• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Down by 1 after the first but I really can't complain about how we played. Had plenty of chances, controlled most of the play, it just didn't bounce our way. We'll see how it goes in the second.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't want to use the word "terrible" but yeah...
Montreal is dominating them for long stretches in their own zone consistently, Pickard did really well. I don't imagine he can keep that up all game, but the longer they go without scoring the more frustrated they'll become too.

Xeteh

Montreal is dominating them for long stretches in their own zone consistently, Pickard did really well. I don't imagine he can keep that up all game, but the longer they go without scoring the more frustrated they'll become too.

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Avs had their chances and I'm happy we're up one but if the Habs keep this up it won't stay that way. I hope I'm wrong but the Habs look pretty solid right now, its only a matter of time.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ref fail again

the puck hit the post and out of play, faceoff in leafs zone

problem is... post doesn't count as extension of goaltender anymore b/c of a rule change this offseason :|

edit: wait maybe i got that backwards?

Xeteh

Only a matter of time but maybe we score another goal or two and end up with a win even with the Habs scoring twice.

Avs definitely have the potential to net more but right now the ice feels tilted towards our zone. I hope they turn it around in the second but right now we're being outshot 17-10.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can't remember the last Habs player that I looked forward to watching every shift like I do A.Gally. He looks possessed out there right now.

They gotta waive Cleary when Pavel comes back right? Nesty has been playing good and deserves to stay with the big club, plus he might actually be claimed. Cleary has been sitting in his cabana enjoying cocktails watching this team.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They gotta waive Cleary when Pavel comes back right? Nesty has been playing good and deserves to stay with the big club, plus he might actually be claimed. Cleary has been sitting in his cabana enjoying cocktails watching this team.
Nes and Jurco can both be sent down without having to clear waivers. I'm sure Nes will be sent instead of Cleary.

Spl1nter

Pretty even 1st. Leafs really need to get there system down in their own zone. To often players dont know who should go for the puck.

That first period was better than any period in last night's borefest. The Leafs played better, for sure, but not perfectly.

Nice play by Santorelli at the end there. If only he could've elevated it. I like his play, though.

The Leafs had some good chances, but they also gave up some and took some dumb penalties.

I forgot to change the channel when I left the room, to avoid Cherry. Oh well. I'm too lazy to go back in and do so.

He's annoying, though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
gamecenter will let me watch coach's corner but without the sound

what's the point

Top Bottom