• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Move silver arrow to Seattle already

I already lived in Vancouver, I got enough of Seattle.

GiganticSevereHackee.gif

Old school Tretiak jersey? sign me the fuck up son.

The local shop said they'll have them in a week or so, and will likely price 'em at $189.99 ($214 after taxes). That's $4 cheaper, but I'd have to drive forty minutes twice to get one -- once to put a deposit down and once to pick it up after their lady has sewn it.

I almost feel I should go through Real Sports to get an authentically done one, which isn't done by a random shop. Although this one does great work, what with its seamstress, part of me wonders if RealSports ones would be better.

If this doesn't make sense, it's an OCD thing. As in, "Random person sewing versus company that makes them." Even if she does a great job, part of my screwed up mind wonders if it's as legitimate and good as possible.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You've probably exhausted every mass retail avenue. Look into local independent stores. Though, they probably sell at a bit of a markup.

I'd suggest Icejerseys. I like the fact that nameplates and numbers are stitched on instead of glued and/or use screen-printed "patches" - basically cookie cutter letter and number patches glued on jerseys with a screen-printed stitching and fabric appearance.

GiganticSevereHackee.gif
This reminds me that I actually have a Fetisov Soviet jersey. Not an actually official one, some knockoff my grandparents bought for me in St. Petersburg many years ago, but still.

This reminds me that I actually have a Fetisov Soviet jersey. Not an actually official one, some knockoff my grandparents bought for me in St. Petersburg many years ago, but still.

There's something about the old CCCP jerseys that make their design timeless.

My favorite is the 1987 Canada Cup ones, as they have the old school Adidas three strip design philosophy, and it works well.

ee025b5d539a049f3464a7b00af7d441.jpg

Canada-Cup.jpg

canada-cup1987.jpg

Craig Button's Simulator of the Vegas team
craig-button-s-expansion-team.jpg

craig-button-s-other-expansion-picks.jpg

For the HabsGAF I would expose Andrighetto or De La Rose, maybe Fucale(Let Mcniven come to the AHL next season) For Expansion

calder

I'd be a bit bummed to lose Perreault as he's a great guy and a very effective middle six forward (when healthy, which is a problem) but I'd much rather he get taken than Armia or Petan.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

For the HabsGAF I would expose Andrighetto or De La Rose, maybe Fucale(Let Mcniven come to the AHL next season) For Expansion

i think the NHL completely miscalculated how many quality players would be available due to the 2015 megadraft

Yawnier

Banned

-snip snip-

For an expansion team that doesn't seem that bad, especially the D.

and if they get Nolan Patrick then that C depth isn't that bad either.

Also if the Leafs lose a forward prospect to them like Rychel or whatever.... no big loss.

Curufinwe

I'd be a bit bummed to lose Perreault as he's a great guy and a very effective middle six forward (when healthy, which is a problem) but I'd much rather he get taken than Armia or Petan.

As a last resort, the Jets should buy out Enstrom rather than lose Perreault.

imBask

Banned
i'm still hoping for Vegas to grab Plekanec, they'll need a couple of stupid contracts to meet the cap floor and Plekanec would fit the need for a year

Curufinwe

and to be honest that's a terrible lineup, but having Fleury and a better defense than the Leafs is not a bad start

They will be able to supplement the forwards with trades and in free agency, but the quality of forwards available in the actual expansion draft will be very poor.

calder

As a last resort, the Jets should buy out Enstrom rather than lose Perreault.

I'm *reasonably* confident Chevy will make a trade or two at the deadline to either free up a protection spot or at least trade a couple of the useful younger forwards for an asset that is expansion exempt.

Sadly, our LHD is so thin we need Enstrom no matter what, even at his price tag and cap hit. If anything I wonder if the Jets would ask him to waive his NMC so they could expose him and roll the dice. That's one of the benefits of the Jets giving out NMC's like candy, let's be honest if you ask a guy to potential open himself up to going to Vegas he'll probably say yes. ;)

Quick

Banned
There's a content update out for NHL 17 with a bunch of new celebration animations and jerseys, and all I really care about is fixing the captaincy issue in Franchise and Be a Pro.

If there's anything to sum up how EA Sports deals with the NHL series, this is it.

malfcn

I think I prefer Desert over Silver, Golden has no chance.

(+)
They play in the desert.
They play in the silver state.

(-)
Silver is usually second to gold.

(/)
They will be called the Knights either way.

Socreges

Banned
So is Elliott gonna turn his shit around or no? Johnson's done alright so far

Also - Lack on IR with a concussion he sustained in practice

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member

Preds will be fucked as far as center depth goes if Jarnkrok goes to Vegas. I have a hard time seeing Fisher and Ribeiro sticking around after this season, which would leave us with Johansen and two 4th line centers in Bass and Sissons.

On the other hand, I'd also hate to lose someone like Arvidsson. Maybe Playoff Colin Wilson™ will show up and Vegas will be dumb enough to take him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's a content update out for NHL 17 with a bunch of new celebration animations and jerseys, and all I really care about is fixing the captaincy issue in Franchise and Be a Pro.

If there's anything to sum up how EA Sports deals with the NHL series, this is it.

You do realize that the patch addresses that issue too, right? :lol

calder

Ah cool, wonder which of the games I see on my TVs listings are blacked out? Oh yes all of them except the one I have no interest in watching, excellent.

Seems like the blackouts are worse than ever. I'm sure Snet would say this is somehow Strombos fault if they could

Top Bottom