• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

imBask

Banned
bf435d18bfef4b2bb1ebadb620c8d418.png

yeah they're asking "who are those guys?"

Quick

Banned
Connor Crisp just retweeted Donald and tweeted out #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Legitimate reason to trade him, how have hockey personnel not spoken to players about tweeting this kind of stuff?

I don't think censoring someone for their political alignment should be a thing, but he'd certainly be on his own to answer for them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

🤔
Benning is a treasure

I don't think censoring someone for their political alignment should be a thing, but he'd certainly be on his own to answer for them.
I figured teams would advise players to not publicly state opinions to avoid any fallback on players / teams. This isn't a typical election where #VoteRomney is a non threatening message.

Socreges

Banned

🤔
I suspect it's true that Benning wants a 20-goal scorer, but likely false that Dreger knows a single thing about what "GMs" are doing. It's a solid tweet, though, and the kind of strategic guesswork that keeps him in the game.

Either way, while Benning is a danger to himself, I can't see him trading either of those players.

Quick

Banned
I figured teams would advise players to not publicly state opinions to avoid any fallback on players / teams. This isn't a typical election where #VoteRomney is a non threatening message.

True, though you never want to set a precedent for these things.

It's probably more common to have players support Trump than we'd think, the difference being that others aren't saying shit about it.

Red_Man

It's probably more common to have players support Trump than we'd think, the difference being that others aren't saying shit about it.
No doubt, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of players were Trump supporters.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I just assume that after NHL players* sign their first multi million dollar contract they turn into Republicans.

*White NHL players

PillarEN

Didn't Babcock complain last year that Toronto should be able to spend as much money as they want because they can? Basically complaining about the cap. If only he was American. Could have voted for Trump today.

I'm sure color commentator Mickey Redmond is voting for Trump. He goes into political rants once every blue moon during a game and it always sounded very bootstrapsy.

iLLmAtlc

I kinda remember Dreger talking about what a great dude Benning is and how they talked all the time, so maybe there's something to it.

I'd like to know what Dreger actually said because "confirms" is pretty strong. His shill reports are usually qualified in such a way where he's not saying anything.

Hold your ground JIM

E: Haven't pollsters flocked over to the Princeton Consortium? 99% for Clinton. http://election.princeton.edu/electoral-college-map/

Socreges

Banned
I just assume that after NHL players* sign their first multi million dollar contract they turn into Republicans.

*White NHL players
The majority are uneducated and suddenly wealthy. So yeah. 4th liners and fringe prospects are particularly fond of Trump, concerned about immigrants taking their jobs.

PillarEN

Mexicans like Auston Matthews. Maybe they know whats up.

Makes sense. He's working a lot harder than these other eurocentric players and for less pay. People like him will cause friction at the next bargaining between the NHL and NHLPA.

#strongertogether

Red_Man

My Price WCOH jersey came in already, really surprised by the speed and it looks really great in person, thanks for the heads up OCDchewie, I love it.

Socreges

Banned
Makes sense. He's working a lot harder than these other eurocentric players and for less pay. People like him will cause friction at the next bargaining between the NHL and NHLPA.

#strongertogether
Illegals are only the tip of the iceberg. What about that headshot on Daniel Sedin? Why does the NHL mainstream media refuse to call it what it is?

#RadicalIslam

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, ok, ok. I understand trading McIlrath and all. That's fine.

But for Kampfer?! The guy who was already here with the Rangers two years ago and failed to beat McIlrath AND Hunwick for a spot? THAT Kampfer? WTF? Why even bother? Like, trade him for a nice steak dinner or something instead.

Reckheim

But for Kampfer?! The guy who was already here with the Rangers two years ago and failed to beat McIlrath AND Hunwick for a spot? THAT Kampfer? WTF? Why even bother? Like, trade him for a nice steak dinner or something instead.

Florida threw in a conditional 7th round pick. That's where the real value is in this trade.

Vyse24

Should we remember this post when somehow Kampfer leads the D in points by the turn of the year?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Florida threw in a conditional 7th round pick. That's where the real value is in this trade.

The 7th rounder is dependent on McIlrath playing 30 games for the Panthers this season. Besides, we already used up all our luck in the 7th round for the century by finding Hank there. At best we can turn it into something else as part of a package somewhere.

Should we remember this post when somehow Kampfer leads the D in points by the turn of the year?
I'll start planning our draft lottery party if that's the case.

Top Bottom