• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Pikma

Banned
Did they change the ending for european viewers?
What do you mean?

*checks the official NHL blog*

Mnw7GYKVJjX20.gif

Line_HTX

I listen to a lot of indie these days, not much harder stuff anymore. Those teenage days are over.

... Okay to be fair, there are 3 types of settings that call for different music:

Work: EDM
Home/General: Indie
Workout: Disturbed

(Stricken) AH AH AH AHHH!!

Alucard

Banned
People think the Caps have a chance against the Pens? Huh. Get ready for shock and awe, friends.

Ready to eat humble pie if necessary, but feeling confident.

Socreges

Banned
Been watching Cheers lately and hockey = pure violence played by toothless Canadians. I feel like the NHL is beginning to shed that reputation. Dunno if @Soloucity willbtruly make it beyond existing hockey fans and a strange GMA appearance, but it's nice to see the conversation be about how hectic and complex the sport is, not just how tough and bloody it is.

Quick

Banned
Been watching Cheers lately and hockey = pure violence played by toothless Canadians. I feel like the NHL is beginning to shed that reputation. Dunno if @Soloucity willbtruly make it beyond existing hockey fans and a strange GMA appearance, but it's nice to see the conversation be about how hectic and complex the sport is, not just how tough and bloody it is.

Yeah, it's actually nice not to hear anything related to fighting in that interview.

It'll still be some time before the image is shed completely, but with fighting way down now, that should help things along.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah, it's actually nice not to hear anything related to fighting in that interview.

It'll still be some time before the image is shed completely, but with fighting way down now, that should help things along.

"I heard that hockey has really cleaned up in recent years and is more about skill and finesse than brutality. I think I'll partake in this Kings vs Bruins game, try to get back into the sport!"

Line_HTX

Everyone is more aware about the concussions now. It's not like I want a fight all the time like a filthy casual.

*Glares at Calamari

Blues vs. Stars - Dallas got off easy against a weak Minnesota team, while St. Louis was pushed to the brink by Chicago. Maybe the Stars ventilate Elliott in a game, forcing Hitchcock to reconsider his starter. But it's not like the Blues can't do the same to Niemi or Lehtonen. Blues in 6.

Predators vs. Sharks - This one might be too close to call. Goaltending, depth, and scoring are pretty even. I'm going with the rested team. Sharks in 7.

Penguins vs. Capitals - Washington scored when they needed to but also clamped down to defend a lead. The Penguins are dangerous offensively but they won't be dealing with an injured blueline and shaky goaltending in this round. Plus they don't have MAF. Capitals in 6.

Islanders vs. Lightning - A bit unfair since this started already. I think the Lightning can come back. They're more experienced than the Panthers were. Lightning in 7.

so I guess the XBOX One remains yours?

We're going to have a hell of a guac party
ukl4W8x7AhfzO.gif

12sG29Xbr3NpNS.gif

O7W8LdrlNUj3a.gif

If you squint, this looks like Brian Burke.
yjGdFYeSKFobi0hByU.gif

Is it weird Ducks-age barely gets salty? Salt is better as seasoning for guac.

Personally, hockey is just entertainment, no one is going to die.

Guacamole though, is to die for.
r605l.gif

PillarEN

Spoken like someone who has never been to a Kings/Dodgers/Raiders game.

Raiders fans are crazy everywhere. I saw one get in a fight with two Bills fans at the Ralph when I went to see a game back in the mid or late 90s. Might have been the Doug Flutie era which is literally the last time football was worth a shit in Buffalo, but then management just could stomach and old short guy playing really well so some stereotypical chump named Rob Johnson took over and he sucked. Then he got injured, and Flutie picked up the team once again and got them to the playoffs. So he's gonna start right? Hahahaha. Rob no longer has a concussion or whatever so of course Flutie is going to be the back up. Music City Miracle happens and that day I decided to become a Packers fan.

Heretic

so I guess the XBOX One remains yours?

We're going to have a hell of a guac party
ukl4W8x7AhfzO.gif

12sG29Xbr3NpNS.gif

O7W8LdrlNUj3a.gif

If you squint, this looks like Brian Burke.
yjGdFYeSKFobi0hByU.gif

Is it weird Ducks-age barely gets salty? Salt is better as seasoning for guac.

Personally, hockey is just entertainment, no one is going to die.

Guacamole though, is to die for.
r605l.gif

Need to get me some guac for lunch... Any good places near Chapman and Main?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Raiders fans are crazy everywhere. I saw one get in a fight with two Bills fans at the Ralph when I went to see a game back in the mid or late 90s. Might have been the Doug Flutie era which is literally the last time football was worth a shit in Buffalo, but then management just could stomach and old short guy playing really well so some stereotypical chump named Rob Johnson took over and he sucked. Then he got injured, and Flutie picked up the team once again and got them to the playoffs. So he's gonna start right? Hahahaha. Rob no longer has a concussion or whatever so of course Flutie is going to be the back up. Music City Miracle happens and that day I decided to become a Packers fan.

My buddy from Oakland told me about the time he went to a game against Miami as a child and some crazy Raiders fan next to him pulled out a stuffed dolphin and an honest to god Bowie knife, and started going to town on the poor thing. Raiders fan drunk off his ass wielding a 10+ inch knife in the middle of a crowd. Nobody around him paid it a second thought.

Top Bottom