• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Had more fun playing the newest Tomb Raider than the previous 3 Uncharteds. Story definitely not as good, but I would rather have TRs gameplay. Mkv support is nice for X1.

zroid

Banned
The most surprising thing about this incident to me is that people care so much about the new Tomb Raider

Good snatch by MS I guess

Socreges

Banned
Never played the last Tomb Raider. Looked pretty derivative. I'll try it eventually.

I'm also surprised at the reaction. Did the last one sell that well that it'll affect console sales?

Also lol @ the shameless PR statement

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Let's just say... i was asked a question similar to this "do you think there's any possible way to convince anyone that mkv has a legitimate use, or is it mainly anime and piracy"

Aaaaaand when you put it that way i really only had one answer to that question and right there and then... mkv never came to be on xbox.

Samyy

Never played the last Tomb Raider. Looked pretty derivative. I'll try it eventually.

I'm also surprised at the reaction. Did the last one sell that well that it'll affect console sales?

Also lol @ the shameless PR statement

It sold 6.5mil across all platforms but it was highly skewed towards Playstation systems so they're probably hoping to get some Playstation gamers buying the console.

TUSR

Banned
Let's just say... i was asked a question similar to this "do you think there's any possible way to convince anyone that mkv has a legitimate use, or is it mainly anime and piracy"

Aaaaaand when you put it that way i really only had one answer to that question and right there and then... mkv never came to be on xbox.

you literally ruined anime

QUANTUM BREAK!!!

Seriously though, looks good, want to see more though, reactions overall seemed in the mixed pot but I fully trust Remedy, hopefully they show off some more this week, usually the in depth previews after the show give better impressions.

Also I won't lie, I'm enjoying the Tomb Raider meltdowns mainly for the entertainment purposes it is providing me. Funny thing is is that I played the other Tomb Raider on PC and loved it, kinda sucks it won't be there again. We'll probably get the same thing later today on in the opposite direction when they mention No Man's Sky has a PS exclusive or something, if that happens it will be interesting to see the reactions the other way.

Edit: Apparently Cboat just said it's timed, so we'll wait and see.

Samyy

QUANTUM BREAK!!!

Seriously though, looks good, want to see more though, reactions overall seemed in the mixed pot but I fully trust Remedy, hopefully they show off some more this week, usually the in depth previews after the show give better impressions.

Also I won't lie, I'm enjoying the Tomb Raider meltdowns mainly for the entertainment purposes it is providing me. Funny thing is is that I played the other Tomb Raider on PC and loved it, kinda sucks it won't be there again. We'll probably get the same thing later today on in the opposite direction when they mention No Man's Sky has a PS exclusive or something, if that happens it will be interesting to see the reactions the other way.

No Mans was announced PS4/PC
Its a different scenario really because they took a multiplatform title and paid to keep it off other platforms.

Yepppppp, and PC was the leading platform too, right?

Yep I think so

No Mans was announced PS4/PC
Its a different scenario really because they took a multiplatform title and paid to keep it off other platforms.

Yep I think so

I forgot they announced No Man's Sky for PC too.

Well shinobi and cboat are both saying timed for tr 2 which fits with the whole 2015 X box exclusive.

Yup, it will probably be similar to how Destiny has exclusive content for about a year for PS, except this will be a full game.

Samyy

Crazed you don't have to try and spin this so hard
Exclusive costumes and weapons are a lot different then paying to keep a game off other platforms for 6 months to a year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man that white boner looks sexy. Just replace that insomniac crap with NhL 15 or Destiny and put it out for 349$ and you got my monies MS.

Crazed you don't have to try and spin this so hard
Exclusive costumes and weapons are a lot different then paying to keep a game off other platforms for 6 months to a year.

I don't have to spin it at all, all I'm trying to say is...

SUCK IT PS4 AND PC CROWD, BOW DOWN TO THE ALL MIGHTY POWER OF THE CLOUD AND XB1!! BOW DOWN I SAY!!!! YOU ALL LAUGHED AT US WITH YOUR SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY, BUT WHO IS LAUGHING NOW, YOUR TEARS ARE SO SALTY BUT THEY TASTE OH SOOOOO GOOD!

Seriously though, I'm just enjoying the reactions on gaming side right now and how they are providing me with great entertainment. I just saw it the same as the Destiny thing, but yes as I stated, this is a full game vs content which is way different, but the overall model of holding game/content off for a long time is the same.

Curufinwe

Yup, it will probably be similar to how Destiny has exclusive content for about a year for PS, except this will be a full game.

Might be another Ninja Gaiden II situation.

SE are getting a ton of shit, but it might well be a smart move for them if they are getting substantial money from MS up front, avoid coming out on the PS4 at the same time as Uncharted 4, and then get to release on PC and PS4 in a soft spot of the schedule in 2016. It doesn't bother me if it is exclusive for ever because I'm 90% sure I will have an Xbone in 2016 for Scalebound, and while I liked TR 2013, I don't need to play RotTR at launch.

SE could eat a lot of crow if the XB1 is still lagging in sales come Holiday 2015. But 1.5 years is a long time and they must've gotten a lot of money upfront. Who knows, they could backtrack come E3 next year.

I wonder if the reaction is similar to Final Fantasy on the 360.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SE could eat a lot of crow if the XB1 is still lagging in sales come Holiday 2015. But 1.5 years is a long time and they must've gotten a lot of money upfront. Who knows, they could backtrack come E3 next year.

I wonder if the reaction is similar to Final Fantasy on the 360.

FFXIII was still released simultaneously on the PS3, though. And I'm pretty sure that everybody knows there will be a "Rise of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" on all platforms within 12 months of the game's release anyway, so the whole thing is just silly.

Meanwhile, Sony's show just now was chock full of super interesting looking games. And it's just nice in general to see that people seem to have rediscovered colors this generation.

FFXIII was still released simultaneously on the PS3, though. And I'm pretty sure that everybody knows there will be a "Rise of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" on all platforms within 12 months of the game's release anyway, so the whole thing is just silly.

Meanwhile, Sony's show just now was chock full of super interesting looking games. And it's just nice in general to see that people seem to have rediscovered colors this generation.

Yep.

Reaching the saturation point with these open world survival games though.

Samyy

Who needs colours bro?

DisloyalDimwittedBoaconstrictor.gif

Gotdamn :O

I think what impressed me the most at the Sony Conference was Wild, looks pretty interesting.

Also some Quantum Breake Spluge Material:

untitled_2_by_giffgiffington-d7uuhd8.gif

Dat Atmosphere...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Don't care about Tomb Raider but the Geometry Wars 3 news is so good.

Here's to hoping they keep some of the stuff the introduced in Galaxies.

zroid

Banned
Dawn of the Apes was damn good.

Fuck that one human character though, seriously. I understand the need to have someone like that in the story, but he's such a bad character.

Montresor

Tomb Raider news is genuinely funny to me. I'm an XB1 gamer - the news itself doesn't benefit me at all nor does it hurt me (TR2 was coming to XB1 anyway) But the whiny reactions to the game being removed from Sony's lineup is amusing.

I'm much more excited by the trueachievements.com app for XB1 and mkv support. That is some awesome news.

Top Bottom