• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Yawnier

Banned
You sure its not more along these lines

tumblr_mu0aucTXmR1r5lfkbo1_500.gif

latest

Sportbook Odds:

Odds to win the Stanley Cup Washington Capitals 4-1 Los Angeles Kings 7-1 Chicago Blackhawks 15-2 Anaheim Ducks 8-1 Dallas Stars 8-1 Pittsburgh Penguins 9-1 St. Louis Blues 10-1 New York Rangers 16-1 San Jose Sharks 16-1 Florida Panthers 20-1 Tampa Bay Lightning 20-1 Nashville Predators 25-1 New York Islanders 25-1 Minnesota Wild 28-1 Detroit Red Wings 33-1 Philadelphia Flyers 33-1

Kings fan: the whole world's against us!

Late predictions:

West
Dallas vs. Minnesota: hard to see Dallas losing here, even with their iffy goaltending. This will be the round where they'll decide on a starter to lean on. No Parise will be a huge blow to the Wild. Dallas in 5.

Anaheim vs. Nashville: the Ducks started abysmally and then ended the year by winning their division with top-ranked special teams. Rinne's last 5 games of the regular season: 15 goals allowed and a sub-900 save percentage. If the Ducks have any weaknesses, it's the fact that Gibson has 4 career playoff games under his belt, and some of their depth players are battling injuries. Anaheim in 5.

St. Louis vs. Chicago: Crawford had a great year but is coming off an injury. The Hawks' defensive depth isn't great, but Keith will be back for Game 2 and he basically plays like two defencemen anyway. This is probably the Blues' last run with this core before something changes. I'd say they have the advantage on paper, but it's the defending champs vs. playoff underachievers. Chicago in 7.

LA vs. San Jose: See above. The Kings don't seem as deep as in previous years while the Sharks added some solid pieces in the offseason and trade deadline. I don't think this is Thornton and Marleau's last chance, but it's probably their best. This series will be decided in net. LA in 7.

East

Washington vs. Philadelphia: The Capitals are healthy and hungry. Even if they rode some unsustainable advanced stats to the President's Trophy they're still one of the deepest and talented teams in the league. While the Flyers won 14 of their last 19 games) they're in danger of burning out. Washington in 5.

Pittsburgh vs. New York Rangers: The Penguins will get MAF back and enter the playoffs as the team no one wants to face. Even without Malkin they've been scoring at a ridiculous clip. The Rangers haven't done much this year, and no McDonagh is a huge blow, but any team with Lundqvist in net is a threat. Pittsburgh in 6.

Florida vs. New York Islanders: The Islanders are riddled with injuries and now have to go on the road against the Panthers. Both teams are on the younger side, and it's too easy to point to the large discrepancy in net (Luongo vs. Greiss), but I'll do it anyway. Plus, Jagr. Florida in 6.

Tampa Bay vs. Detroit: Normally this would be an easy decision until the Lightning lost Stamkos, Stralman, and possibly Johnson. However, the Red Wings have some questions in net, going back to Howard after Mrazek stumbled down the stretch. Plus, they sort of backed into the playoffs at the expense of Boston. Tampa Bay in 5.

ShaneB

So begins the playoffs and the battle for the greatest trophy in sports. Will change up my avatar as I usually do around playoff time.

Let's go marathon OT games on this first night. Golf courses opening up just as the playoffs are starting, what a wonderful time.

Let's go Caps.

Foggy

I send my spirit bomb out to Dubbed and Gunstar for solo repping your teams. Profound sadness to everyone else.

Top Bottom