• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Revenant

GIF_power_rangers_rita_repulsa.gif

ITS ABOUT

THAT

TIME

Montresor

Lool for a league that's starved for goals, they are doing everything possible to take away goals.

Lol this literally made me laugh out loud. Not kidding.

It was such a fucking awesome goal and a crappy way to call it back. But hey - it's a legit offside and good on Detroit for challenging that.

zroid

Banned
You're both being ridiculous. Thanks to this offside challenge a by-the-book illegal goal gets overturned.

There's two main reasons I think offside reviews are stupid and bad for the game.

1) the vast, vast majority of the disallowed goals are not really being disallowed in the spirit of the rule. the reality is marginal offsides happen all the god damn time (for every goal that gets called off, think of how many times a ref misses an offside and a goal isn't scored) and it doesn't have any impact on the game. the reason the rule exists is to prevent players from lurking in the offensive zone waiting for a stretch pass.

2) offside challenges, unlike interference challenges, can only be used to call off a goal that was scored. what about all the times a ref calls an offside that was actually on-side? play is dead before it happens.

Get these bullshit ass teams off my tv

I'm cool with you guys winning.

There's two main reasons I think offside reviews are stupid and bad for the game.

1) the vast, vast majority of the disallowed goals are not really being disallowed in the spirit of the rule. the reality is marginal offsides happen all the god damn time and it doesn't have any impact on the game. the reason the rule exists is to prevent players from lurking in the offensive zone waiting for a stretch pass.

2) offside challenges, unlike interference challenges, can only be used to call off a goal that was scored. what about all the times a ref calls an offside that was actually on-side? play is dead before it happens.

Totally agreed

Top Bottom