• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
bonesmccoy said:
Except Kadri's just not very good.

And you're basing this on..?

He had decent success at the NHL level in his rookie season (0.41 points per game) and he had a great pre-season this year.

I'm not saying he'll be an all-star, but I think he's close to finally being an everyday NHL player, which is something the vast majority of drafted players can never achieve. Remember, he's only 20 years old.

Solo

SCHUEY F1 said:
What are the lines for tonight? Is Cammy just being swapped out with Moen?

Martin said he wasn't going to decide until game time. Personally, for tonight Id go

Cammy-Pleks-Eller
AK-DD-Patches
Cole-Gomer-Gio
Darche-Enqvist-Moen

MacAttack said:
I hope you're happy.

Overjoyed!

Puddles said:
but do you guys think he could end up as a Hart Trophy winner/finalist?

Nope. He started off on a hot streak, that's all it is.

wdaiY.gif

Solo

They do need to move Eller back to centre soon though. He's been at wing while his shoulder heals for taking face-offs. Then I would REALLY shake the lines up.

Kave_Man said:
I thought we were cool man. :(

As Heretic has established, Leafs and Ducks fans are mutual with each other due to our teams trading a lot.

Plus I kinda "get" where Leaf fans come from with the overhype factor. You guys love hockey and love your team, everything gets emphasised to all hell when it's studied so intensely under a microscope. Remember when Dan Sexton came into the NHL for a bit and scored like 4 goals in 8 games or something? All two passionate Ducks fans were all like BIG SEXY YEEEEAAA but now Sexy is rubbing shoulders in the AHL. It's basically like that, but on a way larger scale because there are so many Leafs fans that are passionate.

I was just really enthusiastic about using that gif.

Solo said:
They do need to move Eller back to centre soon though. He's been at wing while his shoulder heals for taking face-offs. Then I would REALLY shake the lines up.
By moving Eller to the 4th line?

Sick checking line though. At a total of over $15M, that line is going to fucking check ANY first line into the ground!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I say if kessel kicks ass tonight with chara all over him, it will be hard to judge what he can/will do

Chara is kessels nemesis

Btw Clarke MacArthur (pride injury) schenn (brain injury) and Armstrong (ankle injury) out tonight

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn, I want the Leafs to lose, but I despise the Bruins.....think I will go with the Leafs tonight. Keep Boston down as long as possible.

t0mp

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Wonder if Jagr is worried tonight? Wonder what Shanaban would have given AO?

2iievew.gif
:(

look out though, look at these sexy lines:
JvR-Giroux-Jagr; Read-Briere-Simmonds; Hartnell-Schenn-Voracek; Talbot-Couturier-Nodl.

DopeyFish said:
I say if kessel kicks ass tonight with chara all over him, it will be hard to judge what he can/will do

Chara is kessels nemesis

Chara is one Grabovski hit away from getting suspended for 12 games, I hope it happens tonight.

Grabovski's a tank, he'll be ok.

Slurmer

Banned
t0mp said:
:(

look out though, look at these sexy lines:
JvR-Giroux-Jagr; Read-Briere-Simmonds; Hartnell-Schenn-Voracek; Talbot-Couturier-Nodl.

was popping in to ask about the lines for tonight. good stuff.

Cactus

Banned
DopeyFish said:

Chara is kessels nemesis

Btw Clarke MacArthur (pride injury) schenn (brain injury) and Armstrong (ankle injury) out tonight
Looks like it's Komisarek rather than Schenn sitting tonight. Kessel and Grabo are wearing the "A" at the pregame skate.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How is Neal on the second line when he has 6 goals? Didn't know Orpik would be back for this game either.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Has it ever been confirmed that Kessel's mom still cuts his hair?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Red_Man said:
How is Neal on the second line when he has 6 goals? Didn't know Orpik would be back for this game either.

To be with Staal. Our lines are a little odd with Malkin and Crosby expected to return soon.

Doytch

Anyone else not find fighting as fun as they used to? I used to love the shit out of it, since I was little. But these days there's really no emotion in me when it happens. Don't hate it or even dislike it, jut don't really care.

Wonder if it's just getting influenced by the anti-fighting media.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Both goalies looking sharp, price seems to do better when he gets shots put on him early.

Edit annnnnndddddd Neal scores.

Cactus

Banned
Kadri with the lone assist. Thomas probably should have had that, but it was a nice play from Kadri to find Steckel in front.

Isn't that guy only meant to do faceoffs?

Also it took me 8 minutes to realise that I could change feeds on Gamecentre live... I had to put up with 5 minutes of Jack Edwards, it was horrible.
trollface.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom