• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Montresor

There's two main reasons I think offside reviews are stupid and bad for the game.

1) the vast, vast majority of the disallowed goals are not really being disallowed in the spirit of the rule. the reality is marginal offsides happen all the god damn time (for every goal that gets called off, think of how many times a ref misses an offside and a goal isn't scored) and it doesn't have any impact on the game. the reason the rule exists is to prevent players from lurking in the offensive zone waiting for a stretch pass.

2) offside challenges, unlike interference challenges, can only be used to call off a goal that was scored. what about all the times a ref calls an offside that was actually on-side? play is dead before it happens.

Definitely a fair point about the spirit of the rule.

Cake Boss

Banned
TIME FOR THE MAIN SALT EVENT!

Since there are no Canadian teams here, this has the most potential to replace the salt void.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers look slow as FUCK

It's a real weird game. These are two very fast teams that are both kind of slogging through everything and seemingly smothered at almost all times, in both directions. Almost nothing is getting through without hitting a stick or body.

nubcake

Neo Member
I have an endless amount of respect for the Red Wings franchise as a whole but Abdelkader is a scumbag POS and I hope Paquette beheads him before the series is over :)

Top Bottom