• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

zroid

Banned
We will end up with

- Scrivens

735.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Guys, BREAKING NEWS!

The Minnesota Wild are actually going to be playing a hockey game in a few minutes.

( ゚Д゚)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys, BREAKING NEWS!

The Minnesota Wild are actually going to be playing a hockey game in a few minutes.

( ゚Д゚)

Same for the Canucks

TERRIBLE SCHEDULING BROS

... so uh how badly will we embarrass ourselves against the lolOilers tonight Canucks-GAF?

Is Horvat back yet? If so, where does he play?

trifelife

Same for the Canucks

TERRIBLE SCHEDULING BROS

... so uh how badly will we embarrass ourselves against the lolOilers tonight Canucks-GAF?

Is Horvat back yet? If so, where does he play?

Bo still out, but I'd bet he takes Hansen's spot on the fourth line.

Five minutes left in the first period.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yay a solid win and game played by the Wings for once. Wonder if Gus will start tomorrow or if Howard will try for another one.

Montresor

Greg Millen is such a cunt... Would you stfu about "insulting" the players. Leafs made the playoffs once in the last 10 years. It's going to take years of being consecutive conference finalists and at least one Cup final to undo that damage. I really have no qualms with people booing the Leafs off the ice. Fuck them. Toronto could start the season 10-0 and you should still boo them off the ice if they lose that 11th game. Remember that this is a team that for three straight years has collapsed spectacularly. Every loss, no matter how many wins occurred beforehand, should be boo'd until Toronto clinches a playoff spot. Until they clinch they are just a loser club that collapses perennially.

I get that rationally it's just one loss, but the truth is it's 10 years of futility. I have no problem with fans "disrespecting" the logo after an embarrassing loss. You have to earn the right to get the benefit of the doubt after a loss. You win in dominant fashion against Colorado and that don't mean shit.

I loved the win against Colorado and thought it was the best game they played since game 2 versus Boston. I just don't like the idea that the Leafs should be beyond any kind of reproach. Fans have every right to voice their displeasure after a loss. *2 days later, 2 wins later* "B-b-b-b-ut they won another couple of games! They're 2 wins over .500!!! Wait until they collapse spectacularly again before throwing a jersey on the ice!!" No.

zroid

Banned
I really have no qualms with people booing the Leafs off the ice. Fuck them.

Pretty much, the only better way than jersey tossing is to not fill up the seats, but that's never going to happen. Play a good game and they won't be subject to ridicule, it's simple really.

Wait a minute, is the Edmonton/Vancouver game on Sportsnet?

yes, but blacked out. I kind of wanted to watch the Oilers/Canucks but after this gong show I think I'll check out Ducks/Wild. At least there's likely to be some quality hockey in that game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much, the only better way than jersey tossing is to not fill up the seats, but that's never going to happen. Play a good game and they won't be subject to ridicule, it's simple really.

yes, but blacked out. I kind of wanted to watch the Oilers/Canucks but after that gong show I think I'll check out Ducks/Wild. At least there's likely to be some quality hockey there.

Whatever happened to no blackouts on Sportsnet?

Fucking Rogers.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
FFS.

Wild play tonight and Sunday, and then get three days off.

WHAT IS WITH THIS SCHEDULING?

Top Bottom