• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

ryan299

Saw this comparison,

Caps are the Bengals. Good during the regular season, then they run into a Pittsburgh team and lose in the playoffs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Presidents Trophy, 120 point season, Vezina goalie season

6-6 playoff record

Crazy

only 8 president trophy winners have won the cup in the last 30 years

and just for perspective.... only 11 times in the last 30 years has the president trophy winner made the finals

trophy is a curse

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
With that goal, Nick Bonino now has more playoff points than Brandon Sutter had regular season points.

giphy4.gif

Oh, Benning

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
only 8 president trophy winners have won the cup in the last 30 years

and just for perspective.... only 11 times in the last 30 years has the president trophy winner made the finals

trophy is a curse

Yup.

Combine that with the Caps willingness to choke, and you have a recipe for suck

iLLmAtlc

I've been underrating Lightning all playoffs but will they really be tougher than caps? The series was so close and the caps lost to the only team with a better record since Christmas or whatever.

Futureman

Pens went 0-2-1 against the Lightning earlier this year before Sullivan. Pens have consistently been the best team in the league for about 2 months now. Crosby and Malkin were pretty quiet during the Caps series and they still won in 6. Pens have home ice advantage... it's their series to lose. Carl Hagelin is going to have a 7-goal game. Pens in 5.

ZeroGravity

I've been underrating Lightning all playoffs but will they really be tougher than caps? The series was so close and the caps lost to the only team with a better record since Christmas or whatever.
The Caps are a regular season team. The Lightning are a playoff team.

Alucard

Banned
Pens/Bolts results from this season:

January 15th
5-4 Tampa in OT

February 5th
6-3 Tampa

February 20th
4-2 Tampa

Yep. Gonna be an interesting series.

Alucard

Banned
Pens went 0-2-1 against the Lightning earlier this year before Sullivan. Pens have consistently been the best team in the league for about 2 months now. Crosby and Malkin were pretty quiet during the Caps series and they still won in 6. Pens have home ice advantage... it's their series to lose. Carl Hagelin is going to have a 7-goal game. Pens in 5.

All the losses were after Sullivan had already taken over and while they were winning against most other teams. Tampa won't be a cakewalk.

What a fucked up game.

God bless HBK.

Line literally scores every goal tonight and none of these guys were Penguins last year. Hell this wasn't even a line until late in the season when Geno went down and now they carried the team to the ECF. Insanity.

Syrinx

Think about this.

The Hurricanes have been in the conference finals three times since the last time the Capitals were in it.

Tvdf3KE.gif

People will continue to pin it on the playoff format being unfair

Well I mean to be fair. This was a matchup that would have been only possible in the ECF under a rational seeding system and not the baloney division seeding system.

I'll take it though. Glad to have the Caps behind us moving forward

zroid

Banned
The Caps won the Presidents Trophy, and the Pens were the pick to win the Cup by a lot of #fancystats models. 6 close games and it was a great series.

edit: I guess game 5 wasn't all that close but you get the idea

Slurmer

Banned
The best part is that you know Broly was taking notes on all the caps shit talking going on in this thread once they tied the game and took it to OT, just waiting for the chance to post them and gloat.

Top Bottom