• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Socreges

Banned
he was a big part of anime gaf

He was the second member on GAF.
GAF goes back well past 2004. He just registered second (after EviLore) during the latest iteration. But if you were to go back to the beginning I'm sure he'd be there somewhere.

Never met him or anything but just from interactions on GAF and the occasional online PC game he was a great person. Damn shame.
Absolutely. He and scorcho, actually, were the two posters I admired the most (and I let them both know). Can't believe they've both passed away.

Does anyone know what happened to Hitokage?

Funny you mention this because I feel the same way sometimes.

On a personal note, I mentioned about feeling really down and depressed about a recent event and NHL-GAF made me feel better with words of encouragement. I usually like to split internet and real life into two sides, but it helped.

psych-shawn-gus-fist-bumps.gif

TUSR

Banned
GAF goes back well past 2004. He just registered second (after EviLore) during the latest iteration. But if you were to go back to the beginning I'm sure he'd be there somewhere.

Oh yeah I know, he was instrumental in the transfer process to NeoGAF.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think I'm gonna need to somehow make this my avatar

if someone can make this avatarable and put the Canucks in it somehow, it'd be much appreciated.

aXGt1UJ.jpg

Sanjuro

Not a single correct ranking here, it goes:

Ralph>Leo>Mikey>>>>>>Donnie

When I was a kid it was more like:

Leo=Mikey>Ralph>>>>>>Donnie.

Either way, Donnie like Billy the blue Power Ranger sucks.

The rankings don't work because every iteration of the franchise varies for me.

I think I'm gonna need to somehow make this my avatar

if someone can make this avatarable and put the Canucks in it somehow, it'd be much appreciated.

aXGt1UJ.jpg

Just change girlfriend to Stanley Cup and photoshop Kassian's face on it, done.

TMNT blows
Thought it was lame as hell as a kid

Turtles suck.

A 3rd faction appears!!

Never was a TMNT fan growing up or even any other stuff like that (power rangers, comics, etc...). Though I was a LEGO fiend, that was my entertainment back in the day.

Never really got into TMNT.

I can never remember which one is which.

I don't even remember their names at all.

Edit: Wow, apparently some 18 y/o girl was possibly abducted in my township after stopping to help someone on the side of the road last night, scary stuff when this doesn't happen at all in my area.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Donatello has by far the best range out of all of the turtles in the Konami beat-em-ups, so he is by default the best. Followed by Leo, then Mike, then Raph in way way last.

Sanjuro

Donatello has by far the best range out of all of the turtles in the Konami beat-em-ups, so he is by default the best. Followed by Leo, then Mike, then Raph in way way last.

Raph was pretty dominant in Turtles in Time due to his speed and special attacks.

I loved TMNT as a kid. Of course some steaming pile of shit with Michael Bay's name on it and Megan Fox will blow. I started out with the original Mirage comics, not the kiddified shit we got later.

Leo>Raph>Donnie>Mike

Leo was my favorite- Leader and all and you can't beat 2 katanas. Always found it amusing how he didn't kill anyone in pretty much any iteration. Should have been limbs on the floor everywhere.

Close second and maybe even tied for #1 is Raph. How the hell can anyone not like Raph? Attitude and badass all in one. I always played him in the beat-em ups and I kicked ass. He's a prick but he cares. Plus he has the best line ever uttered in TMNT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg6udLhqxxc

Donnie- Eh he's a nerd and funny, wish they'd do more with him.

Mikey- always found him annoying. He's only used for comic relief pretty much while great gets old.

Read some of the comments from people who saw it ... and yeah not surprised. I think I'll rewatch TMNT 1990, even the CGI film is more authentic.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Funny you mention this because I feel the same way sometimes.

On a personal note, I mentioned about feeling really down and depressed about a recent event and NHL-GAF made me feel better with words of encouragement. I usually like to split internet and real life into two sides, but it helped.

Yet when we ask you to meet us in real life.... <_<

Kave_Man isn't really a cat, but he is a pussy!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I finally did it.

I signed up and paid to take my first steps into the world of ice hockey.

The league I was recommended has a beginners program so I obviously joined that. It doesn't start until November so I have a few months to try to remember how to skate.

I'm pretty nervous yet excited about this. Hockey isn't very big in my family with right now my 10 year old cousin and now me being the only people who have/will actually step onto the ice.

I hope I like it.

Curufinwe

That's really cool. I always wanted to play, but it was never a practical option.

Oh wow. That made me go take a look and Vinny and Streit are the only two older than me. :-(

That does mean the Flyers only have five players in their 30s.

Streit
Vinny
Umberger
Schultz
Umberger

So I finally did it.

The league I was recommended has a beginners program so I obviously joined that. It doesn't start until November so I have a few months to try to remember how to skate.

I'm pretty nervous yet excited about this. Hockey isn't very big in my family with right now my 10 year old cousin and now me being the only people who have/will actually step onto the ice.

I hope I like it.

AH YEAH KAVE!!!! If you need any help there are plenty of us here that play that can help you out.

GAF Pickup Game Now!!!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally did it.

I hope I like it.
The next PK...!

calder

Is anyone watching the Can/Czech exhibition right now? Sounds like a gong show. Shockingly, Domi is involved in the shenanigans.

Also, Comrie got lit up a bit in the first half. One of the 4 he let in was during a 5on3 though.

calder

You're so old Ken Holland wouldn't sign you.

I'm right in his wheelhouse! In fact, I'm mulling over a 3 year offer from the Wings right now. Money is ok, but the third year is a club option, and the limited NMC isn't quite what I want. Also, I don't want Crazed to be mad at me for months on end.

I'm right in his wheelhouse! In fact, I'm mulling over a 3 year offer from the Wings right now. Money is ok, but the third year is a club option, and the limited NMC isn't quite what I want. Also, I don't want Crazed to be mad at me for months on end.

Even if you don't know how to play hockey, you're still an upgrade over Cleary.

Top Bottom