• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Zombie James said:
How are the Devils playing under Peter DeBoer? is it safe to watch their games yet?

I don't know, but they're about to beat Carolina. My man Parise got two goals.

FOOTE

zedge said:
Yea thats true, I don't like these afternoon games, they are just weird, for hockey anyway.
I agree. I don't like them it's a weekend game, and even then I'd rather a night game.

Anyway, the smallish crowd is making a good bit of noise.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
"Hey look. I couldn't score against Reimer...but I scored on a Jet and beat an AHL defender in the process!"
Wasn't it against Johnny Oduya (30 years old, 382 games in the NHL)?

I guess it's hard to wait for the first pretty Toronto goal of the year.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Crosby meeting with doctors tomorrow, hopes to be cleared for contact. My facebook status is now "Cautiously erect".

ZeroGravity

Spire said:
Crosby meeting with doctors tomorrow, hopes to be cleared for contact. My facebook status is now "Cautiously erect".
He hasn't had any setbacks in awhile, right? Wonder if we could see him before the end of the month if all goes well.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
ZeroGravity said:
He hasn't had any setbacks in awhile, right? Wonder if we could see him before the end of the month if all goes well.

He's been skating as hard as he can and playing in scrimmages since the start of training camp and hasn't had any symptoms. He went on the road with the team this past week and practiced with them as well. Unless something weird shows up on the scans, I think everyone expects him to be cleared for contact. If he's still holding up after that, then yeah I wouldn't be shocked if he's playing before November. Things are looking pretty good right now.

snack said:
+1

Varly was huge this game.
The one thing about Boudreau that really bothered me last season and especially in the playoffs is how much he ballwashed Neuvirth. I honestly have always seen Neuvirth as a middle of the pack goalie who lacks the potential to steal games.

With Varly it's always been about his health but I've been predicting a huge season for him all summer long.

Varly>Neuvy.

belvedere

Junior Butler
FOOTE said:
I agree. I don't like them it's a weekend game, and even then I'd rather a night game.

Anyway, the smallish crowd is making a good bit of noise.

They're pretty loud on the radio stream.

Hopefully they'll re-air this on FSMW sometime tonight.

CrazedArabMan said:
He was solid against us last game, except for the two bombs dropped by Franzen and then Z, which there was no way he was going to stop those shots.
Never saw the game or hilights but I heard that those two shots were absolute lasers.

I hope Varly does well for the Avs this season.

moop1167

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Never saw the game or hilights but I heard that those two shots were absolute lasers.

I hope Varly does well for the Avs this season.

I hope he does well, but they still lose.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Question, I'm in Ontario and I have Center Ice, if a habs game is playing only on RDS will gamecenter show that or no because I can order it on rogers?

Manics

Banned
Kadri might be ready for Saturday! Just gets better and better!

Dance Nazem!!

2mg704n.gif

FOOTE

belvedere said:
They're pretty loud on the radio stream.

Hopefully they'll re-air this on FSMW sometime tonight.
Yeah, it wasn't a super small crowd. But you could tell it was less than the norm.

Nice to get the win, and really nice to see Arnott putting the puck in the net!

hauton

Top two centres out with injuries?
Best player on our team rusty from injury?
Second game of the season, not a chance that our starting goalie is worn out?

LETS PLAY THE SHAKY BACKUP WHO GIVES UP REBOUNDS JUICIER THAN A JUG OF TROPICANA!

*sigh* flames

belvedere

Junior Butler
FOOTE said:
Yeah, it wasn't a super small crowd. But you could tell it was less than the norm.

Nice to get the win, and really nice to see Arnott putting the puck in the net!

Definitely, glad to see him off to a good start. Just watched Stewart's goal, he's wicked with that backhand.

MacAttack

ZeroGravity said:
Colorado shutout Boston? The hell?
Apparently the Bruins are continuing the tradition of sleeping through the first period of matinee games. And of not giving Rask any scoring support. 35 saves for Rask and the goal was deflected off Chara's shin. Boo.

FOOTE

belvedere said:
Definitely, glad to see him off to a good start. Just watched Stewart's goal, he's wicked with that backhand.
I was in the car when Stewart scored, just saw it too. And you're right, that backhand was excellent. The Johnson trade is looking better and better.

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
Manics doesn't have enough saliva in his mouth for all the sack lathering he will owe Eller this year.
Love how after Thursday you were posting like you'd be neutered and now one win against a bottom feeder and you've magically grown back balls. You didn't see Leafs fans getting way too excited when we beat an average team for our first win.

Manics said:
Love how after Thursday you were posting like you'd be neutered and now one win against a bottom feeder and you've magically grown back balls. You didn't see Leafs fans getting way too excited when we beat an average team for our first win.
:lol :lol :lol

What's the most consecutive losses a team has had to open a season to make the playoffs? Jackets are 0-2 and I don't see them beating the canucks tonight.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
KoruptData said:
What's the most consecutive losses a team has had to open a season to make the playoffs? Jackets are 0-2 and I don't see them beating the canucks tonight.

It's an 82 game season, losing a few at the beginning isn't going to ruin their playoff shot. Teams fall apart or come together halfway through the season all the time. You really don't have a good idea of who is going to be in the playoffs until the back half of the season, and even then crazy things happen.

Solo

KoruptData said:

We live in a world where a team can go 5-0 and still miss the playoffs. Don't worry, man.

KoruptData said:

This isn't exactly consecutive losses to open a season, but last year Buffalo went 3-7-2 in October.

Solo

I'll be in Toronto sometime after hell freezes over but before the Leafs win the Cup. We'll definitely get together then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom