a discount of $30 for using a promo code. But I don't know if I want to spend that much.

Maybe I should wait for when the event is over and they're being cleared out.

you should wait for the discount coupons they send every once in a while. I had a 25% off coupon I used on a Matthews jersey which made it slightly cheaper than buying in store. They send out coupons like a couple times a week.

I think they have a promotion going on now, but the CAD price for a customized jersey with a player name on it is nearly $300 on Shop.NHL.com.

Matthews and Rielly are cheaper, but though I like Rielly a lot, I'd prefer Marner.

Think anywhere will have good Black Friday deals on them?

yyzjohn

Banned
What is Darren Dreger smoking these days? Heard him on the radio this morning saying the year they drafted Marner, Shanahan had gotten on board with the rebuild plan. He mentioned others had mentioned a full rebuild was needed, namely Dave Nonis. LOLwhat? Nonis the guy handing out long term contracts with NMCs to every player out there? Wasn't Nonis pushing to sign Dave Bolland long term? Stop with the propping up of the cousin Dreger.

What is Darren Dreger smoking these days? Heard him on the radio this morning saying the year they drafted Marner, Shanahan had gotten on board with the rebuild plan. He mentioned others had mentioned a full rebuild was needed, namely Dave Nonis. LOLwhat? Nonis the guy handing out long term contracts with NMCs to every player out there? Wasn't Nonis pushing to sign Dave Bolland long term? Stop with the propping up of the cousin Dreger.

I heard this on the radio this morning and my first reaction was "lol fuck off"

also pointing to Panthers Yotes legend Dave Bolland as glue to hold the team together...

Steve Simmons being on maybe made Dreger feel he had to out bullshit him today

The Las Vegas Silver Chariots

LKGFhnA.jpg

That would be awesome.

To play the devils advocate, maybe he did tell the board that and they told him no? Maybe Rogers and Bell wanted to recoup their big investments early? You'd be a fool to ignore what your bosses tell you, even if you think they're wrong.

When they fired Burke they even said they believe in the process just not the guy. I don't know why it's so hard to believe that ownership tied the GMs hands.

To play the devils advocate, maybe he did tell the board that and they told him no? Maybe Rogers and Bell wanted to recoup their big investments early? You'd be a fool to ignore what your bosses tell you, even if you think they're wrong.

When they fired Burke they even said they believe in the process just not the guy. I don't know why it's so hard to believe that ownership tied the GMs hands.

I can dig it. Ownerhsip definitely thought the Leafs were 'close' back then. And thank God Almighty for that. I don't want to imagine what a Nonis/Poulin rebuild would have looked like.

Chad DeDominicis – ‏@C_DeDominicis10

In addition to three #Habs scouts being at #CGYvsBUF one of them is AGM Rick Dudley. Speculate away folks.

Are the Habs after Dougie Hamilton? Or is it someone from Buffalo?

Hmmmmm

I can dig it. Ownerhsip definitely thought the Leafs were 'close' back then. And thank God Almighty for that. I don't want to imagine what a Nonis/Poulin rebuild would have looked like.

The best thing Nonis did was stop the flow of draft picks out the door. That doesn't make him great, but I'd put him as the third worst GM the Leafs had in the last twelve years.

Edit: Forgot about Fletcher. Maybe fourth worst? Horrible realization: Nonis is the second best GM the Leafs have had in the last twelve years. Wow.

Really think that if the Stars just throw out Benn by himself in OT 1v3 they would still win vs the Wild.

4 OTs between last year and this year decided by him. Wild suck so much ass in 3v3.

2-12 if I remember right. That is terrible.

calder

Owner already confirmed it's Silver, Golden or Desert.

Silver seems to be the most likely.

Silver and desert are... fine. Prefer desert but not by much. Gold is kinda lame.

Related note: not so randomly checked flights to Vegas, would be about $300 round trip for a weekend. A week ago during the Jets game they asked the players about the new Vegas team and Buff, of course, instantly mentioned how it might be a nice mid-winter road trip for fans as well. Good thinking big guy!

What Canadian jersey retailers are there?

Icejerseys
National Sports (blech)
SportChek (doesn't seem to have it)
Lids.ca (no customization?)
shop.realsports.ca (seems cheapest with 10% off taking it down to $193 and change. $218 after taxes)
Reebok.ca (not stocked)
shop.nhl.com (crazy prices)

Socreges

Banned
Either way, they'll be known colloquially as the Knights, just like no one really referred to the Ducks as the Mighty Ducks before the name change.

Silver Knights would be shit. 'Silver' before anything always indicates complete crap. Desert Knights would be better.

Luke Schenn must have really fallen on hard times if he's just an extra in this line-up:

http://www.tsn.ca/viva-las-vegas-tsn-hockey-s-early-expansion-team-lineup-1.614039
Sbisa!

Too good to be true. They'll get one of the few vets we actually like.

Quick

Banned

Icejerseys
National Sports (blech)
shop.realsports.ca (seems cheapest with 10% off taking it down to $193 and change. $218 after taxes)
Reebok.ca (not stocked)

You've probably exhausted every mass retail avenue. Look into local independent stores. Though, they probably sell at a bit of a markup.

I'd suggest Icejerseys. I like the fact that nameplates and numbers are stitched on instead of glued and/or use screen-printed "patches" - basically cookie cutter letter and number patches glued on jerseys with a screen-printed stitching and fabric appearance.

I myself might spring for the CCCP or Flin Flon Bombers sweaters in the new year.

GiganticSevereHackee.gif

You've probably exhausted every mass retail avenue. Look into local independent stores. Though, they probably sell at a bit of a markup.

I'd suggest Icejerseys. I like the fact that nameplates and numbers are stitched on instead of glued and/or use screen-printed "patches" - basically cookie cutter letter and number patches glued on jerseys with a screen-printed stitching and fabric appearance.

Realsports is cheaper than IceJerseys, so I think I'd go with them. I almost pulled the trigger, but realized I didn't have enough in PayPal at the moment.

There is only one local jersey store that I know of and they said they don't know what they'll be selling them for as of yet. I got my Canada one there, and had two stitched there. The lady they employ did a really good job.

They have the heat press machine there, then send them out to be stitched.

Chewie, if you want something different, really different: I recommend Ebbets Field Flannels. They just started to sell vintage hockey sweaters (Real sweaters too) and they all look fantastic and are completely authentic. I myself might spring for the CCCP or Flin Flon Bombers sweaters in the new year.

Thanks.

Those are really neat. I don't think I can justify buying any, though.

I shouldn't be buying any more Leafs jerseys, but I know that the Centennial Classic ones will only be around for a short time and honestly really like them. Plus, it's my damned shopping addiction that I've developed to combat my depression.

calder

Icejerseys
National Sports (blech)
Reebok.ca (not stocked)

River City Sports is alright, but I doubt they'll have the centennial sweaters for a while.

There are a few non-NHL sweaters I'd looooove to have.
aea4fddf1236294c002053de836f93ad.jpg

Dynamo_Moscow_12.jpg

I'd get Zhamnov's name and number on a Moscow Dynamo so damn fast.

For current overseas teams, I'd love a Kunlun Red Star cap or something. Even if the team doesn't last a long time it'd be neat.

Top Bottom