• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

nhl gaf is secretly ran by anime lovers

84394-Ron-Swanson-sad-angry-scoff-sc-iGkA.gif

Fei

Buffalo is going to host Connor McDavid's season opener with the Erie Otters in the Sabres arena.

...... :lol

Curufinwe

http://www.nhl.com/ice/ne...728795&navid=nhl:topheads

The National Hockey League announced today changes to its Draft Lottery, a weighted system implemented and utilized to determine the order of selection in the first round of the NHL Draft for the 14 Clubs not qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs (or the Clubs that have acquired the first-round drafting positions of those non-playoff teams).

These changes will be phased in over a two-year period, beginning with the Draft Lottery in 2015.

2015 NHL Draft Lottery
The odds of winning the first overall selection in the NHL Draft for the 14 non-Playoff teams will be adjusted to more appropriately reflect the current state of competitive balance in the League. This will result in a more evenly-balanced allocation of odds, with the 10 highest-finishing non-Playoff qualifying teams receiving higher (better) Draft Lottery odds than they received previously and the four lowest-finishing teams receiving lower (worse) odds. The revised set of odds will remain in effect year-to-year in the future.

New Odds Old Odds
1 20.0% 25.0%
2 13.5% 18.8%
3 11.5% 14.2%
4 9.5% 10.7%
5 8.5% 8.1%
6 7.5% 6.2%
7 6.5% 4.7%
8 6.0% 3.6%
9 5.0% 2.7%
10 3.5% 2.1%
11 3.0% 1.5%
12 2.5% 1.1%
13 2.0% 0.8%
14 1.0% 0.5%

2016 NHL Draft Lottery
Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/ne...728795&navid=nhl:topheads

The National Hockey League announced today changes to its Draft Lottery, a weighted system implemented and utilized to determine the order of selection in the first round of the NHL Draft for the 14 Clubs not qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs (or the Clubs that have acquired the first-round drafting positions of those non-playoff teams).

These changes will be phased in over a two-year period, beginning with the Draft Lottery in 2015.

2015 NHL Draft Lottery
The odds of winning the first overall selection in the NHL Draft for the 14 non-Playoff teams will be adjusted to more appropriately reflect the current state of competitive balance in the League. This will result in a more evenly-balanced allocation of odds, with the 10 highest-finishing non-Playoff qualifying teams receiving higher (better) Draft Lottery odds than they received previously and the four lowest-finishing teams receiving lower (worse) odds. The revised set of odds will remain in effect year-to-year in the future.

New Odds Old Odds
1 20.0% 25.0%
2 13.5% 18.8%
3 11.5% 14.2%
4 9.5% 10.7%
5 8.5% 8.1%
6 7.5% 6.2%
7 6.5% 4.7%
8 6.0% 3.6%
9 5.0% 2.7%
10 3.5% 2.1%
11 3.0% 1.5%
12 2.5% 1.1%
13 2.0% 0.8%
14 1.0% 0.5%

2016 NHL Draft Lottery
Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

I like this. Lower odds of the Oilers getting another first overall pick.

Canucks will be a playoff bubble team, so blow a few games late in the season and they could end up with, say, a 5% chance at McDavid.

5% is pretty much their chance of winning a first-round matchup against a top-seeded team anyway.

I like this. Lower odds of the Oilers getting another first overall pick.

The Cavaliers won the NBA draft lottery again on Tuesday night despite having only a 1.7% chance at winning it. It was their second consecutive year landing the first pick, as well as their fourth time winning it since 2003.

It got us wondering — what are the odds the Cavaliers could win the draft lottery four times in 12 years? We took the odds they had to win the draft each year and multiplied them together to get your answer: 0.00012, just a shade over a 1-in-10,000 chance.

2dHNVgS.gif

Heretic

Destiny on Xbox One reporting in!

WELCOME TO THE NEW PAGE!!!
TO THE NEW PAGE!!!
WELCOME TO THE NEW PAGE!!!
TO THE NEW PAGE!!!

ibHE5xY5UjJBA.gif

zroid

Banned
I don't follow the CFL but just saw the standings and holy shit at that East-West disparity. This league has to be the new reigning champion of Western conference dominance. The team with the best record in the East is still worse than the team with the worst record in the West.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't follow the CFL but just saw the standings and holy shit at that East-West disparity. This league has to be the new reigning champion of Western conference dominance. The team with the best record in the East is still worse than the team with the worst record in the West.

I think I remember hearing either the East only has 2 or 4 wins tops against the West this year as well.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The east has been awful, which isn't great for the league. I think Ottawa has had good attendance despite there record.

Combined wins in the East: six

Calgary wins: six

:LOL

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Calgary is just going to lose to the Riders in the West final. They could lose one game all year, it doesn't matter, lol

Acid08

Banned
@PollakOnSharks: Thornton on losing #SJSharks C: "It’s a big honor and it’s a big responsibility so it’s a little strange when they take it away from you."

Cool, run the best player we've ever had out of town because you want to rebuild culture while wasting money on John fucking Scott and not actually fixing any of the problems the team has.

Top Bottom