• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Can anyone from Leafs-GAF provide me with a tl;dr version of tonight's game?

Was it a moral victory? I see that Montreal had more shots so...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
multi-cam would be an amazing features IF THE CAMERAS WERE IN SYNC

I can't deal with them being out of sync

Samyy

Can anyone from Leafs-GAF provide me with a tl;dr version of tonight's game?

Was it a moral victory? I see that Montreal had more shots so...

Every line was good except the top line, which was trash tier bad.

The Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson line was stupid effective, had something like close to 60% CF which is fantastic, and they played a solid game at both ends.

Hollands line was decent, and had at least 50% possession, was not hemmed into the zone really at all. Holland was shockingly responsible in the defensive end which I hadn't seen in his game before.

First period - pretty great, everyone was flying, we were definitely using our speed to create chances and Montreal had very little sustained pressure.

Second period - This is where it all went to shit. Essentially, this is really when Montreal's first line took off and the Kessel line and Phaneuf-Robidas pairing just could not handle them at all. Montreal started getting a lot of chances. That really continued onto the third period.

The GWG was fluky as hell.
Percy played a great game but people are seriously overhyping it and it was just an unfortunate bounce off his foot, fuck off Smelly.

My biggest gripe with the game?
FUCKING CARLYLE PLAYING BOZAK 22 MINUTES.
Seriously the line was terribad and HE STILL OVERPLAYED THEM.

Bozak - 22mins
Kadri - 14
- Santo - 11
Holland 10

So now that we have a competent 4th line that can play more then 4 minutes, RC decides to give them Kadri's minutes, whose line was also a solid 50% CF, when he really should have been dialing back Bozaks time.

Despite the one goal Bozak was very bad.

Clarkson played a good game.

Tabris

As I watch this game and get excited for things, I gotta calm my expectations and realize this is CGY. Have to watch an LAK, ANA, CHI, STL, or SJS game before I get a sense where we're at as a team.

Smiley90

Sedins have sure come to play play tonight

As I watch this game and get excited for things, I gotta calm my expectations and realize this is CGY. Have to watch an LAK, ANA, CHI, STL, or SJS game before I get a sense where we're at as a team.

Basically it's the perfect opening game.

zedge

Flames are playing like shit. They looked 10x better in pre season. I don't expect them to own the Canucks but they are 'off' tonight.

Acid08

Banned
Oh my god at Mueller demolishing Brown at the end of the period. Kid is gonna be something.

Sharks seemed to find their game more as the period went on, kids are shining right now. Tierney, Wingels, Mueller, Marleau, and Burns really stood out.

Smiley90

TRADE MILLER

BUST

that's how it works, right

cowtown has no business being in this game goddamnit

Tabris

Flames are playing like shit. They looked 10x better in pre season. I don't expect them to own the Canucks but they are 'off' tonight.

Hard to judge pre-season, especially if your team has a lot of young players like Calgary or a lot of veterans like Vancouver. Because veterans will play protectively and never go full out, while young players will go all out to try to make a spot.

EDIT - Whoo! I take it back Kassian!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Every line was good except the top line, which was trash tier bad.

The Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson line was stupid effective, had something like close to 60% CF which is fantastic, and they played a solid game at both ends.
Hollands line was decent, and had at least 50% possession, was not hemmed into the zone really at all. Holland was shockingly responsible in the defensive end which I hadn't seen in his game before.

First period - pretty great, everyone was flying, we were definitely using our speed to create chances and Montreal had very little sustained pressure.

Second period - This is where it all went to shit. Essentially, this is really when Montreal's first line took off and the Kessel line and Phaneuf-Robidas pairing just could not handle them at all. Montreal started getting a lot of chances. That really continued onto the third period.

The GWG was fluky as hell.
Percy played a great game but people are seriously overhyping it and it was just an unfortunate bounce off his foot, fuck off Smelly.

My biggest gripe with the game?
Phaneuf got pylon'ed and Bernier flubbed on a weak shot.
We fight back and score with a nice play by Kozun and a tip by Kadri.
We also had a nice play by Percy who screwed up, but made a nice pass to Bozak who was wide open.
Kessel doesn't skate hard and reach for a puck and allows the Habs defence to get a nice pass to start a breakaway and it leads to a goal.
We have yet another breakdown in our zone and Subban scores in the slot.
We get a lucky goal from Rielly as his pass hit a Habs player and goes in.
Habs respond more or less the same with the puck going off Percy and past Bernier.

tl;dr our best players weren't the best and the Habs' best players were the best.

zedge

Hard to judge pre-season, especially if your team has a lot of young players like Calgary or a lot of veterans like Vancouver. Because veterans will play protectively and never go full out, while young players will go all out to try to make a spot.

EDIT - Whoo! I take it back Kassian!
I know but at least they could make a clean pass..lol. Sigh

Top Bottom