• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0mp

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Homer says Pronger will miss at last 10 days.

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Flyers will make Pronger wear visor when he returns.

tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio
Holmgren says Pronger on bed rest for 3 days. Swelling around rt eye. Hope to return in about 10!days

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Crowds booing a bit we just ran into a hot goaltender again we've had a lot of good chances hopefully martins gone if this ends badly.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, Martin has checked out. Had to be remined by the assistant coach that there is only a minute and a bit left and they need to pull the goalie.

Edit: Markstom is insane.

Martin shouldn't go anywhere; the team in front of you is the one built by Gauthier. He decided that Hamrlik and Halpern weren't good enough to keep around, and resigned an injury prone and ageing defencemen. Cole I think deserves a bit of time and patience, but even then he's a huge risk .

It's silly to blame the coach for merely working with the pieces he's been given. And besides, who are the Habs going to bring in to replace him?

t0mp said:
BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Homer says Pronger will miss at last 10 days.

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Flyers will make Pronger wear visor when he returns.

tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio
Holmgren says Pronger on bed rest for 3 days. Swelling around rt eye. Hope to return in about 10!days

Out for a month.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Goodbye Jacques Martin!

bonesmccoy said:
Martin shouldn't go anywhere; the team in front of you is the one built by Gauthier. He decided that Hamrlik and Halpern weren't good enough to keep around, and resigned an injury prone and ageing defencemen. Cole I think deserves a bit of time and patience, but even then he's a huge risk .

It's silly to blame the coach for merely working with the pieces he's been given. And besides, who are the Habs going to bring in to replace him?

Why is this team playing so much worst than last year?

Red_Man

bonesmccoy said:

If you watched any habs game you would have an idea of what you're talkig about. We took 2 too many men penalties last game one on a 5 on 3 because lines change so much people don't know when to get on. He puts a 4th liner on our #1 PP instead of top 6 guys. He puts guys with FO %s of 30% on key faceoffs. Don't tell me none of this is his fault.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just can't catch a break. They played a decent game. Markstom was fantastic. Curious to see if there will be any coaching changes, probably not.

Also Cole, played his best game and got a lotof ice time.

After the no nonsense Booth trade right before an opening face off I heard that Tallon charges it the locker room before games now and hands out ass whoopins and makes violent threats.

Its all about changing the culture in South Florida.

MPW

epic_fail.jpg

habs for #1 pick!

You are right, I haven't watched the game. But even then, it's less than 15 games into the season, and you're clamouring to have him fired. It's as if Halak's playoff run really did go to your heads.

Manics

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
I saw him against the Caps which was his first career start. He looked nervous at first but settled in nicely. He looks huge in net and I think will be a good goalie at some point.

He has the potential to steal this game. I'd be worried.

You guys would have wanted Theo in net.
Damn you were bang on with this call captain. Good scouting there.

Solo

bonesmccoy said:

Don't you see the problem here though? The GM keeps acquiring offensive minded players while the coach is running a defensive oriented system.

Both should get the heave-ho, along with all the assistant coaches and Gainey.

MPW

lol @ JM

budaj was signalling the bench

assistant coach had to tell JM we have like 1 min left, time to take out golie

fire both PG and JM

Red_Man

SCHUEY F1 said:
Just can't catch a break. They played a decent game. Markstom was fantastic. Curious to see if there will be any coaching changes, probably not.

Also Cole, played his best game and got a lotof ice time.
This was a decent game for the team, Markstrom was standing on his head, its a moral victory but we need more then that right now.

bonesmccoy said:
You are right, I haven't watched the game. But even then, it's less than 15 games into the season, and you're clamouring to have him fired. It's as if Halak's playoff run really did go to your heads.
It's not just this game, its a culmination of his choices going back to last year, he's constantly making stupid decisions and trying to force players into a system that isn't effective anymore. It's worked because we've had great goal tending and a decent D corp that knew their place, but now that Price had a shaky start and we're done two big D its starting to crack.

Solo

The team Gauthier has built would be great for an up-tempo, aggressive forechecking offensive style game. But our coach has the exact opposite style. How can there be this much of a disconnect between the two?

Red_Man

Worst part about JM, is once we get a 1 goal lead, the team falls back and into a shell and gets pelted for 40 mins, he's too passive, and even if we come out of this slump and go on a 6 game winning streak and end up in the playoffs, I'll still want him replaced because he will never bring out the full potential of this team.

MPW

Red_Man said:
Worst part about JM, is once we get a 1 goal lead, the team falls back and into a shell and gets pelted for 40 mins, he's too passive, and even if we come out of this slump and go on a 6 game winning streak and end up in the playoffs, I'll still want him replaced because he will never bring out the full potential of this team.

agreed

seen that happen many times

Red_Man said:
jacques-martin.jpg

Solo

Mark my words: if Martin gets fired, IF, he will still be given until mid November to early December to ruin the season.

Solo

MPW said:
let him stay

dat #1 draft pick

Fuck that. There is nothing more pathetic in sports than intentionally tanking. Not to mention that there is literally no way to secure a #1 pick. A person who tanks a season for a chance that their lottery ball will be picked is a fucking moron.

Fire Martin and try to turn this shit around.

Solo

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Who would you guys want to replace JM?

How many times do I need to say Muller? We gave Carbo the head coaching job with NO experience, for chrissakes! But this is backwards ass Montreal, where we can't hire a head coach that doesn't speak French, so I fully expect the next coach of the Habs will be Marc Crawford or Bob Hartley :/

I don't get the Habs failures so far this season at all. They should be so much better than this. You guys need your own version of Peter Laviolette. Also, Michael Leighton. He saves seasons. Honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom