• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
I don't really blame anybody for that goal. Jagr jumped off the bench and immediately skated forward for the pass. The Leafs D had no chance because they were pinching in the offensive zone, trying to tie the game.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
I know it's early in the season but here is my main concern with the Leafs:

5-0-0 versus teams below .500.

0-2-1 versus teams above .500.

Its ok to lose to Boston and Philly............

lupinko

Does this mean then the leafs will beat the rags later this week?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Well, the better team won. Leafs looked out of their depth, they would have been shut out if not for some crazy bounces.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

:(

Soo...I was only listening to part of the game tonight. How was Connelly?

I just didn't see the Leafs winning this one.

BigJonsson said:
Its ok to lose to Boston and Philly............

And considering we're using our back-up, who among few other things is known for his sub-0.9 save percentage.

But Phillie is a much, much more complete team than Toronto, even with Carter and Richards gone.

Cactus

Banned
Ya but if the Leafs are really for "real" then they will have to start beating the good teams.
Gustavsson let in 10 goals in the the two losses against good teams. I'm not worried until we start losing to these teams with Reimer in net.

TSN or The Score or somebody kept flashing this stat all morning: When Reimer plays, the Leafs score 3.1 goals per game; when Gustavsson plays, the Leafs score 2.1 goals per game.

Again, poor Jonas.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Slurmer said:
Leafs lose game
Flyers lose Pronger

so really, Pens win?

Pronger will probably be back before we face them and glancing at their schedule, they don't have anything too tough coming up for the next couple weeks so I doubt it'll impact much. I also really don't like seeing players get hurt, especially talented ones.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Patches not out for the third, to be expected its been a couple games since we had an injury.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm actually thankful penguins didn't get jagr now... The forward lineup would be ridiculous when healthy

And having Crosby, malkin and jagr on the power play? You'd never get the puck D:

bonesmccoy said:
TSN or The Score or somebody kept flashing this stat all morning: When Reimer plays, the Leafs score 3.1 goals per game; when Gustavsson plays, the Leafs score 2.1 goals per game.

Again, poor Jonas.
That might be that the team has less faith in
the Monster and play a more conservative game while taking less chances.

Most likely, and I'd say it's behaviour that's been drilled into them. Those 2 BR seasons would drive fear into the hearts of the stoutest men.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Exactly what I'm thinking cap'n.

I think Gus has to earn back their trust before anything will change in that regard. He'll need like a ton of solid games in a row to do that or have a few where he stands on his head. :(

So Erik Cole scored!

4 years justified, and how. Now all that's left is Markov to return for a solid 10 game spell between injuries, and we might as well hand Gauthier the keys to 24 Sussex.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Didn't really score. More like the puck touched him on the way out of pity.

Well that was a heartbreaking game. I don't know what it is, but Philly just has our number.

Hope Pronger is OK, hate to see anybody go out like that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I didn't hear any booing.

I knew we couldn't score against Markstrom. It's like against Miller. It won't go in.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
They have played alright. Markstrom has played great and they got some fortunate goals.

Also, there have been boo's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom