• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Wasn't Murray's fault.

Not one line worked for the Pens and Sullivan didn't bother to change the lines. Crosby and Malkin have no wingers.

As anemic as we looked, we have more than enough chances in that game we could actually finish on a play. If Bonino doesn't fan on that wrap around and someone connects on a whack in one of the scrums by the net we're easily tied. We looked like shit but a bounce or two and we could have been in it even with as bad as we played. Sullivan definitely has to shake things up though.

malfcn

Not a chance. Murray can't be expected to score goals or to stop his team from taking penalties.

I didn't see anything earlier than the end. I shouldn't have assumed. I'm a goalie, and know what it's like to try and put the team on your back. Even when you play your heart out, can't put goals in the net.

Alucard

Banned
As anemic as we looked, we have more than enough chances in that game we could actually finish on a play. If Bonino doesn't fan on that wrap around and someone connects on a whack in one of the scrums by the net we're easily tied. We looked like shit but a bounce or two and we could have been in it even with as bad as we played. Sullivan definitely has to shake things up though.

We'll see. Tampa owned the Pens in the regular season and have always played them hard. Think they're just really well-matched against them...like Boston a few years ago. Their D is so damn fast and controls the gaps extremely well.

ZeroGravity

Joe Smith ‎@TBTimes_JSmith
Cooper said all x rays on Bishop came back negative. "Hoping for the best."
Bryan Burns ‎@BBurnsNHL
More from Cooper on Bishop injury: "He's definitely hurt but there's nothing structurally wrong. That was a big relief." #TBLightning
Perhaps better than initially feared? Hoping so.

No doubt we have to finish on these opportunities.

Might mix lines when they're not working.

Tampa plays harder than expected, without some key players. Messy stuff.

Alucard

Banned
I didn't see anything earlier than the end. I shouldn't have assumed. I'm a goalie, and know what it's like to try and put the team on your back. Even when you play your heart out, can't put goals in the net.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about who's in goal for the Bolts...Pens need to find a way to get into good scoring positions first. If they can get quality shots and not feel smothered, they can win.

cube444

Like I said, Caps and Pens were not impressive at all to watch.

Tampa has this and Pens will GUARANTEED start Fleury in Game 2 now in order to give them a jump.

Alucard

Banned
Like I said, Caps and Pens were not impressive at all to watch.

Tampa has this and Pens will GUARANTEED start Fleury in Game 2 now in order to give them a jump.

I'd be surprised to see Fleury in game 2. The team in front of the goalie needs to adjust more than anything. Tampa is going to be scary regardless, though. Hard not to be impressed with them.

Do the Pens always use Seek and Destroy or is that something they recently stole from us?

The might have started using it when they opened the console arena.

They used to play this: Penguins Theme

It's actually really cool, I don't know why they would stop

EDIT: It looks like they copied the 4 forwards/1 defensemen powerplay formation from the sharks as well.

Acid08

Banned
CidLOPuVAAAwoVq.jpg

JR......

Top Bottom