• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroGravity

MacAttack said:
You guys had your backup goalie on the back end of a double header and he held his own until the team in front of him started to break down. If it wasn't for some big Thomas saves the game would have been much closer. Tampa has a tough schedule early but that means more home games down the stretch. I would not be suprised to see them in the ECF again.
I know, but even with all that working against them tonight, I expected them to have a bit more fire to go out there and beat the team that eliminated them last year. Aside from St. Louis, no one really stepped up.

X26

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
He is pretty ugly, isn't he....

Solid win for the 'Hawks tonight. Bring on the Jets!

good luck, they'll be pretty fired up after being humiliated in their home/season/franchise opener

MPW

The line-up from practice:

Cole - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Desharnais - Darche
Weber - Engqvist - Moen

Subban - Gill
Gorges - Emelin
Spacek - Diaz

no more excuses for cole, time to deliver

MacAttack

ZeroGravity said:
I know, but even with all that working against them tonight, I expected them to have a bit more fire to go out there and beat the team that eliminated them last year. Aside from St. Louis, no one really stepped up.

Love St Louis, he played great tonight. Must have been cool for him to score his 300th goal against his former UVM teammate, Thomas.

MPW

The duration of Chris Campoli’s absence will be measured in MONTHS, not weeks.

no-darth_vader_thumb.jpg

That seals the deal for Detroit with that empty net by Datsyuk. 2 games that we should win and we do despite some bad play. Last game we played good to start and finished horribly, today we started bad and finished good.

Erdrick

If the Habs play *anything* like they did against the Leafs, they're gonna get destroyed. Not saying they will be, but they better step up if they want to come into our place and win. We're going to do our part and make sure this team knows what it feels like to have proper support behind them this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Erdrick said:
If the Habs play *anything* like they did against the Leafs, they're gonna get destroyed. Not saying they will be, but they better step up if they want to come into our place and win. We're going to do our part and make sure this team knows what it feels like to have proper support behind them this time.
If they play anything like they did against the leafs, against pretty much any team they're going to get destroyed.....really shitty effort from everyone excluding price, but I think they understand the pressure that will be on them tomorrow, and put on a decent effort. I just hope Bufyligen doesn't kill another one of our D-man aha.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well that was a fun game. While we looked a LOT better than Thursday, and played a full 60 minutes this time, we also clearly took advantage of a tired team (starting the season with back-to-back road games is pretty rough), but I'll take the win. I had never seen Seguin and Peverly play in person, and damn, they're fast. The second line looks great, too. And I got a fucking SCHEDULE MAGNET, the greatest giveaway item of all.

I'm thinking I would've been better off staying home and watching the Leafs, though. When will Kessel Showing Hart II: Electric Boogaloo hit the press?

geeko

Sharks are beasting tonight. What a great way to start the season. I want to see a Pavs hat trick tonight.

YEAAAAH!!!!

EDIT: AND THEY SCORE AGAIN, 6-1 FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!

zedge

So frustrating to watch...

And wow CBC can you get some new footage of Calgary that is not 5 fucking yeas old..

Didn't think I'd catch up live since I started the game a half hour late but I'm all caught up now and can join in on the fun! Holy shit the Sharks are on fire tonight! Damn they look good.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Epic Tales of Penis said:
Just imagine when the Leafs get all their guys back.

Those "good" teams are fucked.

Shit, I totally forgot. We have Tim Connolly, Nazem and CMac coming back soon. Gonna be interesting to see who gets cut to make room for those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom