• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cowboy Bebop is the only anime worth watching.

BUT TUSR SAYS NO

C8QBVCk.jpg

Smiley90

What. The. Fuck. That's all I've been playing for the last year. What a load of garbage.

It's gonna be in it. BJ is just throwing out rumours. It hasn't been confirmed yet so some people are taking it as confirmed to NOT be in it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's gonna be in it. BJ is just throwing out rumours. It hasn't been confirmed yet so some people are taking it as confirmed to NOT be in it.
It's hard to believe they would omit it, there's a pretty big community that only plays EASHL.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
EASHL is an online league where you and your friends can make a team consisting of your created players that you're locked into controlling.

Ok so just to be clear...Is it one team that we all pool our created players on? Or is it we each pick a team and otherwise it's like a sim league? Like if your leafs and I'm nucks we play each other when our teams meet? Granted I haven't played since I think nhl 06 but I recall doing this in the past with my bro where we'd each be a team and sim our game till we played each other then faced off. Maybe without the sim part though. Seems dumb to remove feature either way but it is EA lol

Ok so just to be clear...Is it one team that we all pool our created players on? Or is it we each pick a team and otherwise it's like a sim league? Like if your leafs and I'm nucks we play each other when our teams meet? Granted I haven't played since I think nhl 06 but I recall doing this in the past with my bro where we'd each be a team and sim our game till we played each other then faced off. Maybe without the sim part though. Seems dumb to remove feature either way but it is EA lol

Up to 6 people play at once with created characters each playing one position the entire game

Smiley90

nah EASHL you have your own custom-made player that you develop by beating teams full of other custom-made players controlled by human players.

The other has been in... uh... since NHL13, called GM Connected, which is basically you pick real teams full of actual players (either with randomized rosters or not) and you play them like the Be a GM mode against other people. You can either just sim all games or play them out. We've tried leagues with that, too.

nah EASHL you have your own custom-made player that you develop by beating teams full of other custom-made players controlled by human players

Or enjoying the ride before hitting the A- wall, in your case.

don't worry, you'll start scoring and winning faceoffs some day

no you won't. You have... 3 weeks to get an A-.

You'd have to play LW to save your team play from lost faceoffs and you'd have to start scoring or getting a ton of assists to save your stats grade.

Erdrick

The Canucks hired Perry Pearn as an assistant coach.

They may as well get the 1st overall pick now, he was horrible for us on both Jets teams.

Red_Man

I can't decide between the One and PS4....I've been an Xbox guy for a while, what are the big name exclusives for both besides Sunset Over Drive, and how big are the user bases for both thus far? I'd like to get the system with the most people on it. I'll be checking out Gamescom this morning to see if there's anything that can sell me on the X1. I'll be buying the system of choice next week probably.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ps4 is definitely more popular though Sony hasn't given numbers since 7 million in April and Ms is doing the X box family thing and using shipped numbers iirc. Exclusive wise for xbone there's forza, sunset, quantum break, peggle 2, ryse, halo collection. Obviously some of these have or will come to pc so if you game there too i dunno if it'd be worth it.

Ps4 has kill zone, infamous, blood borne, the order, uncharted, indies out the ass, drive club, deep down, gt eventually etc

I'm sure I've missed some on both sides so I'm sure people will add to the lists

Red_Man

Yea, none of that stuff really piques my interest. I would like to play TLoU, and I guess just whichever system has the most Gaffers since none of my friends really game anymore. Is there a list here of what system everyone has? Seems like a large contingent of NHL-Gaf is on the PS4.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I dunno. Zedge and I think fubar are the only I recall with an X bone. Ps4 is Def in the lead. I agree both sides current exclusives leave a bit to be desired(day blood borne though next year) though Sony historically has more, and more varied exclusives. Esp now that Ms lost n/a I doubt they'll get many 3rd party exclusives this gen. He'll they don't even get the best versions due to hardware.

Yeah I dunno. Zedge and I think fubar are the only I recall with an X bone. Ps4 is Def in the lead. I agree both sides current exclusives leave a bit to be desired(day blood borne though next year) though Sony historically has more, and more varied exclusives. Esp now that Ms lost n/a I doubt they'll get many 3rd party exclusives this gen. He'll they don't even get the best versions due to hardware.

Yeah I have one. I enjoy it.

19 & 21 has one as well I'm pretty sure. Unless he got rid of it.

Kind of disappointing to hear about the EASHL stuff. I doubt it's true but it really isn't a big deal to me. I've played maybe five games on it since it was introduced a few years back. Not my type of thing.

Red_Man

Does PS4 support .mkv's? If it doesn't, Microsoft just may have sold me on the X1. I use my console for watching all my shows / movies, having .mkv support is huge for me.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've got an Xbone, but I don't play it much right now. The launch window games are still too expensive to buy when they don't really interest me all that much in the first place, and nothing has come out lately except the Destiny Beta.

I preordered NHL, Halo, and Sunset Overdrive though.

Red_Man

I'm more out of the loop in gaming then I thought, I just realized Phil Harrison is the old Playstation guy.

zroid

Banned
Does PS4 support .mkv's? If it doesn't, Microsoft just may have sold me on the X1. I use my console for watching all my shows / movies, having .mkv support is huge for me.

Not sure if you would consider this worthwhile, but the video contained in mkv files is usually compatible with most standard media players (like PS3 for example). It is a pretty straightforward process to transplant the video into something compatible like a mp4 or a ts. You may find tsMuxeR useful.

Samyy

I'm more out of the loop in gaming then I thought, I just realized Phil Harrison is the old Playstation guy.

I'm more surprised they still let him speak - he was the one that started the shit storm around the Xbox Ones policies while doing post conference interviews lol

Red_Man

Not sure if you would consider this worthwhile, but the video contained in mkv files is usually compatible with most standard media players (like PS3 for example). It is a pretty straightforward process to transplant the video into something compatible like a mp4 or a ts. You may find tsMuxeR useful.
I had no idea about this, thanks. I'll definitely look into it as I'm leaning PS4 anyways.

I'm more surprised they still let him speak - he was the one that started the shit storm around the Xbox Ones policies while doing post conference interviews lol
Seems really odd they brought him on at all.

Samyy

I had no idea about this, thanks. I'll definitely look into it as I'm leaning PS4 anyways.

Seems really odd they brought him on at all.

He's still a senior executive in the business essential with a lot of industry experience, they're aren't too many high level execs on the market with experience in the console business.

Oh also Sony announced a while ago they're working on DLNA and media stuff but no codecs yet, maybe they'll mention it today?

Red_Man

True. Have to remind myself, these guys don't talk to each other like some of the fanboys here do.

That was a really underwhelming conference from a neutral bystander..... nothing they showed really got my interest.

Samyy

True. Have to remind myself, these guys don't talk to each other like some of the fanboys here do.

That was a really underwhelming conference from a neutral bystander..... nothing they showed really got my interest.

Europe is Sonyland, MS has tried for many years to break in there but it makes sense for them to save big stuff for E3 since that's where their fans are.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol the femcharted thread is 26 pages already. That's good about mkv support. Hope Sony follows suit. Luckily my TV can play Em but would be nice to have more options.

Top Bottom