• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

ultra7k

It's frustrating to watch the Canucks, even after enduring through the dark days of Messier/Keenan.

Little to no speed through the neutral zone, and certainly no finish. Team just needs more talent rather than the tweeners they seem to be stuck with. Baertschi is a shell of his fine form last season, and Horvat is understandably trying to do it all. At least let Virtanen play.

I agree with the above poster, goaltending (and the D to a lesser extent) is actually fine. If only the Canucks could take advantage of momentum swings and pot a couple goals here and there, it'd be a lot more entertaining.

Benning had better not trade Boeser or Juolevi.

CwwhB2YVEAAus31.jpg

sirronoh

I'm glad the NHL will revisit that Kadri hit:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-everyone-can-win-trouba-deal/

10. GM meetings are coming up and the Nazem Kadri/Daniel Sedin hit is going to be an added topic of conversation. I didn’t like it at all, as I’m not sure what Sedin is supposed to do there. He’s not admiring a pass, he’s in the act of scoring a goal.

The rule was re-written in 2012 to eliminate the term “blind side,” so since Kadri’s initial contact was with the body, the Department of Player Safety was limited in what it could do. But there are some GMs (including Jim Rutherford and Ray Shero) who believe the NHL should always be trying to protect the head.

The question always is, though, can they come up with language that enough of them agree on? Hope so. No one needs to see that play out again.

sirronoh

You realise this just means that maybe someone will talk about whether or not the rule should be tweaked, not that Kadri is going to be punished, right?

Yep. I'm not concerned about the actual event because what's done is done. I care about how they came to the conclusion that they reached during the original investigation and whether or not the rules need to be revisited for the sake of future incidents which is exactly what seems to be under consideration.

Socreges

Banned
I guess tonight I'll be watching Habs vs Bruins and CNN. Both will stress me out but I'll manage.
I'll have FOX News on all night with the volume jacked up so I'm subjected to the horror at all times. If I'm on the shitter that doesn't mean I won't be hearing Sean Hannity fear monger and wax indignant about the 'thugs' at voting stations in Florida or the questionable leftist volunteers in North Carolina.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not a Rangers fan but I follow @adamzherman and @nmercad. good Rangers twitterers.

I'll toss in @kevindelury, @kevinbaumer, @BrettCyrgalis (you might have to deal with the occasional Islanders info here), and @JimCerny in addition to those. @drosennhl seems to handle the Rangers beat for NHL.com more often than not, too.

And of course @NYP_Brooksie, though he doesn't tweet all that much, relatively speaking.

I went to the jersey store and dropped my 2016-2017 off. Paid $60 plus tax for it to be sewn.

He said that the same lady has been doing their sewing for years and they've had no complaints. I've also seen good reviews on Facebook, and seen her work in person. No issues noticed.

Apparently they have the lettering and heat press machines in store, then they send the jerseys out to get stitched by her.

Top Bottom