• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

geeko

This team feels different. They feel solid throughout the whole game. What is this feeling I'm having. I... I think I have confidence in the sharks. My god I haven't felt this feeling in a long time.

zroid

Banned
R8lonVN.png

Legend

Socreges

Banned
Crawford is pretty good though. But I get your point about Lehtonen and Niemi.

Who's the best Stars goalie of all time? Turco? Belfour?
Would be interesting to see what long-standing Stars fans would say. Belfour for me. He won the Cup. Two finals appearances. But Turco had better numbers (in the prime dead puck era). And he was amazing at handling the puck. I actually thought Turco was a knob but hey so was Belfour.

Why are we talking about this

I remember whatshisface Stars fan fucking railing on Modano when he signed with Detroit. Great times. Then he left and birthed Cake Boss who proceeded to rail on Traitorsson

Alucard

Banned

I love it.

The Sharks are pretty scary. I was trying to imagine them playing the Pens during the game last night, and it was uncomfortable. They're very tightly-woven as a unit, and they have a pinpoint focus on where they want to go. Then again, the Lightning felt similar in game one.

Line_HTX

It's the Sharks they are gonna blow it.

I am preparing myself for the Pens to win the Cup.

I am ready to commit sudoku

OK, show me evidence in these playoffs where they actually choked.

Seriously. I'm getting a little tired of the whole "they're gonna choke" when there have been NO signs of it for an extended period of time.

Everyone in here is just conveniently hiding behind their playoff history.

This Sharks team has looked different than past years' though.

Burns back on defence. I remember when they had to decide between offensive chemistry with Thornton or stabilizing their blueline.

Martin and Ward are looking like great signings. Marleau seems to have settled into a supporting role while Thornton is looking ageless. Donskoi and Hertl are coming along nicely. And Jones is worth more than the first-rounder they gave up.

Ryu

Sounds like a lot of the other postseason runs they've had - they looked fine, even dominant, until they didn't!

Yup, long time Sharks fan here. Sharks fans saying this series is over and trying to decide who they want to face in the Stanley Cup finals in a series that's only 2-1 fucking baffle me. There's at least 2 more games left and this is playoff hockey where ANYTHING can happen. Odd bounce, strange puck luck, or God forbid an injury and everything changes. Everyone had the same thoughts about SJ over LA in 2014 up 3-0 and that went REAL FUCKING BAD when Vlasic got injured.

As a Sharks fan, it's good to be hopeful, but never ever EVER count your chickens before they've hatched. We all should know better.

Line_HTX said:
Seriously. I'm getting a little tired of the whole "they're gonna choke" when there have been NO signs of it for an extended period of time.

Like I said, we have been snake bitten so many times in the past that counting out any team in a 4-game series against SJ is just bad news. It's better to be optimistic and cautious until the moment the team has won 12 games in the playoffs. This right here, this moment, up 2-1, is the furthest this team has EVER gotten in its 25 year history.

OK, show me evidence in these playoffs where they actually choked.

But that's how they've been before. They've looked amazing only to blow it later on and never recover. I'm under no misguided assumption that this is the year knowing what their history is like. I've been burned too many times by that.

Yup, long time Sharks fan here. Sharks fans saying this series is over and trying to decide who they want to face in the Stanley Cup finals in a series that's only 2-1 fucking baffle me. There's at least 2 more games left and this is playoff hockey where ANYTHING can happen. Odd bounce, strange puck luck, or God forbid an injury and everything changes. Everyone had the same thoughts about SJ over LA in 2014 up 3-0 and that went REAL FUCKING BAD when Vlasic got injured.

As a Sharks fan, it's good to be hopeful, but never ever EVER count your chickens before they've hatched. We all should know better.

Like I said, we have been snake bitten so many times in the past that counting out any team in a 4-game series against SJ is just bad news. It's better to be optimistic and cautious until the moment the team has won 12 games in the playoffs. This right here, this moment, up 2-1, is the furthest this team has EVER gotten in its 25 year history.

Are any Sharks fans here assuming we're in the next round yet though? I feel like all the Sharks fans here are holding back knowing how we get burned every post season.

Foggy

DeBoer took the Devils to the Cup finals in his first year. The Pens won the cup the last time they fired their coach mid-season. Plus the Sharks choke. Pens-Shorks finals, Pens win. What a terrible time to be alive.

DeBoer took the Devils to the Cup finals in his first year. The Pens won the cop the last time they fired their coach mid-season. Plus the Sharks choke. Pens-Shorks finals, Pens win. What a terrible time to be alive.

Seriously. I am just preparing myself for the utter disappointment of the Pens winning the cup

Ryu

Are any Sharks fans here assuming we're in the next round yet though? I feel like all the Sharks fans here are holding back knowing how we get burned every post season.

I'm just speaking generally really. People are saying this series is over, some are saying it's a Sharks - Pens SCF, etc etc. I can't say if it's Sharks fans on here doing that or bandwagoners or whatever since I'm not willing to check out post histories to see where everyone stands, but hearing the talk in general just baffles me.

I'm just speaking generally really. People are saying this series is over, some are saying it's a Sharks - Pens SCF, etc etc. I can't say if it's Sharks fans on here doing that or bandwagoners or whatever since I'm not willing to check out post histories to see where everyone stands, but hearing the talk in general just baffles me.

There aren't too many Shorks fans here but most of us like them to a certain degree. Marvie just wants the Bloos to die.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I don't like the Sharks at all and I don't see how they miss the SCF. The Blues are going to have to get a fresh delivery of senzu beans or something to change that.

Top Bottom