• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zucc laid out by Skille in the middle of the ice way away from the puck. SOMEHOW all 4 officials missed that, so Kreider had to go beat the shit out of Skille and get 17 minutes of penalties.

Thanks, refs.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So, we're down 4-1. I was having dinner with the wife, so I didn't hear or see anything; can someone give me a quick summary why the hell we're still down 3 goals....?

Foggy

Zucc laid out by Skille in the middle of the ice way away from the puck. SOMEHOW all 4 officials missed that, so Kreider had to go beat the shit out of Skille and get 17 minutes of penalties.

Thanks, refs.

Jackets got a 2 minute PP out of that clusterfuck? I don't know, but the Skille collision looked incidental to me

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I don't like getting these retaliation penalties, we've now seen both Glass and Kreider stand up for teammates in this game, and we saw Zucc among others do it in the first game against St. Louis. These are things that this team was criticized for most of last season (especially the first half) for NOT doing.

So I do like what it says about how this team protects its own thus far. But that doesn't mean we couldn't use some discipline. We've taken waaaay too many penalties through the first 5 periods of this season.

Alucard

Banned
Curious to see how the Pens stack up to better teams. They can beat the Torontos and Columbuses of the world all day, but it won't mean shit if they can't beat teams like the Kings, Hawks, etc.

It's a long season. Hope I'll enjoy the third period and get to see at least one more goal scored by the Pens as they come out victorious. No meltdown, please.

Top Bottom