• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

god damn I passed out and woke up to these guys shaking hands lmao.

GGs Pens even though I gotta hear my sister gloat about the Pens even more now. please do your job Bolts

Alucard

Banned
Good morning.

1S3IlNg.jpg

yHjZHEC.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
"All the President's Trophy men couldn't put Humpty back together again"

Mike Lange Starts at 1:25

<3 Lange. Best in the biz.

I'm pretty nervous about this Tampa series. They may not have the star power with Stammer on the shelf right now, but they are a damn good team. They play together as a whole maybe better than any other team remaining in the playoffs. And Bishop is no slouch in net. Who ever wins this series, wins the cup. Book it.

Alucard

Banned
<3 Lange. Best in the biz.

I'm pretty nervous about this Tampa series. They may not have the star power with Stammer on the shelf right now, but they are a damn good team. They play together as a whole maybe better than any other team remaining in the playoffs. And Bishop is no slouch in net. Who ever wins this series, wins the cup. Book it.

I'm more nervous about this series than either of the first two. Figured the Pens would get past the Rangers and was very confident they would dispose of the Caps in max 6 games. Tampa? Yikes. They scare me.

I'm more nervous about this series than either of the first two. Figured the Pens would get past the Rangers and was very confident they would dispose of the Caps in max 6 games. Tampa? Yikes. They scare me.
I wasnt really impressed by tampa against the wings, but they dismantled the islanders

Alucard

Banned
Tampa better sweep.

Don't worry. I'll try to curb these types of posts to two or three times per series.

By the way, I need to say that I've learned to really dislike "fan" communities. The Pens' Facebook page is filled with some truly ignorant asshole adults who argue like 13-year-olds. The Caps' official board has the same. My God. I'm sure every fan board or community is similar too.

Thanks for being somewhat more reasonable, NHL-GAF.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the NHL Never got rid of re-seeding. Shoulda been Caps Vs. Wings in rd. 1 and either Philly/Tampa/NYI in rd. 2.

And instead of throwing their last game of the regular season in order to escape the dead end that was the Metropolitan division bracket, the Islanders instead would have been playing to earn home ice advantage in a first round series against the Rangers.

Calamari41

41 > 38
These playoffs suck. It's all the Ducks fault.

I almost got run over by Marvie before I left Manhattan.

They really are boring as hell. We're sorry. BUT, we got rid of Bruce Boudreau, the worst coach in the NHL, so next year we're guaranteed to exceed our 2015/2016 performance by a wide margin.

Line_HTX

They really are boring as hell. We're sorry. BUT, we got rid of Bruce Boudreau, the worst coach in the NHL, so next year we're guaranteed to exceed our 2015/2016 performance by a wide margin.

I actually missed out on the firing news. I found out about it three days later, lol

Capitals ran into a hot goalie, which seems to be their playoff Kryptonite, and the Penguins played really well. Hard to believe Murray has now beaten Lundqvist and Holtby this playoffs. He could be a legitimate starter or a flash in the pan.

If the Capitals had come back and won the series, I bet you there would be a lot of talk about Crosby's lack of production. But the team is winning right now, so the media doesn't care.

Washington will be back, but we'll have to see what they do with some contracts this offseason. Do they need a big piece, or will depth signings be enough?

Alucard

Banned
Capitals ran into a hot goalie, which seems to be their playoff Kryptonite, and the Penguins played really well. Hard to believe Murray has now beaten Lundqvist and Holtby this playoffs. He could be a legitimate starter or a flash in the pan.

If the Capitals had come back and won the series, I bet you there would be a lot of talk about Crosby's lack of production. But the team is winning right now, so the media doesn't care.

Washington will be back, but we'll have to see what they do with some contracts this offseason. Do they need a big piece, or will depth signings be enough?

He played well, and he produced a lot in the Rangers series. But yeah, Sportsnet already posted an article about how he's still showing leadership and contributing in other ways for damage control.

KodaRuss

So Ruff is 0-3 in game sevens. Little more than 5 hours until the Blues/Stars. Lets go Stars! Time for Ruff to get revenge on Hitch for our Stanley Cup. (This is a weird series as far as coaches go)

fallout

He played well, and he produced a lot in the Rangers series. But yeah, Sportsnet already posted an article about how he's still showing leadership and contributing in other ways for damage control.
Scott Oake asked Crosby a pointed question about his line's lack of production last night and he handled it with confidence and a smile. That's easy to do when you're winning, but at least for the Pens, it's not turned into a big deal.

Slurmer

Banned

He is the new Michael Leighton.

PillarEN

Since they rightfully snatched the Cup away from Hasek in 1999 with a completely legal goal

worst game ever. And the Sabres hit a post in one of the OTs too. I vaguely remember Modano saying something about the Sabres being shitty so the fans of Buffalo had it out for him. Joe Juneau didn't really do jack after being a deadline pick up. And there he is on the losing goal too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNr0gR_UdPA

kingslunk

Alright gents. Off work and heading to get food and then going to the mothership.

Go stars.
go fucking stars

fuck the blues
fuck the ducks

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wanted Tarasenko last year, but Pavelski is killing it in these playoffs and is older. Tarasenko will have lots of time for another cover.

a916

Game 1 already slated for Friday?

Just me or is the NHL in a hurry to finish this season off?

No, they finally got around to the idea of scheduling and pacing them in a good manner. Why on Earth do we need days off for the ECF when they are both ready to go and will have had 2 days off?

They've been stressing all playoff long that they want games to take place at different times when they can, and if not, they want to stagger the starts of games enough that if someone wanted to, they could watch everything.

Top Bottom