• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Right through his penetrated anus.

M9AG8.gif
M9AG8.gif
M9AG8.gif

Solo

Poor period by the Habs. Frankly, that might not be a bad thing, seeing as the past two games we've had fantastic first and then collpased in the second and third. Maybe tonight will be the reverse.

MacAttack said:
Pouliot is falling down like a pro tonight!

Don't worry, man. He's been replaced in Montreal. Desharnais can't stand up either.

Sanjuro

Also, more reason to hate Burke. I never knew this.

Wikipedia said:
The Hartford Whalers' official theme song was "Brass Bonanza," a tune composed by an aspiring composer/musician Jack Say, correctly spelled Jacques Ysaÿe.[10] The song became a big hit after it was introduced in the mid-1970s. However, Brian Burke cancelled the use of the song in 1992 because he said "there were players who were embarrassed by it." After he left it was quickly reintroduced.[11] The song is still very popular with Hartford crowds, and continues to occasionally be played at XL Center events, including games of the Connecticut Whale, the current AHL hockey team in Hartford that is named in honor of the NHL team.

What a cunt.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
Poor period by the Habs. Frankly, that might not be a bad thing, seeing as the past two games we've had fantastic first and then collpased in the second and third. Maybe tonight will be the reverse.

At least Price is in the game. The knocking the net of penalty was bullshit though.

t0mp

Slurmer said:
well...yeah.

2nd one is gonna happen, but that first goal was totally avoidable. hartnell has been terrible this season
he really has. it just shows that he doesn't really fit in with the flyers play-style anymore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
Don't worry, man. He's been replaced in Montreal. Desharnais can't stand up either.
I'm more worried about his lack of ability to win a faceoff, it's really killing us.

Solo

Red_Man said:
I'm more worried about his lack of ability to win a faceoff, it's really killing us.

Yeah. Dude is not an NHL calibre centre. Martin needs to get Eller back at centre and move DD to the wing where he'd be more effective.

Red_Man

Gomez out for the rest of the nigh with an upper body injury will be evaluated tomorrow. MPW just jizzed in his pants time for Eller and DD to step it up.

Tabris

Montresor said:
I disagree. You can't fault him for those goals... the Leafs defense is just playing badly, and the team as a whole is getting dominated big time.

I feel better about VAN tonight with things turning back to normal.

Solo

Red_Man said:
Gomez out for the rest of the nigh with an upper body injury will be evaluated tomorrow. MPW just jizzed in his pants time for Eller and DD to step it up.

Eller's chance to steal Gomer's job. Come on, Lars!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Red_Man said:

Should be interesting if Eller centers Gio.

Montresor

Tabris said:
I feel better about VAN tonight with things turning back to normal.

Yeah if potentially being brought down to 4-1-1 at the hands of the former Cup champs is normal, then yeah, I feel better too. Christ you're annoying. Just like Leaf fans should wait 15-20 games before they can annoint this team to be playoff-bound, you should wait a bit too before you boldly declare things as coming "back to normal" after one Leafs regulation loss (and that hasn't even happened yet - hockey games are three periods for a reason).

MacAttack

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Is Boychuk drunk?

Boychuk has turned into a one dimensional player. He's always got that cannon for a shot but he's prone to overthinking situations. His play seems dependent on the defenseman he's paired with. When he fuck's up playing with Chara you know he's struggling.

Curufinwe

t0mp said:
he really has. it just shows that he doesn't really fit in with the flyers play-style anymore.

I was trying to find an image of a grinning Hartnell with "NTC" stamped on it, but this is funnier.

SlapSchtick_HairToday_print.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SuperSonic1305 said:
Leafs look dead tired already. No way they can win this game.
I think they're going to lose.

Boston is motivated after losing AND had a day off in-between.

Leafs flew in after a shootout win with the Jets.

Fatigue is definitely setting in and I wish they'd played Gust for the Jets and Reims for this game.

Montresor said:
Yeah if potentially being brought down to 4-1-1 at the hands of the former Cup champs is normal, then yeah, I feel better too. Christ you're annoying. Just like Leaf fans should wait 15-20 games before they can annoint this team to be playoff-bound, you should wait a bit too before you boldly declare things as coming "back to normal" after one Leafs regulation loss (and that hasn't even happened yet - hockey games are three periods for a reason).

How dare you question Nostradamus.

Red_Man

Can't do anything but laugh at this point. Should consider any game without an injury a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom