• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Quick

Banned
Hope you guys like First Light; especially those battle arenas ;)

Just downloaded the NHL demo to my PS4 from the website (I looooove the future). Gonna hit it up when I get home tonight.

Were you part of the First Light/Infamous: SS team?

Infamous was my first PS4 game. It was great, and it looked amazing. First Light looks great, and maybe even better in some aspects.

Today's facepalm gaming side thread: OP reacts to a female writer making a joke out of Polygon's ethics disclosure. comeonson.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Oh man, I'm cleaning out my room at my parents house and came across a treasure trove of 90's Ducks memorabilia. I'm talking inaugural game programs; signed pictures of me with Stu Grimson, Selanne, and Kariya; Ruslan Salei signed sticks; some Guy Hebert signed pictures, pucks galore... This is all going to be properly framed.

Edit: And just now I uncovered a box with a ton of Selanne and Kariya signed pucks. And one with a signature I can't make out...

RC

Banned
It's only been...what a few months? Was it contract? What happened?

I amoung several other new hires weren't meeting out quotas. Through no fault of our own. And rather then thinking why everyone they hired in the beginning of July is struggling thy decided to take the easy way out and can the lot of is.
Luckily I saw the writing on the wall weeks ago and have been applying to jobs like crazy. Have three interviews this week, so hopefully I won't be out of work for long.
Anyways this was a shitty job anyway, I'm better off without it.

Curufinwe

On deck for me:

Infamous: First Light - Pre-ordered and pre-loaded last night, got to play a bit of it earlier. Really good-looking game.
NHL 15 Demo - Might bite on a digital copy, since I know I'll be playing it a lot.
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry - Standalone copy on PSN. I wanted more AC after finishing Black Flag, and I read some good reviews.
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - PS3 copy is broken, so I'll have to download it again and prevent the patch update to break it.

Slaughtering the slave drivers in Freedom Cry is fun. 100% Sync is still a pain in the ass, though. So I didn't bother with it.

zroid

Banned
Yoooooo

Nintendo Kart!

5f0.png

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeeeah, looks like I'm getting that Mario Kart DLC. Nintendo really knows how to strike those retro nerves with that stuff. I have to give them credit.

Quick

Banned
Yep, both. Glad to see you liked it.

tumblr_mmb1hklMJd1r93xiko1_500.gif

Slaughtering the slave drivers in Freedom Cry is fun. 100% Sync is still a pain in the ass, though. So I didn't bother with it.

100% Sync really is a pain in the ass. I got a few in ACIV, and one of them was accidental (swing on a rope to assassinate someone).

I like that it's included, but I'm just not encouraged enough to go out of my way to do it.

Curufinwe

It would bother me if it was the last trophy left to get the platinum but they also require you to get to level 55 in multiplayer, lol.

Socreges

Banned
Yeeeeah, looks like I'm getting that Mario Kart DLC. Nintendo really knows how to strike those retro nerves with that stuff. I have to give them credit.
I'm mostly excited about the 8 courses. The F-Zero and Excitebike approaches could be amazing, never mind the nostalgia

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_mmb1hklMJd1r93xiko1_500.gif

100% Sync really is a pain in the ass. I got a few in ACIV, and one of them was accidental (swing on a rope to assassinate someone).

I like that it's included, but I'm just not encouraged enough to go out of my way to do it.

Yeah, I can't be bothered with 100% sync. Need to play freedom cry at some point.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
@modbot
thanks for Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage. Not sure what it is...guess I'll find out

@all
fuck y'all! The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5! CLEEEEMMMMMMMMMM!

@desi
sorry to hear that, though I'm jealous you were able to get 3 interviews so quickly while I still have none...sigh...I just don't have that 'stache

Socreges

Banned
I amoung several other new hires weren't meeting out quotas. Through no fault of our own. And rather then thinking why everyone they hired in the beginning of July is struggling thy decided to take the easy way out and can the lot of is.
Luckily I saw the writing on the wall weeks ago and have been applying to jobs like crazy. Have three interviews this week, so hopefully I won't be out of work for long.
Anyways this was a shitty job anyway, I'm better off without it.
Good man!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Heard DFA's Trainweck and thought "that's a good start", next song I heard was "LIGHT IT UP, UP, UP".

Didn't hear any of Ferraro's commentary yet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
the puck got stuck in the boards halfway through the first period

nobody could pick it up, but you could see it being stuck.

took like 30 seconds before the whistle blew lol.

What did they do to the skill stick? Why are there so many animation glitches? Why are the transitions poop? What the hell at those jerseys? Why is it so blurry? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

just Kings-Rangers

it's alright. Not enough improvement to make up for the loss of so many modes/functions though.

Okay.I'm gonna be brutally honest here, I haven't played a NHL video game since 2002.. it's been a long time. Maybe I will pick up this NHL game when it comes out

Smiley90

I feel like at least the hitting feels better though. Might be because the puck is less sticky and you can't just stay on the puck forever despite getting hit.

Yeah NHL! Double up on that desert hockey magic!

Los Santos Slappers, obviously

The NHL 15 commentary/presentation is soooooo good. Was really impressed with Ferraro in particular.

To be honest, Ferraro's stuff is really good, but Doc and Eddy suck, no enthusiasm and they just sound bad, I know it's hard to match that with a game, but they could have at least did it better than they did. But at least the overall presentation is finally really good.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Score reporting that a team in Vegas is a done deal.

http://www.thescore.com/news/563625

Sources close to the situation have indicated Las Vegas is a done deal, the only thing to be determined being which owner will be entitled to proclaim that he brought the first major league sports franchise to Sin City.
So they have a team but no owner? lolok Smells like bullshit to up expansion fees for other cities.

If the NHL actually does put a team in Vegas, it'd be a spectacular failure.

Smiley90

So they have a team but no owner? lolok Smells like bullshit to up expansion fees for other cities.

If the NHL actually does put a team in Vegas, it'd be a spectacular failure.

Rename the Coyotes again, move them to Vegas, rename them the Grand Prairies Coyotes.

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY HRTC~

p_37006146_2298531.jpg

Mighty_Ducks_Fan_by_NeoYami.jpg

Oh man, I'm cleaning out my room at my parents house and came across a treasure trove of 90's Ducks memorabilia. I'm talking inaugural game programs; signed pictures of me with Stu Grimson, Selanne, and Kariya; Ruslan Salei signed sticks; some Guy Hebert signed pictures, pucks galore... This is all going to be properly framed.

Edit: And just now I uncovered a box with a ton of Selanne and Kariya signed pucks. And one with a signature I can't make out...

MY GOD... THAT'S... AMAZING.

Wow.

PICS!

Vman

To be honest, Ferraro's stuff is really good, but Doc and Eddy suck, no enthusiasm and they just sound bad, I know it's hard to match that with a game, but they could have at least did it better than they did. But at least the overall presentation is finally really good.

I still like Eddy and Doc in it as they are my favorite crew but they do lack emotion for when goals are scored. All the pre-game stuff is good. Hopefully they improve upon that in next years version!

Curufinwe

Doesn't there need to be 2 expansion teams
Kinda weird to have an odd number of teams in the league

16 teams in the East and 15 in the West is not a problem, and would be fairer than the current situation.

Just move the Coyotes to Vegas or Seattle, though.

Top Bottom