• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Tomb Raider news is genuinely funny to me. I'm an XB1 gamer - the news itself doesn't benefit me at all nor does it hurt me (TR2 was coming to XB1 anyway) But the whiny reactions to the game being removed from Sony's lineup is amusing.

This doesn't affect me so let's laugh at the people it does affect? Ok then.

I honestly didn't think people cared about Tomb Raider like this, it's fucking silly.

Quantum Break looks cool, maybe that game won't play like complete garbage ala Alan Wake. Here's hoping.

TUSR

Banned
I honestly didn't think people cared about Tomb Raider like this, it's fucking silly.

Quantum Break looks cool, maybe that game won't play like complete garbage ala Alan Wake. Here's hoping.

Alan Wake didn't just play like garbage, it was garbage.

Gamescom has been pretty great, shocker with Tomb Raider being an exclusive, I identify that franchise with Playstation (though I did get the Definitive edition on XBone). Quantum Break looked lackluster until everything was frozen in place, then it seemed to click. The Master Chief Collection looks better and better, the remastered maps actually look fun with the tweaks they made and it still has a solid base of Halo 2 gameplay. Halo 5 actually sounds promising with the focus on arena multiplayer, no load outs and an emphasis on map control, music to my ears.

Wild looked pretty cool, reminded me of the BC Molyneux game that never saw the light of day. Far Cry 4 looked like more Far Cry 3 in the Himalayas which is fine with me.

Also, can hockey be back yet?

TUSR

Banned
I honestly didn't know that Gamescom was actually a popular thing, its like the E3 of Europe apparently.

All I heard previously was that Valve was in attendance and was hoping for information that wasn't related to their dumb controller or OpenGL.

I like the storytelling style sort of. I don't think they executed it well. I hated every minute I played that fucking game though.

Yeah I did like the way the narrative was done, but not the narrative itself.

Alan Wake didn't just play like garbage, it was garbage.

yLfxVbT.gif

I value your opinions, but you're both wrong and should feel bad.

Dan Cleary to remain a Red Wing exclusively for the rest of his career. Should work on a new extension soon.

I fully expect this is already in the making.

TUSR

Banned
I thought it was good concept but the gameplay was soooooooooo repetitive

Mainly im a sucker for narration

Maybe im a bit harsh, but I expected more with the amount of praise I saw it getting.

The narration was a great idea, and so was the concept. It just didn't really take off for me.

Socreges

Banned
Maybe im a bit harsh, but I expected more with the amount of praise I saw it getting.
Unfortunately with 1st/2nd party exclusives you're going to get more bias than with multiplatform games. Gotta be skeptical with all MS, Sony, Nintendo releases because fans (and some websites) have a greater incentive to enjoy them and sing their praises.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The story makes no sense without EU or hidden terminals that can only be accessed outside the game, so that's not even true.

Hell it didn't even make sense with the books

Didact came off as noble and understanding in the books and in H4 he is a comic book villain.

I just mean that even without the understanding of the EU (which shouldn't have made its way into halo) it's still a great game and most of the stuff works out well. And star chief mission was awesome.

I'll be honest, I was not hyped for Alan Wake at all until about 2 weeks until launch when I watched the "Building a thriller" video. Then after playing it I just loved everything about it, way more than Red Dead which I had just played as well, the story, gameplay, atmosphere I thought were superb and I loved every second of it.

You're also wrong, with them.

Theres two other ones, at least, and one that posted when the Leafs were in the playoffs.
And yea that P.T thing was so weird in the conference, kinda random but kudos to Kojima that was a very interesting way to reveal a game!

I knew something was fishy when P.T was announced because 7780s Studio didn't even have a twitter account or any trace of who they are. So i kinda assumed it was a fake studio like the MGS5 one, Moby Dick Studios.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll be honest, I was not hyped for Alan Wake at all until about 2 weeks until launch when I watched the "Building a thriller" video. Then after playing it I just loved everything about it, way more than Red Dead which I had just played as well, the story, gameplay, atmosphere I thought were superb and I loved every second of it.

You're also wrong, with them.

Terrible choice in hockey teams. Terrible choice in gaming.

Halo:MCC is gonna be where it's at.

I will be playing halo 2 all day everyday

Pumped for it, Halo 3 MP is where I will be mostly, I just look forward to playing some actual classic and fun BTB with close to a full team of friends, that was a ton of fun way back when 343 didn't ruin that gametype.

Samyy

I knew something was fishy when P.T was announced because 7780s Studio didn't even have a twitter account or any trace of who they are. So i kinda assumed it was a fake studio like the MGS5 one, Moby Dick Studios.

I think it was so low key for me I didn't give it a second thought lol
Are you a hockey fan btw?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Pumped for it, Halo 3 MP is where I will be mostly, I just look forward to playing some actual classic and fun BTB with close to a full team of friends, that was a ton of fun way back when 343 didn't ruin that gametype.

Dedicated servers is going to make halo 2 and 3 BTB the favorites again

No more laggggg weeeee

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the remake of a 360 title makes you buy an XB1 I'm just gonna laugh at you, sorry.

Top Bottom