• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I need to see it in slow motion again, but it looked clean to me

5PnQHc3.gif

Look how much Drouin's head moves before there's ever any body contact at all. Hickey also launches off the ice through it, though that's fairly common for a big hit like that. I also don't see Drouin lower himself even the slightest bit there, unless you're talking about his initial turn outside the blue line. Even then, I don't really see him drop down much. Hickey also got really really low and launched upwards through the hit.

I don't think it was as deliberately dirty as some hits we've seen, but that's pretty much nothing but head contact there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
5PnQHc3.gif

Look how much Drouin's head moves before there's ever any body contact at all. Hickey also launches off the ice through it, though that's fairly common for a big hit like that. I also don't see Drouin lower himself even the slightest bit there, unless you're talking about his initial turn outside the blue line. Even then, I don't really see him drop down much. Hickey also got really really low and launched upwards through the hit.

I don't think it was as deliberately dirty as some hits we've seen, but that's pretty much nothing but head contact there.

https://twitter.com/RogersNHLGCL/status/727656658407727105/photo/1

Looks like Hickey is committed to the hit, shoulder to shoulder and Drouin turns straight into the hit, he's a small guy. It I wouldn't disclose it as a full blown head shot, and it definitely doesn't seem like he was targeting his head.

Cooper himself just said people have told him it's clean. Do hope Drouin is alright though, that looked fucking painful.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
5PnQHc3.gif

Look how much Drouin's head moves before there's ever any body contact at all. Hickey also launches off the ice through it, though that's fairly common for a big hit like that. I also don't see Drouin lower himself even the slightest bit there, unless you're talking about his initial turn outside the blue line. Even then, I don't really see him drop down much.

See I look at that and think Hickey did everything in his power to deliver a clean hit. He bent over, didn't launch before the hit, and didn't drive through Drouin's head. That's about as nice a hit as you can throw, and I'm not sure what else he could have done aside from bend over even more.

Any other angles?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
See I look at that and think Hickey did everything in his power to deliver a clean hit. He bent over, didn't launch before the hit, and didn't drive through Drouin's head. That's about as nice a hit as you can throw, and I'm not sure what else he could have done aside from bend over even more.

Any other angles?

aH4sql8.gif

I generally agree with you that he was trying for a big legal hit and just happened to unfortunately end up getting all head on it.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Forsberg-Johansen-Neal
Wilson-Fisher-Smith
Aberg-Jarnkrok-Arvidsson
Salomaki-Gaustad-Sissons

The crowd apparently cheered when Ribeiro was announced as a scratch lol

RC

Banned
So I'm at a bar in Bally's Vegas and there's a guy who yells at the top of his lungs anytime the Lightning score. Turned me into a NYI fan mighty quick.

Top Bottom