• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
j0P3g.png

pc5zW.png

And Montreal lost, haha.

Solo

The way Price played tonight, the shooutout result was no surprise. Still though, I think thats about as happy as I'll ever be with a shootout loss. The guys showed a ton of heart tonight in erasing 3 leads, all 3 rookie (Weber, Emelin and Diaz) D-men played great, Patches/DD/Eller/Pleks were outstanding.

Our downfall tonight was Subban's brainfarts and Price's worst game in a very long time, and Varly making the timely saves Price didn't.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Oh well. Very entertaining game. The line changes worked. Just some errors on D and Price weak tonight was the difference.

Solo

Up next, Sabres then Pens. Gonna be two tough ones. I think Budaj gets the next start. Too bad Cammy won't be back for the Pittsburgh game. He owns the Pens.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's scary that kessel is a +7

Wtfisupwiththat

Actually... It would be great if the grabo line would start to heat up... They were screwing up their puck possession all night long

Solo

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Two more losses for the Habs.

When do they play the Jets next?

Next Saturday, or at least a Jets-calibre team in the Leafs. I predict Manics goes into cadiac arrest for the all the blood Eller is going to send to his nether regions.

Solo said:
Next Saturday, or at least a Jets-calibre team in the Leafs. I predict Manics goes into cadiac arrest for the all the blood Eller is going to send to his nether regions.
You predicted 5-1 Habs against the Leafs last time.

6-1 this time?

MPW

Solo said:
Oh, and MPW, Cole was one of our best forwards tonight.

thats nice

did he score?

moen has more goals than him, f'n MOEN

Epic Tales of Penis said:
You predicted 5-1 Habs against the Leafs last time.

6-1 this time?

he also predicted cole would score last game vs flames

so far 0 goals for 4.5m cole

Solo

Leafs 3-0, Kessel beasting, Leafs fans acting like they know what swagger is....why does this seem so familiar?

MPW said:
thats nice

did he score?

moen has more goals than him, f'n MOEN

Not Cole's fault that Moen is a future 41 goal scorer.

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
Yeah Eller has been un-fuckin-stoppable man. Wow.

Puddles

Banned
Glad to see the Kings get a win over a tough opponent. The New Jersey game was really disappointing, so it's a relief to see them get this one.

Hope the Doughty injury isn't anything serious.

DopeyFish

Puddles said:
Glad to see the Kings get a win over a tough opponent. The New Jersey game was really disappointing, so it's a relief to see them get this one.

Hope the Doughty injury isn't anything serious.

NHL.com says 7-10 days for doughty

Phaneuf was a +3 in this game! Not bad for a guy I'd written off last year. 26 minutes too.

Schenn still has to improve so much. I think a lot of us overrated him simply because he was the only bright spot in our defence for about 2 years. It looks like his minutes are being dialed down.

edit: The Habs had 20 shots in the first period. And it looks like Subban is still being overused. 25 minutes is too much for him.

Socreges

Banned
Cactus said:
@ Epic Tales of Penis

I have to say, you really called the Avs having a great start. I had them pegged as bottom feeders, but it looks like they could possibly be a playoff team if they can shore up their defence.
They had a similar start last year. In fact, they were 19-10-4 at one point... and finished as the second worst team in the league.

You had them pegged as bottom feeders. I don't see why you would even consider changing that after just 5 games.

Manics

Banned
Montresor said:
Jesus Christ you're cold-blooded tonight. :lol
I have to call a spade a spade. MPW is the only level headed Habs fan who doesn't ballwash guys for nothing. Do you see me praising Mike Brown as our best forward tonight?

Cactus

Banned
Socreges said:
They had a similar start last year. In fact, they were 19-10-4 at one point... and finished as the second worst team in the league.

You had them pegged as bottom feeders. I don't see why you would even consider changing that after just 5 games.
I'm not changing my opinion, I'm just surprised they've been so good so early. I wasn't aware that they had a great start least season too. I think their defence is a glaring weakness, personally.

Snaku

Banned
Jesus Christ Downie! 17 minutes in the sin bin?! That's almost an entire period! What the fuck have you done tonight?

DopeyFish

bonesmccoy said:
Phaneuf was a +3 in this game! Not bad for a guy I'd written off last year. 26 minutes too.

Schenn still has to improve so much. I think a lot of us overrated him simply because he was the only bright spot in our defence for about 2 years. It looks like his minutes are being dialed down.

Komisarek and phaneuf are both showing up Schenn this year

I've been happy with komisarek- I just hope they put Gardiner back with him...

And gunnarsson... Dude is so good

I love our D corps

Solo

Manics said:
Keep hoping Solo, you'll just make yourself look more stupid as the season wears on and you have no ammo left. You can dish it out but you can't take it.

lol

Take what? The rantings and ravings of a closeted gay man on the internet?

Montresor

This colour commentator is HORRIBLE. Where is Weekes? And I realized I've complained about him but I already miss Weekes. This other guy is obnoxiously loud.

Cactus

Banned
DopeyFish said:
Komisarek and phaneuf are both showing up Schenn this year

I've been happy with komisarek- I just hope they put Gardiner back with him...

And gunnarsson... Dude is so good

I love our D corps
I think Gardiner might get sent to the Marlies. He's going to be a great player, but Franson came in and had a bigger impact, so maybe Gardiner goes down and plays a tonne of minutes.

Gunnarsson is really good. The guy has so much poise out there. Definitely an underrated player.

Manics

Banned
Cactus said:
I think Gardiner might get sent to the Marlies. He's going to be a great player, but Franson came in and had a bigger impact, so maybe Gardiner goes down and plays a tonne of minutes.

Gunnarsson is really good. The guy has so much poise out there. Definitely an underrated player.
I've been high on Gunnar for awhile and keep getting worried when his name comes up in trade talks. Other teams know he's good and want him. Luckily Double-B would pull out the shears in any proposed deal.

Montresor

Yeah Gardiner just lost his job. Franson played way too well.

Aulie and Gardiner on the first pairing on the Marlies. I might get tickets.

Manics

Banned
Montresor said:
Yeah Gardiner just lost his job. Franson played way too well.

Aulie and Gardiner on the first pairing on the Marlies. I might get tickets.
/depth

can't believe we have 2 guys like that on the Marlies. Holy fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom