• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

Pewp said:
Isn't that the reason why people enjoy watching him?

Great point and love your avatar! Cherry and Milbury may say stupid things but they never fail to grab peoples attention. Thats why the networks hire/employ them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Socreges said:
Fleury/Johnson as best tandem in the NHL? You'd have to ignore Johnson's 11 preceding years of unspectacular goaltending and focus on one spell of 23 games, but sure why not.

Thomas/Rask, without question. Then Luongo/Schneider.
Pretty much, only tandems that are made up of 2 #1 goalies, maybe Quick and Bernier too but they're kind of on the bubble.

3N16MA

Banned
Socreges said:
Fleury/Johnson as best tandem in the NHL? You'd have to ignore Johnson's 11 preceding years of unspectacular goaltending and focus on one spell of 23 games, but sure why not.

What exactly are you looking at with Schneider? 25-30 games and nothing more.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Socreges said:

wat. He's been solid for a long time, last year was not an anomaly.

Wendel Clark said:
I love Don Cherry

Don Cherry is the drunk uncle I never had.

Socreges

Banned
3N16MA said:
What exactly are you looking at with Schneider? 25-30 games and nothing more.
For sure. Without Johnson's history of average seasons. Maybe Johnson has found his groove at the age of 34 and will continue to put up excellent 20-game seasons. Dunno. But I'd be much more comfortable with Schneider as my backup. Anyway, let's attribute this to our individual biases and move on.

Spire said:
wat. He's been solid for a long time, last year was not an anomaly.
Right. Solid. In my words, unspectacular. We're talking about the best goalie tandems, not the many acceptable ones.

When the heck did this happen... :lol

epic-fail-photos-fail-me-once.gif

Quick

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
When the heck did this happen... :lol

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/epic-fail-photos-fail-me-once.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Around couple of years ago. Sabres still have the Slug logo on their jersey, and the Leafs already switched over to the one logo on centre ice.

[QUOTE=BigJonsson]WTF

The Leafs don't play until Saturday :|

Fucking NHL[/QUOTE]

Ugh I know. On the plus side, MacArthur's back on Saturday.

[IMG]http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/63/11/725502f442b6b9d825c878b962bd.jpeg

The hero Leafs Nation deserves.

Quick

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Maybe Timmy will be back too

I'm hearing he could. I'm not too worried about him yet.

I received an Atlanta Thrashers jersey (LOL) as a gift. Looking to get a Kane or Byfuglien on it. Antropov would be my oddball choice.

Quick said:
I'm hearing he could. I'm not too worried about him yet.

I received an Atlanta Thrashers jersey (LOL) as a gift. Looking to get a Kane or Byfuglien on it. Antropov would be my oddball choice.
I would definitely go with Ilya K. He will be the biggest memory of the franschise, looking back in the future.

Quick

Banned
alexthekid said:
I would definitely go with Ilya K. He will be the biggest memory of the franschise, looking back in the future.

Or yes, Kovalchuk. Completely forgot about the guy, haha.

Alucard

Banned
Pens pick up 5 points in 3 road games to start the season. Not bad at all, but they really should have had tonight's game against the Oilers.

RBH

Watching the Jets/MTL game off of my DVR right now.

First thoughts after Cammy scored:

"Yep, same old Thrashers."

Montresor

Oh and Dopey it warms my heart to see you remember my old username. =p

Here's me, waiting a week for a Leaf game. =/ At least there's going to be GREAT hockey tonight. Washington and Tampa on TSN2.

edit: TSN has hockey every day up to and including Thursday. Good lord.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Montresor said:
Oh and Dopey it warms my heart to see you remember my old username. =p

Here's me, waiting a week for a Leaf game. =/ At least there's going to be GREAT hockey tonight. Washington and Tampa on TSN2.

It'll be my first live hockey game in 1 and a half seasons. It's also the first time I won't be in the nosebleed seats.

Socreges

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
Schneider starts. :loluongo
Interesting. Not a back-to-back. No way Luongo is tired. Just them wanting to get Schneider in right away. I'm thinking it's win-win for them since they trust him in goal and the more games he plays, the better he is as trade-bait.

ghostface said:
No Tim Connolly?
They put the plaques where the players spent the most time. Connolly's is up in the pressbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom