• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing Philly wasn't impressed with his bum shoulder so they cut him.

PG was too busy panicking as he tried to combat the shrewd Steckel trade by Burke that he lost focus.

ghostface

So apparently Stephen Harper asked the Jets to spot him 14 tickets to the home opener, at which point they told him to GTFO. :lol

Jets organization +1

Cactus

Banned
Did Edmonton ever get fined for knowingly trading injured players to LA? I guess LA wouldn't be too bummed since shedding salary was most important to them, but I think what they did was still illegal under NHL rules.

Anyway, I'm a Jets fan today even though I won't be able to watch the game.

...well, more specifically a Blake Wheeler fan since he's on both of my fantasy teams.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
CrankyJay said:
Fuck yeah interception Bills!

edit: LOL, wrong thread
Another ridiculous interception. I've seen a few Bills games this season and I don't know how they come up with some of those. Great ball awareness, much like many of the Habs fans in this thread.

ZeroGravity

Tonight is likely the one and only time I'll cheer for the Jets this season. Would be nice to see them win in their first game back.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Philly will be over the cap now that Betts is sent back, also over contract limit.

Slurmer

Banned
Red_Man said:
Apparently Philly will be over the cap now that Betts is sent back, also over contract limit.

get rid of shelley, problem solved (i think)

edit:: cap isn't the problem. contract limit is.

KernelPanic said:
Leafs won tonight because Ottawa let them. An ECHL team could have capitalized on those giveaways. I wouldn't celebrate or make bold predictions as fan of either team right now.

Yeah they totally let up in the 3rd period but this is where the almighty James Reimer was to supposed to show us why he's one of the greatest goalies in the NHL. Instead he got lit up for 5 goals.

Either the Leafs aren't as good as they say or Ottawa isn't as bad as they say.

Toronto is an average/bubble playoff team with no cap space. It will be amusing to watch as a good chunk of their team hits UFA within 2 years.

Only 2 games in so it's way early but that's how I see it right now.

iByDevH7aAG28.gif

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
ZeroGravity said:
Tonight is likely the one and only time I'll cheer for the Jets this season. Would be nice to see them win in their first game back.

Yeah, I think everyone outside of Montreal is rooting for the Jets in this game.

Wendel Clark said:

Which one is Kessel?

Red_Man

I'd prefer the Habs to win, but if they don't I won't feel bad, Jets fan deserve a win.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Red_Man said:
I'd prefer the Habs to win, but if they don't I won't feel bad, Jets fan deserve a win.

I feel different. I'm glad they are back, but I'm already sick of the coverage. I couldn't care less if they lose.

My bold prediction for the Winnipeg Jets is that they will have one of the better road records in the League and will barely miss the playoffs.

Red_Man

Cherry Milbury and stock may be idiots, but CBC kicks every other stations ass when it comes to their treatment to hockey, pure class and their montages / videos are unmatched.

Manics

Banned
ZeroGravity said:
All of Canada is rooting for the Jets. Hell even Habs fans want the Jets to win. Feel good story.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:
All of Canada is rooting for the Jets. Hell even Habs fans want the Jets to win. Feel good story.

Fuck that. Like I said above, glad they are back but I want the Habs to win. Maybe if they were playing someone else I would feel different, but not against my team.

MPW

Red_Man said:
I don't know who's more attractive Andrew Ladd or his gf.

bisexual *confirmed* :p

Manics said:

lolwut? no

will you be cheering for jets when it is jets vs leafs?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
MPW said:
what made them LOL so hard? just curious
I don't know why he would do this, but Kessel looks like he's faking. Maybe he's trying to get into that broad's pants. Or maybe he doesn't want anyone to know that he's a miserable person who's dead on the inside?

Solo

Finally done with turkey and relatives and all that Thanksgiving shit. Time for hockey!

MPW said:
fuck we just couldn't keep halpern now could we, PG?

Actually, the player we should have kept was Dominic Moore, the younger, faster, more talented version of Halpern we had the year before Halpern. We could have had him too, but he wanted a multi year deal and PG inexplicably balked.

Red_Man

Everyone just better keep their head up, cause the buff train will be rolling through trying to get some more excitement I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom