• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Incredible game, especially by Saad.

Smelly, can you gif his assist and goal for me?

Best angles I could get:

assist:

ilAmrYKuWVLSa.gif

goal:

iJxAo2x1torBC.gif

SUCK IT MOBILE-GAF

At least the Avs don't play again until Friday, I've been so busy moving I haven't had time to watch anything :(

Browsing Mobile-Gaf with images turned off :p

The Avs not playing until Friday sucks. What am I supposed to do with my life!? Also, you'll regret having images turned off when Joe Thornton scores four goals.

I think the teams that made it were AT 4 points out but not more than that. I'd have to doublecheck, though.

Pyatt HAS to be the guy coming out of the lineup for Hagelin tomorrow, right?

Right?

No they were out more than 4. The last to do it was Calgary 2006 I believe.

Fast down to Hartford. Pyatt will be in tomorrow. Embrace the tank.

TUSR

Banned
I don't like how Bieksa just sits at the point not moving. On a power play hes not even trying to create room for a shooting lane.

Smiley90

I don't like how Bieksa just sits at the point not moving. On a power play hes not even trying to create room for a shooting lane.

I liked the part where they tried to pass the pack into the goal. Not.

Acid08

Banned
Has Bieksa not been as good this season? I don't hear much positive from you guys about him.

My perception might be kind of skewed though, I only really see him play against us and he usually gets embarrassed :lol

Smiley90

Has Bieksa not been as good this season? I don't hear much positive from you guys about him.

My perception might be kind of skewed though, I only really see him play against us and he usually gets embarrassed :lol

He's leading the league in +/-. He's been great, just not producing as much in terms of points.

edit: WAS leading the league in +/- yesterday, apparently not anymore. I stand corrected.

TUSR

Banned

hes got 5A and is a +10...

he just isn't doing as much as he did a few years ago, new defence system

Smiley90

5A seems kind of low for him. Is he leading your D in points?

Jason Garrison is 4th in the NHL in defenseman scoring, so no. :p (Garrison has 9 points)

Like both TUSR and me said, he's producing a bit less than usual, still playing great though. Tied for 4th in the league in +/- and doing solid work defensively. New system, etc.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just did a quick count. 22 teams in the NHL have at least double the Rangers' goals for.

There's also a team with more than triple the goals for.

Samyy

I don't have time or willingness to read 10+ pages of fanboy wars in gaming-gaf.

I see pictures.

I suppose you think XO looks better then PC too?
XO feed DF used contrast and lotsa saturation to fudge the images apparently, because they actually look like this when other people made the contrast/saturation the same:

ib0gOrDzD8ScKG.gif

For example: Heres how DF captured the videos vs. the person who originally took them

Smiley90

oh dear lord make that image smaller. Yeah in that shot PS4 looks better.

Anyway, I'll stick with my 1080p PC for at least half a year post-launch until there's some good exclusives. Not worth it at all otherwise when I can get better (and stable) performance with something I already own...

Smiley90

Oh ok, I guess I was lucky because I ran into two right away at the Pokemon village.

No he meant you can't catch them until right before the last gym batch. They're everywhere in the pokemon village and easy to catch then.

Samyy

oh dear lord make that image smaller. Yeah in that shot PS4 looks better.

Anyway, I'll stick with my 1080p PC for at least half a year post-launch until there's some good exclusives. Not worth it at all otherwise when I can get better (and stable) performance with something I already own...

Yea im very dissapointed with BF, I thought it would look closer to what they showed at MS conference, lucky PC people :(

-broke-

lupinko

No he meant you can't catch them until right before the last gym batch. They're everywhere in the pokemon village and easy to catch then.

Oh ok, this is what I get for misunderstanding random gaf posts in that giant OT. I dunno what to do with the second one then, dunno what to trade for right now. I'm just about going to do Pokemon League.

Just did a quick count. 22 teams in the NHL have at least double the Rangers' goals for.

There's also a team with more than triple the goals for.
It's even worse when you go into 5 on 5 goals.

27 teams have at least double the Ranger's 7 5on5 goals. 3 teams have triple that amount.

15 NHL players have as many or more goals than the New York Rangers have 5 on 5 goals.

Tabris

Thursday November 7th and 14th is the true marker for this team. We need to prove it now because we don't play San Jose again this season and they are truly the team to beat right now.

What I'm curious to see is how Kes-Sedins performs against a team like SJ that know how to play really hard against the Sedins. I am hoping Kesler is that balancing factor to deal with SJ, Chicago, and LA (the 3 teams that can shut down the Sedins decently in the West).

EDIT - I forgot Chicago lost Bolland. That will be interesting. Who would they have match up against Sedins?

EDIT 2 - If you can shut down the Sedins, you can shut down the Canucks, so that's why I'm really hoping the Kesler on their line allows Sedins to get enough space (or vice versa) to get past that, otherwise we won't be getting past the first or second round this year.

Top Bottom