• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
brucewaynegretzky said:
Luongo/Schneider, Quick/Bernier, and Bryz/Bob disagree.

Luongo and Schneider maybe, but Johnson is much better than those other back-ups. He was .922 and 2.17 GA in 23 games last year.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
alexthekid said:
I had the first pick overall in my fantasy league, I went with a gut feeling and picked Geno, oh my god I feel stupid now.

He'll probably be back Tuesday, it's just residual soreness from last years injury.

Vega

CrazedArabMan said:
All you guys and your goalie pairings when all you need is Conklin!! :D
Haha i'll always have a soft spot for Conklin when he went on that epic run for Pittsburgh back in 08. He was awesome.

C Jones

Spire said:
He'll probably be back Tuesday, it's just residual soreness from last years injury.
Actually I heard it's unrelated to last years injury. In any case we should hopefully know more after this game.

Pens gotta get something out of this

Vega

Kinda wish we would have kept Morrow up for a few games before we sent him back. Could use a QB out there right now.

Vega

Yeah Pens obviously needed wingers. I think in the long run, it'll be one of those rare trades that both teams prosper.

Parch

Exciting finish in Edmonton. Kill the 5 and win the shootout. No Crosby or Malkin, but this was a feel good win for the youngsters.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Welp. It's a point, anyway.

Vega said:
Yeah Pens obviously needed wingers. I think in the long run, it'll be one of those rare trades that both teams prosper.

Yeah. Niskanen has been a surprise, he's just getting better and better. Neal works his ass off but just hasn't been able to sink'em consistently.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
3N16MA said:
Pens have 5 PTS = best team in NHL. I look on the bright side.

Coming out of a three game road trip with 5 points is certainly not bad, but scoring one goal against the fucking Oilers defense is.

Grimson, who is a lawyer in Nashville and played for the Kings and Ducks, said he was "stunned and perplexed" by Cherry's attack.

"I challenge Don to point to any news article where I've been quoted saying, first of all, that I am for an outright ban on fighting and, No. 2 , the role of enforcer somehow causes this lifelong addiction to drugs and alcohol," Grimson said in a telephone interview. "I've never said either of those things."

In fact, Grimson took issue with some in the hockey community who attempted to link the recent deaths of three enforcers. He had to retire because of post-concussion syndrome.

"I do take some comfort in that any informed hockey fan, hockey player up there recognizes that Don Cherry is just not somebody to be taken all that seriously," Grimson said. "Ever. And certainly any more.

"He's a little bit like that eccentric old uncle that sits down at the far end of the table at Christmas dinner and every now and then he breaks into the conversation and interrupts with something completely illogical and hard to comprehend. Then everybody goes back to the discussion, kind of shaking their head."

/truth

Socreges

Banned
Fleury/Johnson as best tandem in the NHL? You'd have to ignore Johnson's 11 preceding years of unspectacular goaltending and focus on one spell of 23 games, but sure why not.

Thomas/Rask, without question. Then Luongo/Schneider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom