• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Cactus said:
I'm not changing my opinion, I'm just surprised they've been so good so early.
But that's always when shitty teams impress.

And good if you're sticking put. "I had them pegged as bottom-feeders, but" had me wondering. :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What are you guys talking about? Franson was playing awful... Kept playing protective and kept giving away the puck

Kept shooting the puck from all the worst spots

I never saw Gardiner make the mistakes franson was making tonight

Solo

Hey Manics, fancy a one month avatar bet? If the Habs aren't above the Leafs and Kessel isn't out of the Top 10 in league scoring by December 1, you sport the avatar of my choice. If the Leafs are still ahead of the Habs and Kessel is in the Top 10 as of December 1, I sport one of your choice for a month. If we split the categories, its a draw.

Up for it?

Well with how this game was in the middle, I'm happy we are going to at least get a point out of this game, maybe we can squeeze out a win here still as we have kinda dominated for most of this game.

Manics

Banned
Solo said:
Hey Manics, fancy a one month avatar bet? If the Habs aren't above the Leafs and Kessel isn't out of the Top 10 in league scoring by December 1, you sport the avatar of my choice. If the Leafs are still ahead of the Habs and Kessel is in the Top 10 as of December 1, I sport one of your choice for a month. If we split the categories, its a draw.

Up for it?
I'll take that bet. Leafs will be ahead of Habs but Kessel won't be in top 10, so it'll be a split.

Cactus

Banned
Socreges said:
And good if you're sticking put. "I had them pegged as bottom-feeders, but" had me wondering. :p

Yup, definitely sticking put. I also predicted that the Devils would be bottom feeders despite Parise returning, and I'm sticking with that one as well.

Quick

Banned
DopeyFish said:
What are you guys talking about? Franson was playing awful... Kept playing protective and kept giving away the puck

Kept shooting the puck from all the worst spots

I never saw Gardiner make the mistakes franson was making tonight

I'll chalk it up to tonight being Franson's first game of the season, but I wouldn't say awful, just subpar.

Solo

Zombie James said:
Leafs should trade up for high-end, NHL talent. Like, Grabovski and Kessel for Gomez and Mathieu Darche.

Why would we take back a piece of trash we already disposed of once and Wellwood's just-as-fat-but-slightly-retarded cousin?

Solo

SuperSonic1305 said:
You're saying Aulie (who was on the top d pairing last season) and Gardiner are not NHL worthy?

I don't even know who these guys are. They could be local beer league players for all I know.

pringles

Ok either the Wings finally score on a PP this season and wins the game, or they most likely lose in a shootout to a Minnesota team that does not deserve 1 point and definitely not 2.

Solo

Manics said:
Lars Eller "the Great Stain" says hello.

You're just made that you don't have a prospect with as much promise. Kadri is a bust man.

2IMoX.gif

pringles said:
Ok either the Wings finally score on a PP this season and wins the game, or they most likely lose in a shootout to a Minnesota team that does not deserve 1 point and definitely not 2.

I'm going with option 2 in that we lose in a shoot out.

pringles

It wasn't pretty but it was a PP goal and we're 4-0!

...if it passes the review.

edit: good goal! and one of the most hilariously weird goals I've seen in a long time.

It's Good!!!!

Makes up for the Tigers completely sucking and letting in 9 runs in one inning and most likely ending this series on a terrible note.

But who cares because hockey is on and Detroit is 4 and 0 to start the season!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Horton did something! Boychuk too!

Cactus

Banned
Solo said:
You're just made that you don't have a prospect with as much promise. Kadri is a bust man.
ELLER (22):
NHL - 84GP 19P = 0.23 points per game
AHL - 70GP 57P = 0.81 points per game

KADRI (21):
NHL - 30GP 12P = 0.40 points per game
AHL - 44GP 41P = 0.93 points per game

Solo

Fucking long season ahead for Winnipeg fans, lolz.

Cactus said:
ELLER (22):
NHL - 84GP 19P = 0.23 points per game
AHL - 70GP 57P = 0.81 points per game

KADRI (21):
NHL - 30GP 12P = 0.40 points per game
AHL - 44GP 41P = 0.93 points per game

You see though, Kadri has peaked. Not gonna get any better. Eller is still on the upswing.

Manics

Banned
Solo is talking trash for trash sake at this point. His entire team is playing like chumps so he has nothing. I told him long ago he needs Price to be super human for the Habs to win. My astute observations are showing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom