• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Emerson said:
As a Penguins fan, they really are a pretty average team without Malkin and Crosby.

We just played shit tonight. That first period was fucking embarrassing. We got more momentum as time went on but couldn't overcome those two initial goals. We usually play much better than that, with or without Crosby and Malkin (or Orpik. Or Jeffrey, god one of our centers needs to get back so we can get fucking Letestu out of there).

CrankyJay said:
Even so, that's the worst fucking rule in the NHL.

Yup, wish the refs could use their judgement and see that it wasn't on purpose but a lot of times they probably wouldn't be able to really tell.

CrankyJay

Banned
demosthenes said:
Yup, wish the refs could use their judgement and see that it wasn't on purpose but a lot of times they probably wouldn't be able to really tell.

I mean, look, he was deflecting an opponents pass. That was a bad call.

Fei

CrankyJay said:
I'm really missing Center Ice right now. Promised myself I'd save $80 bucks and buy it at the half season point.

Do you have Fios? They're doing a free preview for a couple weeks. I think it's convinced me to order this year after stopping last year.

Fei

CrankyJay said:
Time Warner. LOL.

Eh, at least you get Sabres in HD. Can't believe Fios still hasn't been able to acquire MSG HD in the three years I've had it. Honestly I thought of switching back to TWC this year just for that.

zedge

Flames deserved to lose, they were flat in the second and third. Some great saves by Reimer too.
Very trypical Flames game, start off in the lead then blow it, sit back then in last few min play like you decided try and win..Sigh

Manics

Banned
Reimer won us this game. When it was 2-0 he held his ground and let the Leafs take over. We were dopey after that week break in the first period, but luckily Leafs settled down.

Cactus

Banned
zedge said:
Flames deserved to lose, they were flat in the second and third. Some great saves by Reimer too. Sigh
Great game though. Calgary put up a fight, and it got pretty tense at the end there.

Alucard

Banned
Epic Tales of Penis said:
The Caps have to be the worst ever looking team in the history of the NHL to start the season 4-0.

I still think Boudreau won't last the season,

Agree on the Caps' lucky/sloppy 4-0 start, but Boudreau will stay as long as they keep racking up points.

Lf2fr.png

KESSELMANIA RUNNIN WILD

Cactus

Banned
@ Epic Tales of Penis

I have to say, you really called the Avs having a great start. I had them pegged as bottom feeders, but it looks like they could possibly be a playoff team if they can shore up their defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom