• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

iLLmAtlc

Hate to say it but I'm not surprised. You can tell how badly Gillis was cornered with the cap, buy out window and luongos comments that this was going to end ugly either way. Every gm knows that gillis can't goto next season with both so there's no way they will break out the bank for either one when the worst case scenario is they'll go after luongo on waivers or free agency if they can't get a deal done, not to mention the number of solid goalies available in FA.

It keeps on giving.

Pretty clearly they made that deal on the draft floor. Not like they were going to call him on the floor and then abruptly hang up to go announce their pick.

Hate to say it but I'm not surprised. You can tell how badly Gillis was cornered with the cap, buy out window and luongos comments that this was going to end ugly either way. Every gm knows that gillis can't goto next season with both so there's no way they will break out the bank for either one when the worst case scenario is they'll go after luongo on waivers or free agency if they can't get a deal done, not to mention the number of solid goalies available in FA.

Yeah, the deal was essentially Schneider for the 9th + 4m in cap space. Basically an NBA deal.

Silexx

Hey Cake Boss, you may not be a fan of Lazar, but he may be a fan of yours:

James Duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie 2m

Curtis Lazar, 17th to the Sens, seconds after our interviews ends: "Hey, can you get some of that cake Buddy made?" #sensgotahungryplayer

calder

Someone take Shinkaruk so I can stop daydreaming about the Jets trading some second rounders to move up to nab him.

Rychel? Huh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
These GMs should not be announcing these picks. Do they do this to protect Bettman's fragile feelings?

WINGS TAKE SHINKARUK.

Won't happen, but one can hope.

I was about to ask why you liked it. Columbus are getting a great haul today. Them and Buffalo.

I knew it wasn't the Rangers picking, but this is a guy I would have liked for them to take if this was still their pick

Still happy to have Rick Nash

the girl with Mantha - Holler at me

pringles

As always I know nothing about most of these prospects, but I like that we picked a big guy that is a goalscorer.

But I'm looking forward to our later round picks to see who our future superstars are.

Top Bottom