• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah I've seen mock ups removing the navy and it looks so much more classic.

Socks look GREAT.

Going back to something like this would be the best:

Blues08.png

Are there any worthwhile NHL podcasts? I'm trying to step my game up before the season starts and I listen to dozens of hours of podcasts each week because reading for entertainment is much harder

Socreges

Banned
In what universe can Burger King actually improve anything (much less TH).
I asked you what the downsides are. Never said there would be upsides. I think both companies are shit so I'm not sure how the merger would merit "nooooo"

(Walnut crunch gets my money every time tho)

So played two games of NHL 15 Demo both on default Pro.

Rangers (me) vs Kings: 2-1 W
Kings (me) vs Rangers: 5-0 W

Overall it felt different, might be because I skipped last year but it seemed more realistic in terms of the puck and player physics, the presentation was also really nice but Doc and Eddy sound terrible, but Ray sounds really good. I need to play more to get used to the new/updated deking to try to get that down, but I actually somewhat enjoyed it. Will play some more tomorrow.

Edit: Jersey physics suck terrible, all dat' jello!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We are committed to keeping the experiences fresh with new & improved content throughout the year. Updates will range from rosters & rating updates, correct skin colour, to improvements to existing experiences to even introducing new ways to play NHL 15

From the end of the demo.

Lol, also just found the way to score on a breakaway pretty much everytime, (left handed skater skating up): Hold right stick to the right and left stick skating forward, as soon as you get to the hash marks, pull both sticks to the left, player will make a sharp cut across the goal, shoot puck... Scores top left hand corner almost every time.

Edit: Need to be skating more on the right/center side

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
is he known for being a shitty poster with bait posts?

He's known for making a ton of threads, of which 90% are shit.

like "i had this thought for half a second and figured I'd make a thread before thinking more about it" threads

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Demo is pretty lackluster, and seems to show almost no improvement, just as expected. Loved the Ferarro commentary though, feels really natural surprisingly.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Some good camera angles really do make me feel like I'm watching a broadcast. Besides all the NBC stuff though, the game looks like it plays like every other NHL game before it. AND you're telling me they removed modes? wtf...

zroid

Banned
Is this the first NHL game for the new consoles? Don't the first ones released on new consoles always get kind of gimped? I vaguely recall this happening on the previous consoles as well.

The jerseys look so bad, I'm skipping this year, I was hopping for better results, the last NHL game I bought was 12 and this looks pretty much the same, besides the new presentation, but I rather have EASHL.

Top Bottom