• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

PillarEN

Pffff. I don't know man. It's like the Wings cannot find a way to shoot from the slot. Both games. The Johnson line has been unstoppable.

Edit: eh fuck it. Just fight I guess.

ZeroGravity

CgINnUKWcAIF7uE.jpg

nubcake

Neo Member
I think Drouin staying here is entirely up to him, because with the way he's been playing since being called up has been exceptional and exactly what he needed to do to convince us that he's learned his lesson.

And if Stamkos does end up leaving it makes it that much easier for Yzerman to forget the past and move forward with him on the team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Absolutely. Provided Cooper doesn't start benching him for no reason.
Why would he want to stay after all of this shit? Doesn't make sense for him and who says Yzerman's opinion of him has changed at all? Knowing they've tried to trade him at the draft just reinforces that this would be a forced marriage.

If anything Drouin is using this time as motivation to play well so he can be traded.

ZeroGravity

Why would he want to stay after all of this shit?
Cooper and Yzerman put the whole thing behind them. No reason to believe Drouin can't, or that this experience hasn't matured him.

Doesn't make sense for him and who says Yzerman's opinion of him has changed at all? Knowing they've tried to trade him at the draft just reinforces that this would be a forced marriage.
What opinion? That he's a potential elite player?

And that trade was for Ekblad. It's not like he was giving him away for nothing. Any GM would have likely done the same.

If anything Drouin is using this time as motivation to play well so he can be traded.
Entirely possible, but it's equally possible he's grown up and willing to work things out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cooper and Yzerman put the whole thing behind them. No reason to believe Drouin can't, or that this experience hasn't matured him.

Entirely possible, but it's equally possible he's grown up and willing to work things out.
Possible, but very unlikely. He's a kid who's gone to extreme lengths to get himself out of Tampa, I don't think sitting at home for a couple of months has turned him into a new man. Cooper and Yzerman are professionals, of course they can put this behind them, especially if Yzerman can't get any value for him which is the reason Drouin is even playing right now. I just think it's naive to think that because he's played a couple playoff games, that everything is all roses now between the two parties, particularly when Walsh is involved.

calder

Feel like the Hawks may have another goal in them

Oh cool an offsides challenge on a nothing entry just hoping a guy lifted a skate a split second early

Top Bottom