• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Phil Kessel with 2 goals and an assist to lead his team to the eastern conference final.

3 years ago I never thought I'd see that happen. Happy for Phil.

zroid

Banned
Lawd

beaglesave22ygg.gif

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
The District of Columbia continues to not win, since 1991.

Since 2004 if you want to include D.C. United for whatever reason.

a916

What's the latest on Stralman and Stamkos? Last I heard they were both very close with Stamkos just waiting to come off blood thinners (who knows when that is)

iLLmAtlc

Penguins got a pretty fascinating dynamic with a 1st line player on every line. The bonino line has to be 2nd on most teams and they get to face 3rd pairing defenders and forwards.

calder

I don't mind the caps but I'm glad the pens won.

Also my 6 year old niece picked the Pens/Lightning in the East and Blues/Preds in the West on her playoff bracket. SPOILERS: the Blues beat the lightning in the SCF if anyone wants to know how it ends.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What are the odds that Ovechkin is tanking the first round so he can go play at the Worlds? Of course he'd never admit that, but I wouldn't bet against a Philly upset.
He waited until the 2nd round to tank! What a lazy commie.

ZeroGravity

What's the latest on Stralman and Stamkos? Last I heard they were both very close with Stamkos just waiting to come off blood thinners (who knows when that is)
Stralman will almost definitely be back at some point during the next round.

Stamkos is still completely up in the air.

iLLmAtlc

Canada is 2nd tier nation, NBC Sports got the game winning boy.

Fuckers should have waited in line instead of this farce!

Stralman will almost definitely be back at some point during the next round.

Stamkos is still completely up in the air.

Ron Maclean mentioned pretty casually that he heard stamkos was really close. Dunno how credible it is but being a good Ontario boy he might have some sources.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Penguins got a pretty fascinating dynamic with a 1st line player on every line. The bonino line has to be 2nd on most teams and they get to face 3rd pairing defenders and forwards.

That line has been winning us games since they brought in Sullivan as head coach. It's too hard for teams to match up when you still have to worry about two other lines that have Sid and Geno.

Alucard

Banned
Let's look back at the Pens' body of work so far these playoffs.

Round 1 - light up hall of famer Henrik Lundqvist for 10 goals in the final 2 games of the series. Win in 5 games.

Round 2 - knock off the President's Trophy winners and this year's Vezina winner in 6 games.

These things said, the Lightning will be tougher than either team for the Pens.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I don't think the pens won a single game against the Bolts this year. But I think most of those were before they got hot down the stretch?

a916

Fuckers should have waited in line instead of this farce!

Ron Maclean mentioned pretty casually that he heard stamkos was really close. Dunno how credible it is but being a good Ontario boy he might have some sources.

He technically is, he's 48 hours away from coming back... once he's off blood thinners. He's pretty much in game shape already.

Crushing the Caps dreams is so fucking delicious, my god. We have a very real shot at getting to the SCF and maybe even to win it. I can't believe I'm saying that considering where we were for the first half of the season.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Crushing the Caps dreams is so fucking delicious, my god. We have a very real shot at getting to the SCF and maybe even to win it. I can't believe I'm saying that considering where we were for the first half of the season.

What dreams?

How long have you been watching hockey? It's the Caps, we knew they'd choke like a prom date at some point.

And any Caps fan who thought they had a shot is delusional.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Yeah it's crazy. This was a team that didn't even look like they were going to make the playoffs. Then they make a coaching change and it all comes together. They practically obliterate their longtime playoff nemesis in the Rags, and then take out the Presidents Trophy winner( and SCF favorite) right after that. Tampa is going to be a real test though, I wouldn't sleep on them.

Top Bottom